PDA

View Full Version : PVE for the challenge...

Gregangel
01-25-2016, 03:17 AM
... I think i will do my first run in the skin of a newbie : with the starter deck and only enhancing my deck with the cards earned in the campaign.

In your opinion, is this possible ?

pyrovoice
01-25-2016, 03:18 AM
it should be, at least for some dungeons. If a new player has no way to grind by himself, there will be a problem

ShloobeR
01-25-2016, 03:45 AM
The hope is that the PvE will entice new players who have no investment in the PvP scene.
in essence you are playing the game the way it has been designed.

if it were not possible to do it in this way then mistakes have been made

Edit: I'm assuming you meant is it possible at all, if you meant 'is it possible without losing games' then I assume answer will be no

Salverus
01-25-2016, 04:01 AM
i think i will do the same, to get that extra experience. Dont want to accidently breeze through it with a better deck. And if it appears to be too difficult you can always come back with a better deck.

wolzarg
01-25-2016, 04:11 AM
The way i heard is that you can absolutely do most of the campaign with a starter and the cards you find but there will be side areas that are somewhere between quite tricky and the devs have yet to beat it. This wouldn't impact your gameplay unless you have the absurd assumption of 100% completion with a starter but is worth noting.

At some point we have to realize that if you push your collection to its fullest extent and then add all that power to the pve some things will be easier than you might want. So i feel like the deck limitation and the side areas makes that a good medium even if i personally would like the entire campaign to be tuned towards a big collection.

toaster4k
01-25-2016, 05:41 AM
Good for you, I will do the exact opposite :D

Gregangel
01-25-2016, 06:28 AM
Yes, not a 100 % completion in this way but i hope to complete the main storyline. End i expect a bit of farming to get there

fido_one
01-25-2016, 06:41 AM
... I think i will do my first run in the skin of a newbie : with the starter deck and only enhancing my deck with the cards earned in the campaign.

In your opinion, is this possible ?

Yeah, people manage good, consistent speed runs starting from zero with the Arena (though they augment their progress with getting PvP cards from the lootz), and the Arena will still be foofing around the new patch, so I'm assuming they'll be a lot of ways to start from scratch and do the wins.

Salverus
01-25-2016, 07:13 AM
just hope that the campaign is not in the style of xarlox or warbot, where it completely depends on luck and your deck doesnt matter.

fido_one
01-25-2016, 07:29 AM
just hope that the campaign is not in the style of xarlox or warbot, where it completely depends on luck and your deck doesnt matter.

It's a TCG based on RNG, so that's going to happen with any battle, and you'll always make note of the RNG screw on harder battles. Xarlox and Warbot are more difficult and they accentuate the same RNG screw that you could have had on a less difficult opponent, but you didn't notice it as you survived long enough to win.

Tazelbain
01-25-2016, 08:34 AM
Unless game kept track of what a character wins, this would be a lot of manual bookkeeping to do it right.

WolfCrypt
01-25-2016, 08:39 AM
Unless game kept track of what a character wins, this would be a lot of manual bookkeeping to do it right.

Everyone knows the Arena drops and Chests PVE cards you can just click "Show PVE Cards" only and then just keep playing Campaign as you edit your deck

Kingrags
01-25-2016, 08:41 AM
Well, seems like you'll get some pvp commons and uncommons in PvE as well

WolfCrypt
01-25-2016, 08:43 AM
Yeah well somme cards are staples in pve or pvp like kill or that pay 1 play 1 wild shard.

dogmod
01-25-2016, 08:45 AM
Well a nooby will also be using the gold they earn to buy cards on the auction house most likely. That may even be a quest in the campaign as part of the onboarding to introduce new players to the auction house. (If it is not then they are really missing out on an excellent and intuitive way to introduce players to the auction house through the PvE experience.

Will you use the gold you gain in campaign to buy AH cards or are you planning on only using card/equipment loot?

Kingrags
01-25-2016, 08:48 AM
You're probably right that you'll get a fairly limited PvP pool from playing PvE but maybe you have a chanse at every PvP common/uncommon in "PvE" packs. If thats the case I assume it wont happen too frequently but it seems like a rather good idea. I mean... it's not like those cards have any monetary value anyway.

WolfCrypt
01-25-2016, 08:50 AM
Well a nooby will also be using the gold they earn to buy cards on the auction house most likely. That may even be a quest in the campaign as part of the onboarding to introduce new players to the auction house. (If it is not then they are really missing out on an excellent and intuitive way to introduce players to the auction house through the PvE experience.

Will you use the gold you gain in campaign to buy AH cards or are you planning on only using card/equipment loot?

Who me? Frankly I have over 2000 cards minus what 39(?) PVE cards from Arena and 4 I bought from AH (2 Harvester's Reaper 2 Uncle Sparkles) so I think I'm good to just live off PVE and what I own but might buy chase cards I can't find.

dogmod
01-25-2016, 09:01 AM
Who me? Frankly I have over 2000 cards minus what 39(?) PVE cards from Arena and 4 I bought from AH (2 Harvester's Reaper 2 Uncle Sparkles) so I think I'm good to just live off PVE and what I own but might buy chase cards I can't find.

It was more directed at the OP. But I would be interested in how people who are attempting the PvE challenge will go about it. If I were doing it I would fully maximize the gold I earned in campaign through the AH. Gold is very valuable right now and you could rapidly expand your common/uncommon collection through the AH. A new player could pretty quickly have a fierce budget deck for campaign I would imagine.