PDA

View Full Version : Curse you Hexent

toaster4k
01-25-2016, 07:26 AM
All i do at work is check the website to see if the patch is live :(

I will get fired and wont have money to afford plat.

On the bright side i would lose my gf too so i would have more time to play it

Hmm....

Xenavire
01-25-2016, 07:32 AM
That is a grim assessment. But given that they said 'this week', it is likely there will be news later today concerning the patch date.

Svenn
01-25-2016, 07:33 AM
Highly doubtful it will be today. They'll probably post an announcement the day before it goes live.

IronPheasant
01-25-2016, 07:46 AM
Tuesday or Wednesday.

No office work is done on Mondays. Everyone has a case of the Mondays. Nor Friday, they have a case of the Fridays then.

Thursday is pizza day, so that's right out.

Tuesday and Wednesday are the only days left. Simple detective work.

toaster4k
01-25-2016, 07:56 AM
Yeah rationally i know thusday, wensday or thusday seems more probable.

Didnt kept me from hoping for a sunday or monday update hehe

Kingrags
01-25-2016, 07:59 AM
Agreed, this lowers my productivity significantly.

incitfulmonk21
01-25-2016, 07:59 AM
Probabilty wise you can almost certainly get a new girl friend and job.

However there is only on Hex

Math is never wrong and it says ditch the job and girlfriend and keep hitting that F5 button!

Cernz
01-25-2016, 08:04 AM
release date or riot ;)

IronPheasant
01-25-2016, 08:08 AM
All that said, I'm as guilty of pawing uselessly at the screen for something that ain't coming as anyone

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x445/terzaerian/rowdiness_intensified.gif

Erukk
01-25-2016, 08:09 AM
Quick! Someone start a countdown clock showing ?? days, ?? hours, and XX seconds!

Khazrakh
01-25-2016, 08:11 AM
Quick! Someone start a countdown clock showing ?? days, ?? hours, and XX seconds!

It should totally show you the exact numbers for hours and seconds while the days should still be ??

Gwaer
01-25-2016, 08:19 AM
It's not today. They should patch on German time. 4pm over there already. It should start early in the morning USA time whatever day it ends up being.

kindmime
01-25-2016, 08:20 AM
I'm a teacher and it is testing week I'm just trying to figure a way to get past these damn blocks on then computer anyone with ideas?

Gwaer
01-25-2016, 08:24 AM
Vpn.

Evilgm
01-25-2016, 08:25 AM
It's not today. They should patch on German time. 4pm over there already. It should start early in the morning USA time whatever day it ends up being.

And presumably there'd be a day's notice of servers coming down to prevent people signing up for Tournaments, as there usually is for patches.

kindmime
01-25-2016, 08:28 AM
I have a vpn on google chrome to get to blocked sites, but to actually run a program like hex it doesn't work. I've installed it on my laptop at home and brought it in but that doesn't work.

Gwaer
01-25-2016, 08:30 AM
6 hours is the least notice I remember of the server going down so if you haven't heard anything by around 1am est then that seems like an excellent indicator that you're not getting a patch In the next 24 hours. Unless they go out of their way to change from how they've patched every other time.

Gwaer
01-25-2016, 08:32 AM
Have to actually install a system wide vpn client. Browser traffic is not all traffic.

kindmime
01-25-2016, 08:34 AM
And I would go about doing that how?

Gwaer
01-25-2016, 08:36 AM
And I would go about doing that how?

Check with your vpn provider. Or if you don't have one get an actual vpn provider. They'll tell you how to use their vpn correctly. Then Google how to check and see if your system is setup properly with a vpn so that your actual location isn't leaking.

Kingrags
01-25-2016, 09:00 AM
Is the front page banner new? "Download chronicles of Enthrat 1"? Am I becoming a little bit too obssesed? Time for coffe :)

fido_one
01-25-2016, 09:04 AM
I'm a teacher and it is testing week I'm just trying to figure a way to get past these damn blocks on then computer anyone with ideas?

Testing week, so K-12? Unless you're working at a university, this should work: http://www.wikihow.com/Bypass-an-Internet-Filter-With-Tor (that's for the client, where you can install other VPN things for the game itself)

Higher ed generally does packet filtering, meaning they can switch that stuff off, but few K-12 institutions have the capability or desire to do so. Also, if you can do it, your students are already doing it / have been doing it. This is possibly the one thing (I.T./Education) where I am not talking out of my ass.

EDIT: I'm assuming you are using a laptop (as it'll be hard to install the client, unless they do a wipe every night), so just hotspot to your 4G phone. I don't know about PvE, but PvP doesn't use that much bandwidth, relative to any other game (though you'll want to monitor it closely).

Saeijou
01-25-2016, 09:31 AM
Is the front page banner new? "Download chronicles of Enthrat 1"? Am I becoming a little bit too obssesed? Time for coffe :)

that came after the announcement :) so a bit older by now ;)

kindmime
01-25-2016, 09:35 AM
Thank you Fido, and yes my students bypass the browser blocker that's how I know that one. I don't tell on them and they tell me how. I work at a high school. That was my backup to use my iPhone as a hotspot makes me wish I did t switch from unlimited data.

fido_one
01-25-2016, 09:45 AM
Thank you Fido, and yes my students bypass the browser blocker that's how I know that one. I don't tell on them and they tell me how. I work at a high school. That was my backup to use my iPhone as a hotspot makes me wish I did t switch from unlimited data.

Again, I don't know PvE, but I think PvP active play was quite low, enough that I could rock multiple hours and not get close to my data caps, which were low at the time. That was a solid year and a half ago though, so I don't know how much info it sucks up. Open your provider bandwidth app, take note of your usage, play for 10 minutes, and look again (know that a general rule of thumb is the first few minutes will be heavier on data usage, you'll average out within a half hour). My guess is you'll be able to play for a few hours without using that much. That's all under the assumption you've downloaded the new client beforehand.

Anyways, good stance on browser blockers, my wheel-house was more higher ed, and for the schools that wanted browser blockers I would stringently argue against them. My point was that it just further subverted whatever the instructor was trying to prevent. K-12 is a different game though, restricting the network as much as K-12 does amount to less money needing to be spent on in house I.T. peeps.

Miwa
01-25-2016, 12:08 PM
I guess tonight it is!

Release tomorrow if you haven't been F5 the main page...

https://www.hextcg.com/chronicles-of-entrath-patch-0125/

Clawdius
01-25-2016, 04:00 PM
I guess tonight it is!

Release tomorrow if you haven't been F5 the main page...

https://www.hextcg.com/chronicles-of-entrath-patch-0125/

Awesome, and here I was convinced I should just place my bets on the 31st as that would be the last possible moment that was still technically the week of the 24th.