PDA

View Full Version : VIP Sleeves

Svenn
01-24-2016, 09:04 PM
So... somehow I didn't realize my VIP sub ran out December 21st and wasn't auto-renewing. I just re-subscribed. However, I'm worried about the VIP sleeves. Are they for the previous 12 months or the following 12 months? Am I still going to be able to get this year's sleeves?

Xenavire
01-24-2016, 09:12 PM
It only applies if you buy the time in bulk, accumulated months of sub (renewing sub) do not count afaik.

If you bought a full year in one go, then you should get sleeves for either the first round (if you didn't have it) or the next round (if you had the first.)

Svenn
01-24-2016, 09:18 PM
So, I have the first set of sleeves (we're still on the first one, right?). I actually didn't realize it wasn't cumulative, so I'll be switching to 1 year as soon as this new sub runs out then.

That still leaves the question... do you need to buy the 1 year before the sleeves are released or after the sleeves are released?

kingzzk
01-24-2016, 09:22 PM
wonder when the 2nd sleeve will be introduced

Svenn
01-24-2016, 09:23 PM
wonder when the 2nd sleeve will be introduced

Q: Who gets the sleeve? Will the VIP sleeve reward rotate?
A: The VIP sleeve is available to players who have purchased at least 12 months of the previous VIP subscription or will purchase the 1 year option. Each year there will be a different VIP sleeve and these new sleeves will appear every July.

From the FAQ: https://www.hextcg.com/vip-returning-faq/

I've got plenty of time, I just need to make sure I do this right.

Phenteo
01-24-2016, 10:28 PM
So... somehow I didn't realize my VIP sub ran out December 21st and wasn't auto-renewing. I just re-subscribed. However, I'm worried about the VIP sleeves. Are they for the previous 12 months or the following 12 months? Am I still going to be able to get this year's sleeves?

If you re-subscribed at the 12 months level, then you will get the sleeve, tickets, and packs for the year. If you subbed at a month or 3 months you will need to wait until that is up to renew at the year. You have until at least June of this year to re-sub to get the first VIP sleeve.

Svenn
01-24-2016, 10:32 PM
If you re-subscribed at the 12 months level, then you will get the sleeve, tickets, and packs for the year. If you subbed at a month or 3 months you will need to wait until that is up to renew at the year. You have until at least June of this year to re-sub to get the first VIP sleeve.

Already got the first year. For the second year (when it's released), if I sub 1 year now would it award the second year when it goes up or does the sub need to occur after the new sleeve is available (meaning if I subbed 1 year in April and the new sleeve goes up in July... I'd have to wait until next April to get the new 1 year sleeve)?

Phenteo
01-25-2016, 03:29 AM
Already got the first year. For the second year (when it's released), if I sub 1 year now would it award the second year when it goes up or does the sub need to occur after the new sleeve is available (meaning if I subbed 1 year in April and the new sleeve goes up in July... I'd have to wait until next April to get the new 1 year sleeve)?

I would need to double-check, but I believe that in order for you to get next year's sleeve, you need to resub after June.

ossuary
01-25-2016, 05:30 AM
I would like some clarification on this as well, as we were originally told that if we had an active 12 month subscription when the rollover occurred, we would get the new sleeves immediately. People were concerned that if they had an active sub, they wouldn't get the new sleeves until they resubbed, which could theoretically be as much as 11 months later.

This is especially relevant to people who bought multiple years when that was a thing (who were also told that we would be getting year 1 VIP and year 2 VIP sleeves as long as our subscription overlapped their release dates).

Phenteo
01-25-2016, 05:42 AM
Oss, the first VIP sleeve would go to anyone who had previously purchased at least 12 months of VIP. For future VIP, you may have to wait for your sub to lapse. I'm not fully sure, so will need to rope back when I have the final answer.

I understand wanting the sleeve right away, the issue is, anyone who purchases a VIP sub after the June date would get the current VIP sleeve and then also get next year's sleeve. Purchasing one year should only give you one sleeve.

Spiredore
01-25-2016, 06:04 AM
I understand wanting the sleeve right away, the issue is, anyone who purchases a VIP sub after the June date would get the current VIP sleeve and then also get next year's sleeve. Purchasing one year should only give you one sleeve.

On the other hand someone like myself who has the first sleeve and has now come out of VIP could pay for a year and get no sleeve, then be eight or so months behind getting the new sleeve every year. It's not a great incentive.

Though if you wanted to get everyone packing their renew dates into June for some reason ...

