PDA

View Full Version : Question about PvE starter decks

Slish
01-24-2016, 06:39 PM
Heya, I heard you will get a starter deck when u make a champion in the PvE campaign (the first 2 times). Are these starter decks the same as the current PvP starter decks? Or will they be different (PvE) decks?

I'm asking mainly since I would like to start as an Orc (warrior) but I already have a lot of those cards. So t wouldnt make sense to start with such a character then.

WolfCrypt
01-24-2016, 06:39 PM
The Coyotle one seemingly has Diamond and wild cards

Slish
01-24-2016, 06:41 PM
Sorry, I meant if they are the same as the current starter decks.

fido_one
01-24-2016, 06:43 PM
Just for reference, this is also being discussed on Reddit (not that it shouldn't be discussed here, just more info for you):

https://www.reddit.com/r/hextcg/comments/42dq10/psa_be_careful_with_your_initial_champion_choices/

redman2112
01-24-2016, 06:43 PM
This is one of the rare times I feel we definitely need the info before the patch comes out. It would be awesome if we could get a list somewhere on the site that has contents of each of the PVE starters.

WolfCrypt
01-24-2016, 06:46 PM
Sorry, I meant if they are the same as the current starter decks.

Coyotles at very least aren't same as starter deck of coyotle for pvp

RobHaven
01-24-2016, 07:02 PM
Coyotles at very least aren't same as starter deck of coyotle for pvp

Is this something you know to be fact, or are you making an educated guess?

WolfCrypt
01-24-2016, 07:03 PM
Is this something you know to be fact, or are you making an educated guess?

King Gaberial who played the test server himself said Coyotles have a D/W starter deck. Their mentor is also D/W

Maylick
01-25-2016, 12:32 AM
Well I for once won't be dissapointed with any starter deck. So I'll just post decklist whenever I get it. It will only take 4 people to cover all decks, not a problem for this helpfull communtiy. Allthough I think we will be provided said decklists by HXE.

Salverus
01-25-2016, 12:36 AM
in the french interview it said that the starter decks contained pve cards, so by that they are already different than the PvP decks.

WolfCrypt
01-25-2016, 12:39 AM
in the french interview it said that the starter decks contained pve cards, so by that they are already different than the PvP decks.

Anyone translate that to English? France seems to be given annoyingly the most info out of any American site. And London.. Why is all the best info not from the country the company is in?

Gryffe
01-25-2016, 03:20 AM
Anyone translate that to English? France seems to be given annoyingly the most info out of any American site. And London.. Why is all the best info not from the country the company is in?

That's because we're worth it ! *hair blowing in the wind with a jingle playing in the background*
Anyway...

Les decks de départ PvE

Avec le lancement de la campagne PvE, de nouveaux starter decks pour chaque race, spécialement conçus pour la campagne PvE seront disponibles
Chaque joueur recevra jusqu’à deux starter decks gratuitement (correspondant aux deux premiers champions créés)
Les anciens starter decks seront disponibles seulement dans le magasin contre des platines

https://www.momcards.fr/fr/hex/pages/936-hex-tout-savoir-sur-le-pve.html

PVE Starter deck

-With the launch of the PvE campaign, new starter decks for each race, specifically designed for the campaign, will be available.
-Each player can receive up to two starter decks (corresponding to the two first champions created).
-The older starter decks will still be available in the shop against platinum.

wolzarg
01-25-2016, 04:17 AM
-The older starter decks will still be available in the shop against platinum.
for platinum*
as in you pay with platinum to get the starter deck.

Not trying to be a dick just looking to keep confusion away since this is a thread i think new people might read.

morbidity
01-25-2016, 04:28 AM
I am also wondering if this information from RPGFan

Once created, your character is given a starter deck that makes sense for their race and class,[...]

implies that the initial PvE-starter decks are different for all three classes, or if that is just a misinterpretation on my end/strange formulation on theirs.

primer
01-25-2016, 05:54 AM
So with 10 character slots we get 2 freebies and have to pay for the other 8?

Not complaining, just want to know. It pretty much how free to play mmo's work lately.

Salverus
01-25-2016, 05:57 AM
I think it is just like the current PvP starter decks, there are 8 of them, but you can only receive one for free.
You can still make a deck from the cards in your collection and play with the other 8 characters without problems. You can even buy the cards from the starter deck from the AH and then complete the starter trials if you really want to. So that is barely a disadvantage. Starter decks are usually very cheap anyway to buy from AH.

wolzarg
01-25-2016, 06:00 AM

Not complaining, just want to know. It pretty much how free to play mmo's work lately.

