PDA

View Full Version : Gold sinks within the campaign?

Fred
01-25-2016, 07:41 AM
There is one thing I have been wondering about and I haven't seen anyone talk about it yet despite the press embargo being lifted. Is there any way to spend gold within the campaign itself? Are there consumables or some sort of store in the game where I can go and spend my gold, or is gold still only relevant for spinning chests?

Khazrakh
01-25-2016, 07:44 AM
Well in the PC Gamer stream there was a NPC that sold a random buff (1 extra ressource in that case) for 100g so I guess it's safe to assume we'll see plenty of gold sinks in the campaign.

ryuukan
01-25-2016, 07:48 AM
Cory also mentioned shops will be in the panorama sections

Evilgm
01-25-2016, 07:48 AM
One of the racials previewed increases the amount of consumables they can carry, which certainly implies there are consumables of some sort.

Fred
01-25-2016, 08:51 AM
One of the racials previewed increases the amount of consumables they can carry, which certainly implies there are consumables of some sort.

One of the racials previewed also increases the number of mercenaries that can travel with you, yet we know for a fact that there are no mercenaries in this patch.

If someone who happened to be at one of those press events and got to play the campaign comes to read this, could you please share your experience on gold sinks? Are consumables and stores implemented in the campaign or is that one more thing in the "some day" pile?

Svenn
01-25-2016, 09:17 AM
I would hope there are gold sinks in the campaign... consumables are fine (although, 100g? that seems super cheap, honestly) and shops sound great (and they already have shop type functionality, so that wouldn't be a hard thing to implement so I imagine something like that is already in).

Poetic
01-25-2016, 09:30 AM
I'd honestly would like a vendor you could sell to as well, even if it was cheap. Like 5g a common, 15g uncommon. My ocd only allows 4 ofs in my collection and its a pain always sending them to my gfs account or someone else after a draft or something.

WolfCrypt
01-25-2016, 09:40 AM
I'd honestly would like a vendor you could sell to as well, even if it was cheap. Like 5g a common, 15g uncommon. My ocd only allows 4 ofs in my collection and its a pain always sending them to my gfs account or someone else after a draft or something.

If your OCD is affected by odd and even numbers judging from the Deck Restrictions it might be rough on you

Graydeath
01-25-2016, 11:07 AM
I have so many chest to spin that a gold sink is the last thing on my mind

Fred
01-25-2016, 11:11 AM
I have so many chest to spin that a gold sink is the last thing on my mind

Whether there is a gold sink or not will influence the overall value of gold, which does matter in your attempt to spin all your chests.

TOOT
01-25-2016, 11:53 AM

This would be great.

wolzarg
01-25-2016, 11:53 AM
Whether there is a gold sink or not will influence the overall value of gold, which does matter in your attempt to spin all your chests.
Not if he only uses his own gold and only for spinning a closed system doesn't care for a market value estimate.

nicosharp
01-25-2016, 12:09 PM
With the City/Town nodes, I would anticipate some way to spend a bit of gold. The largest sink will be to continue to spin chests. Maybe we will see another round of AA PvP cards again for gold purchase, and I'm hoping there is crafting eventually that takes both Gold and cards to create.