Phenteo
01-25-2016, 06:34 AM
On the other hand someone like myself who has the first sleeve and has now come out of VIP could pay for a year and get no sleeve, then be eight or so months behind getting the new sleeve every year.

I agree, it's not that great of incentive. Though, if you paid for VIP and already had a sleeve, it would be the best situation where you would get next year's sleeve as soon as it was made available because you didn't get it when you renewed for 12 months when you previously had the current sleeve.

Svenn
01-25-2016, 07:15 AM
I agree, it's not that great of incentive. Though, if you paid for VIP and already had a sleeve, it would be the best situation where you would get next year's sleeve as soon as it was made available because you didn't get it when you renewed for 12 months when you previously had the current sleeve.

That would be great, but I don't know how much extra work that is for you guys. If I have to purchase after June then I can easily just month to month it until July and set up my yearly to renew there... then I always get it quickly. ;) I just wanted to confirm how it works (especially since I originally thought it was just that you had to have a cumulative year).

Daer
01-25-2016, 08:17 AM
Yeah my 12 month VIP sub ran out back in October and I haven't resubbed because of the lack of a new VIP sleeve. It would be weird to re-sub for another year and not get the second sleeve when it is released but have to basically wait until I resubbed for a third year to get the second VIP sleeve. As far as going month to month until then it is just easier to not bother with it, the least frequent payments to gameforge seem to result in the least headaches.

plaguedealer
01-25-2016, 08:58 AM
Is there a way to tell when the vip subscription ends? A flag to your account saying that you are vip so should get new sleeve immediatly would work. Of course that is easier said then done.

Svenn
01-25-2016, 09:16 AM
Is there a way to tell when the vip subscription ends? A flag to your account saying that you are vip so should get new sleeve immediatly would work. Of course that is easier said then done.

You can see when it ends by going to the shop and clicking VIP. It's got all your details there (in half-English, half-German, though). As far as just giving the sleeve... like Phenteo said if you sign up for 1 year and get the sleeve for that year, then you shouldn't also get the sleeve for the next year until you sign up for another year.

We're in a weird state where some people got this year's sleeve for previous 12 months and some got it for signing up for a current year after July so their year doesn't expire until the next sleeve is out. I've got the sleeve, for example, and my sub ran out in December. If I signed up for a year I'd already have that sleeve and wouldn't get the new one until I re-subbed a year next December. If they gave me the sleeve in July when it went up because I previously subbed 1 year in December, that would make sense.

However, someone that didn't already have this year's sleeve who signed up in December for 1 year would get this year's sleeve... but they should NOT get a second sleeve in July for just one year.

So, it's kind of a weird problem at this point that I'm curious how they'll handle. I'm sure they COULD set up something where they check for all these variables to auto-award the sleeve in July to people who have a year sub already that didn't award a sleeve, but it might be a pain in the ass to set that up.

Honestly, as long as I know how it works I'm good (ie, I need to sign up for 1 year AFTER June, not BEFORE to get the sleeves). I can delay with month to month subs until the new sleeves are out and then do the 1 year. Then I should renew every year just in time for the sleeves.

Lafoote
01-25-2016, 09:26 AM
I don't see any indication about how much VIP I have remaining.

Svenn
01-25-2016, 09:53 AM
I don't see any indication about how much VIP I have remaining.

This is what I see:
https://imgur.com/qStu33R

Lafoote
01-25-2016, 10:11 AM
I don't get any of that. Probably because I opted in under the original system. So, with regard to this, are we going to receive a notification when our time is running out? If we sign up now, will it just extend our membership, or will it begin a subsequent one?

Phenteo
01-25-2016, 10:57 AM
I don't get any of that. Probably because I opted in under the original system. So, with regard to this, are we going to receive a notification when our time is running out? If we sign up now, will it just extend our membership, or will it begin a subsequent one?

If you did not resubscribe with the new VIP system, then you should do so unless you are still a VIP member which it appears you are. As you're still a VIP from the original system, you may not have the VIP token showing you the expiration date.

VIP Returning Announcement: https://www.hextcg.com/vip-is-returning/

VIP Returning FAQ: https://www.hextcg.com/vip-returning-faq/

I checked your VIP subscription it will end August 20th, 2016.

The system will not auto-renew, you will have to do that yourself. Once you sign up for the new VIP the system will auto-renew that sub for the length of time you subscribed for.

Elwinz
01-25-2016, 11:05 AM
The VIP remaining thing is inaccurate. MY game was listing my VIP ends at Jan21. Went to shop to resubscribe and it said january 24th .. I was ectualy planning to switch duration but in the end it resubbbed automatically by January 22nd .. Thats confusung ..