You absolutely don't have to pay for the others you just have to make your own decks for them so as a new player picking say the orc getting for simplicitys sake 20 blood and 20 ruby cards and then picking the shin'hare and getting 20 blood and 20 wild cards. Then you create a human that is 33% sapphire 33% diamond 33% ruby allowance. you now have to play your 20 ruby cards from orcs and 40 shards because a lvl 1 human can't use any blood cards. These examples are overly simplified but i think it explains it well enough to make the point.

Kingrags
01-25-2016, 06:07 AM
If I have to guess, I don't think these starters will contain any rares or legendaries. See:

http://2turnsahead.com/episode-94-the-campaign/

I would have to assume thats the necrotic start restrictions. I can't imagine they get any rare resources/artifacts.

That you get max 2 free decks is probably barely a limitation for f2p players. It was also confirmed that you can get PVP commons and uncommons from playing PvE so this is probably not very limiting for most players.

fido_one
01-25-2016, 06:36 AM
I hadn't actually played the starter trials in a long time, and they revamped them many a months ago and I now see what they could be alluding to:

If they are replacing the starter trials, you get a set rare in a starter trial pack (along with 16 other set uncommons and commons). Forgot about that. They'll just be taking those starter trials and injecting them into the dungeons, so my guess we'll see the same sort of drop (one-time per account, per race, set starter pack w/ a rare attached to get you into the game, etc.). That's totally cool.

As I said before, CZE knows what they are doing, so I'm more curious as to what they'll be handing out, personally, if they do manage to design a battle that the community can't beat for a long time, go ahead and fill that loot table with whatever PvP and PvE prizes you want if someone manages to knock that opponent down. Cool stuff.

Chark
01-25-2016, 10:02 AM
Just to clarify a couple of things spoiled by the press:

1. After the campaign is live, you'll receive around 200 free non-tradable PvP cards on account creation. These will be mostly commons and a few uncommons.
2. These cards will build 8 PvE race starting decks and thus will cover any champion(s) you create for PvE. There's no real difference between the quality of the starting deck for champion 1 and champion 3.
3. After the campaign is live you will no longer receive one of the 8 starter decks for free on account creation. You will still be able to purchase these decks from the store for 500 plat.
4. Starter trials are going away. They were there to give a sense of some progression to new players and with the launch of campaign won't be needed any more.
5. The equipment from starter trials is moved to the campaign. PvP cards from starter trials go back to dropping from packs.

Maylick
01-25-2016, 10:05 AM
Cheers!

fido_one
01-25-2016, 10:09 AM

1. After the campaign is live, you'll receive around 200 free non-tradable PvP cards on account creation. These will be mostly commons and a few uncommons.
2. These cards will build 8 PvE race starting decks and thus will cover any champion(s) you create for PvE. There's no real difference between the quality of the starting deck for champion 1 and champion 3.
3. After the campaign is live you will no longer receive one of the 8 starter decks for free on account creation. You will still be able to purchase these decks from the store for 500 plat.
4. Starter trials are going away. They were there to give a sense of some progression to new players and with the launch of campaign won't be needed any more.
5. The equipment from starter trials is moved to the campaign. PvP cards from starter trials go back to dropping from packs.

AWWWWEEEESOOOMMMMEEE

thanks

Xenavire
01-25-2016, 10:13 AM
Chark, you may want to edit the Starter deck price... $50 is scary!

Chark
01-25-2016, 10:35 AM
Chark, you may want to edit the Starter deck price... $50 is scary!

Starters now come with 2 Vampire Kings or 2 Angel of Dawns and cost €50. :p

Tazelbain
01-25-2016, 10:38 AM
>After the campaign is live, you'll receive around 200 free non-tradable PvP cards on account creation.
Nice robust solution.

hammer
01-25-2016, 10:40 AM
Anyway to remove the nontradable items or refuse to take them ? - serious I hate the nontradable stuff cluttering up my collection ; yes there's always one ;)

poizonous
01-25-2016, 10:42 AM
Hmm 200 free common and uncommon cards kind of limits what i can do with the 40 and 50 copies i have of some commons. Not the biggest deal but does affect marketing for gold

Bunnies
01-25-2016, 10:44 AM
plot twist, 200 commons and uncommons are 40 shards of each type

knightofeffect
01-25-2016, 10:44 AM
Chark, how do the 200 free PvP cards jive with the free first 2 PvE character starters we've heard about? Are those just some PvE race/class specific cards to augment the free 200 PvP cards?

Evilgm
01-25-2016, 10:52 AM
Hmm 200 free common and uncommon cards kind of limits what i can do with the 40 and 50 copies i have of some commons. Not the biggest deal but does affect marketing for gold

In theory it could increase it, depending on the numbers and specific cards. Someone getting a couple of a card they'd never otherwise consider could end up wanting two more for consistency, whereas before they may have overlooked it.

