PDA

View Full Version : Hex minimizes second monitor on startup

MuffLord4
01-26-2016, 12:11 PM
Hey, everytime I start the hex client my big screen gets its resolution reduced to 640*480, I had this problem since the start of the new set.

When I start the game beyond the loginscreen everything goes back to normal

Any solution would b great

Steelio
01-26-2016, 12:13 PM
You can use borderless gaming to resize it to borderless window ;] Might help ya :p

MuffLord4
01-26-2016, 12:22 PM
I already use borderless but this happens during the start of the patcher and sticks to be a problem till I launched the game completely into the main menu

MuffLord4
01-27-2016, 07:52 AM
Can somebody please help? The game still sets my second monitor to 640*480 screwing everything up. The game itself is set to 1920, this doesn't make sense to me

Kami
01-27-2016, 08:21 AM
Odd. I run dual-monitor as well and haven't run into this issue ever.

Try running the game as administrator and then toggling to a different resolution, applying changes first, then accepting changes, then toggling back to the resolution you want and repeat. Exit game and confirm?

The game shouldn't be changing the actual resolution your monitor is running at. Only other thing I can think of is a video driver issue where your display driver is forcing your monitor to whatever resolution it detects an application to be running at. Some applications, for whatever reason, startup at a smaller resolution for a split-second before it rescales to whatever your saved settings are. That being said, I don't think HEX does this either.

MuffLord4
01-27-2016, 08:22 AM
For some reason the latest patch checked the run in 640*480, I already fixed it thank you.

fido_one
01-27-2016, 08:36 AM
Odd. I run dual-monitor as well and haven't run into this issue ever.

Try running the game as administrator and then toggling to a different resolution, applying changes first, then accepting changes, then toggling back to the resolution you want and repeat. Exit game and confirm?

The game shouldn't be changing the actual resolution your monitor is running at. Only other thing I can think of is a video driver issue where your display driver is forcing your monitor to whatever resolution it detects an application to be running at. Some applications, for whatever reason, startup at a smaller resolution for a split-second before it rescales to whatever your saved settings are. That being said, I don't think HEX does this either.

Kami, are using a video card or discrete? AMD or Nvidia? Windows 7 or 10? I've always had issues running Hex on a second monitor borderless, so much so I have to swap my primary and secondary monitors to make it work. I used to use displayfusion to do this a bit more easily, but the most recent build I've abandoned due to Windows 10 issues and W10 having task bar on secondary monitors built in (the primary reason I used displayfusion).

I haven't tried it on the new build as 2560x1080 (resolution of my secondary monitor) is bust in that it runs at about 10 frames a second with glitches (not my hardware, well beyond spec).

I'm using Nvidia discrete cards in my machine.

Kami
01-27-2016, 08:52 AM
Kami, are using a video card or discrete? AMD or Nvidia? Windows 7 or 10? I've always had issues running Hex on a second monitor borderless, so much so I have to swap my primary and secondary monitors to make it work. I used to use displayfusion to do this a bit more easily, but the most recent build I've abandoned due to Windows 10 issues and W10 having task bar on secondary monitors built in (the primary reason I used displayfusion).

I haven't tried it on the new build as 2560x1080 (resolution of my secondary monitor) is bust in that it runs at about 10 frames a second with glitches (not my hardware, well beyond spec).

I'm using Nvidia discrete cards in my machine.

I've run HEX on both an integrated and discrete video card. Intel and nVidia, specifically. I've also run the game both in Windows 7 and Windows 10.

Currently, my main rig is nVidia + Win 10. I can run HEX on a second monitor borderless with no issues. I also use Displayfusion. On this rig, I average well over 100fps on average, usually hovering around 115-130fps during activity/transitions and a solid 144fps (cap of monitor) when static-ish.

For my integrated laptop, haven't had any issues either when hooked up to a secondary display. That being said, the laptop does have a discrete nVidia GPU built-in but I've tested with both in the past.