PDA

View Full Version : So what is the mood at the HEX offices?

zz_tophat
01-26-2016, 04:47 AM
I always find information about game development far more interesting than news releases about the game itself and right now, as HEX's campaign is about to launch I am wondering what sort of atmosphere there is at the house of HEX.

Is it just another day, everyone going about their normal daily tasks because this build was done some time ago and there isn't much to do until it goes live and you learn what will need fixing?

Is it a party, with a big "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner (apropos because a lot of the work has just started), drinks and maybe an inappropriately themed cake?

Is it a sweaty nightmare cave as you desperately try to fix problems you just now found (like right this second, oh my god, it's game breaking, what are you going to do?!), is someone delivering the bad news about a feature you planned to roll out today but now you know it just won't be happening today so you're making hasty edits to the patch notes and preparing the big soon™ stamp? Is someone yelling "everything is going wrong!" while another person yells "EVERYTHING I TOUCH DIES" as the building descends in to chaos and Cory, in a bid to restore order, starts living half in shadow, declares a himself a demigod and forms a cult that can only be brought down by Martin Sheen?

Phenteo
01-26-2016, 04:50 AM
Needing to stay up late... on a lot of caffeine!

http://riverbankoftruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/kitten-looking-cute-jpg.jpg

MaximumSquid
01-26-2016, 04:58 AM
Depending on where the office is located it might be more like this:

wolzarg
01-26-2016, 05:03 AM
Needing to stay up late... on a lot of caffeine!

http://riverbankoftruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/kitten-looking-cute-jpg.jpg
Late is just the manly mans early!

Maylick
01-26-2016, 05:05 AM
Something tells me it's going like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qgET1Zhpb8

Cernz
01-26-2016, 05:23 AM
the mood seems to be good ... according to this page:

http://hextcg.com/hexup/

jfi... try to refresh the site ;)

RCDv57
01-26-2016, 05:55 AM
I can't sleep.
Not that I haven't tried, but I just keep on waking up.

Venris
01-26-2016, 07:19 AM
I always find information about game development far more interesting than news releases about the game itself and right now, as HEX's campaign is about to launch I am wondering what sort of atmosphere there is at the house of HEX.

Is it just another day, everyone going about their normal daily tasks because this build was done some time ago and there isn't much to do until it goes live and you learn what will need fixing?

Is it a party, with a big "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner (apropos because a lot of the work has just started), drinks and maybe an inappropriately themed cake?

Is it a sweaty nightmare cave as you desperately try to fix problems you just now found (like right this second, oh my god, it's game breaking, what are you going to do?!), is someone delivering the bad news about a feature you planned to roll out today but now you know it just won't be happening today so you're making hasty edits to the patch notes and preparing the big soon™ stamp? Is someone yelling "everything is going wrong!" while another person yells "EVERYTHING I TOUCH DIES" as the building descends in to chaos and Cory, in a bid to restore order, starts living half in shadow, declares a himself a demigod and forms a cult that can only be brought down by Martin Sheen?

Has it moved to number three yet?

zz_tophat
01-26-2016, 07:21 AM
Has it moved to number three yet?

I think it just did.

BenStoll
01-26-2016, 08:28 AM
I can't sleep.
Not that I haven't tried, but I just keep on waking up.

Pretty much where I am :D I'm about to head in to the office myself (it's like 7:15am here). I can only speak for myself, but I plan on doing a lot of drinking today ;D Plenty of blood sweat and tears that need to be quenched and celebrated with whiskey!! Although there will be a sense of coming together today I'm sure, today will also probably end up being a slightly different day for different Hex folk.

Honestly, I don't want to speak for anybody else, and different people on the Hex team don't always have concurrent hard times/experiences in general, but for me the atmosphere in the office has been pretty awesome as of late--sometimes when stuff is crunched and people are working themselves super hard it just feels brutal, but honestly the last few months it's also been that slightly different, very high-energy and high-excitement type vibes that have been floating around and fueling the work and process and collaboration, from a lot of what I've seen...

Venris
01-26-2016, 08:33 AM
Good to know you guys are as psyched as most of us are about the new stuff!

AswanJaguar
01-26-2016, 10:32 AM
Damn. I should have brought them more whiskey.

Congratulations on a big milestone, team. And thank you for all of the informational articles about the patch and what the future timeline looks like!

Dinotropia
01-26-2016, 10:44 AM
Pretty much where I am :D I'm about to head in to the office myself (it's like 7:15am here). I can only speak for myself, but I plan on doing a lot of drinking today ;D Plenty of blood sweat and tears that need to be quenched and celebrated with whiskey!! Although there will be a sense of coming together today I'm sure, today will also probably end up being a slightly different day for different Hex folk.

Honestly, I don't want to speak for anybody else, and different people on the Hex team don't always have concurrent hard times/experiences in general, but for me the atmosphere in the office has been pretty awesome as of late--sometimes when stuff is crunched and people are working themselves super hard it just feels brutal, but honestly the last few months it's also been that slightly different, very high-energy and high-excitement type vibes that have been floating around and fueling the work and process and collaboration, from a lot of what I've seen...

It must be amazing to see all that labor unleashed upon the world. Congratulations to everyone! I haven't gotten my hands on the game quite yet, but everything I have been hearing makes me think that you guys have made something truly special here.

Loregoyle
01-26-2016, 10:45 AM
Just another Tuesday around here.

http://www.dailyhaha.com/_pics/drunk_waterboobs_guy.jpg

seashell
01-26-2016, 11:33 AM
NO! What have you done to my eyes!? xD

NOBLERoostasaur
01-26-2016, 11:39 AM
Good times Lore, good times.

seashell
01-26-2016, 11:40 AM
:O don't tell me that guy is you! he looks alot like a roostasaur for some reason :/

NOBLERoostasaur
01-26-2016, 11:45 AM
That's Crocasaur IRL.

seashell
01-26-2016, 11:45 AM
WOW! photoshop is quite amazing!

LNQ
01-26-2016, 11:50 AM
That's Crocasaur IRL.

I can imagine it battling two troops at the same time when it comes to play.

NOBLEStarshield
01-26-2016, 12:08 PM

Lol it doesn't snow in California!

seashell
01-26-2016, 12:10 PM
Even if it did they would just use Starshield for protection.

Reckless
01-26-2016, 12:34 PM

I would say the day that the campaign releases could also be the day where it snows in cali ;p

Saeijou
01-26-2016, 01:48 PM

maybe not in LA... but definitly in north california ;)

seashell
01-26-2016, 01:51 PM
it is snowing in my heart right now :(

Saeijou
01-26-2016, 01:53 PM
it is snowing in my heart right now :(

are you elsa? :-O

Svenn
01-26-2016, 01:54 PM

I wish it looked like that here. You can't actually see our cars. 3 feet of snow.

I'm guessing right now it's more of a frantic rush to get things back up. ;)

seashell
01-26-2016, 01:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PnbKL3wuH4

Chark
01-26-2016, 03:22 PM
Mood at HEX:

https://twitter.com/theChark_/status/692109740030169089

Shaqattaq
01-26-2016, 03:37 PM
https://twitter.com/HEXWilliam/status/692113286783995910/photo/1