Tazelbain
01-25-2016, 10:53 AM
I take it as "free first 2 PvE character starters" was incorrect info and Chark's clarification as the correct info.

Erebus
01-25-2016, 10:55 AM
Chark, how do the 200 free PvP cards jive with the free first 2 PvE character starters we've heard about? Are those just some PvE race/class specific cards to augment the free 200 PvP cards?

I think what he's saying is that they are moving away from 2 free starters and going to giving you all the cards needed to start the campaign with any character. I think this is a smart move as some new player will want to experiment before picking the race/class they want to play as. It would drive away a number of players to find out they can't do that.

WolfCrypt
01-25-2016, 10:58 AM
I thought PVE decks had pve cards and some PVP are all eight decks PVP un/com?

Tazelbain
01-25-2016, 11:00 AM
When Frost Arena release the economy quadrupled in size. It's going to be even larger this time and these 200 card are not going a large dent in that because f2p players are going to have turn those 200 rainbow cards into cohesive decks.

Erebus
01-25-2016, 11:00 AM

No one stated the PVE decks had PVE cards. And if they are getting rid of the free PVP starters, it makes sense to make all the cards PVP so players with no interest in PVE have a start point for playing PVP.

Thoom
01-25-2016, 11:07 AM

PVE appears not to have commons, so it would be a bit tricky making decks without any PVP cards.

WolfCrypt
01-25-2016, 11:13 AM
PVE appears not to have commons, so it would be a bit tricky making decks without any PVP cards.

KingGaberial said there are a crap ton of commons in Camp that are PVE

Fred
01-25-2016, 11:14 AM

There will probably be PvE commons out there, it's just that they are probably too boring to spoil and would fail to build hype, at least compared to the rares and legendaries (and the occasional uncommon).

WolfCrypt
01-25-2016, 11:24 AM
You wanna see a PVE equivalent of Eulogist or something as badass as Uzme's Handmaiden?

ziggarius
01-25-2016, 11:46 AM

Are these free commons and uncommons going to those that made an account before the campaign launch too? (i recently talked a friend into getting ready for hex campaign and he made his account on Friday and picked coyotle, i helped him out with getting a human starter going too since coyotle wasn't quite fitting what he wanted.)

Svenn
01-25-2016, 11:48 AM
Are these free commons and uncommons going to those that made an account before the campaign launch too? (i recently talked a friend into getting ready for hex campaign and he made his account on Friday and picked coyotle, i helped him out with getting a human starter going too since coyotle wasn't quite fitting what he wanted.)

From here: http://en.hex.gameforge.com/news.html?p=5166

You will be given 200 cards for free upon character creation, and a subset of those cards forms your default starting deck in accordance with your shard grid.

For those of you who have the “Starter” decks that were available in the store, you’ll keep your decks and also add the 200 cards to your collection.

Yes!

Xenavire
01-25-2016, 11:48 AM
I take it as "free first 2 PvE character starters" was incorrect info and Chark's clarification as the correct info.

I'd say outdated info is probably the likely thing here.

ziggarius
01-25-2016, 11:57 AM
Oh, awesome thanks Svenn.

ThomasHunter
01-25-2016, 12:29 PM

Yes!

Wow, that article you linked is awesome! Had to read it on my phone at the office. So pumped about tomorrow!!!

sukebe
01-25-2016, 01:06 PM

Yes!

Thank you for that link, that article was an awesome read :-)

Rendakor
01-25-2016, 01:23 PM
Great article. Why isn't it posted on hextcg.com or linked here on the forums?

bootlace
01-25-2016, 01:34 PM
Great article. Why isn't it posted on hextcg.com or linked here on the forums?

German efficiency and California chillin' doesn't synchronize very well ;P

Chark
01-25-2016, 01:53 PM

I think it's just inaccurate info. Every PvE character has a starter. Each of those starters gets made out of the 200 cards you get.

Chark
01-25-2016, 01:55 PM

Yes. Existing accounts will also get the 200 card bundle. Sorry hammer, there's no way to opt out.

Oli
01-25-2016, 02:02 PM

Do these cards have some unique border or something similar to make them easier to distinguish them from the normal trade-able cards (some kind of golden border - like in other TCCs).

WolfCrypt
01-25-2016, 02:06 PM
Do these cards have some unique border or something similar to make them easier to distinguish them from the normal trade-able cards (some kind of golden border - like in other TCCs).

They'll just have the /!\ symbol like cards in your deck. My game is kinda glitched so soul bound don't show up when attaching cards to a mail but I can play Arena and use everything else so I don't put any effort to fix it

hammer
01-25-2016, 03:06 PM
All good :) anything that helps on boarding and retention is sweet.