PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Hex, campaign seems to be awesome!

LNQ
01-26-2016, 03:48 PM
So I finished the tutorial dungeon and a few nodes in AZ1, and can say that the new content and the improved battle UI are wonderful. Really looking forward to spending more time with Campaign and excited about the upcoming updates as well!

It's going to be a great year. I wanted to write this post now because I'm bound to write some constructive criticism on some aspects of the game, and feel that it's important to let you know how cool I think this whole game is right now despite thinking that some parts could still be improved. Keep up the great work, and see you tomorrow. Hopefully the game runs smooth tomorrow evening in Europe!

:)

Cernz
01-26-2016, 03:51 PM
Prost :)

BlackRoger
01-26-2016, 03:53 PM
Also, it's all very pretty.
Did not expect this level of polish.
Well done!

Raith
01-26-2016, 05:00 PM
What I have seen so far is incredibly slick and fun to play. This is a great sign for the future. Well done.

Svenn
01-26-2016, 05:19 PM
Welp, I just made it past character creation.... I already want 48 character slots! LET ME PAY FOR THEM! *throws money at screen*

Dinotropia
01-26-2016, 05:31 PM
This really is a work of art, guys. And I have to say, I don't normally play my games with the sound on, but the HEX sound design team really knocked this out of the park. Huge props!

Mejis
01-26-2016, 05:38 PM
Oh man, how I wish I didn't have to be at work right now. I couldn't log in before I left. How I long for this evening and play time ;)

Devs, FYI I will also throw money for more character slots!

Chark
01-26-2016, 05:40 PM
Oh man, how I wish I didn't have to be at work right now. I couldn't log in before I left. How I long for this evening and play time ;)

Devs, FYI I will also throw money for more character slots!

It's on the list for future dev, but it won't be plat for more char slots. That's not what we're about.

Mejis
01-26-2016, 05:42 PM
It's on the list for future dev, but it won't be plat for more char slots. That's not what we're about.

Sure, I know, hehe ;) and that's great/mega respect for that.

I just wanted the emphasise the desire, as I'm sure Svenn did.

hammer
01-26-2016, 06:07 PM
Looks awesome, sounds awesome, super fun, replayable, lots of loot - Its beyond perfect. Great job guys, as soon as the latency is solved this game is going to be way way way more polished and fun than I could have ever imagine.

fido_one
01-26-2016, 06:56 PM
Added to everything I've run accross is just as good as I had hoped. This game is awesome. Wonderful work ya'll.

Good luck on the hangovers tomorrow.

Deathlock
01-26-2016, 07:26 PM
Yeah, thanks guys! I love the Campaign, now it's obvious what a huge ammount of work has been done.

Selanius
01-26-2016, 07:43 PM
I love the campaign. Previously HEX was a great Online TCG. Now its a great RPGOTCG. Just missing the Massively Multiplayer and I feel like it has delivered on the KS vision.

Vorpal
01-26-2016, 08:56 PM
I have only gotten in a little bit but...

-everything looks so good!
-the battle maps look good
-new ui is good (minus black bars hiding your cars)
-like the new resource effects/method of showing resources
-the campaign maps look good
-the backgrounds for the locations where you talk to npcs looks good

overall the game seems much 'snappier' and moves quicker - until you hit lag :D

Mejis
01-26-2016, 08:59 PM
How's the AI doing? I still haven't been able to play, but curious to know how strong/competent it is?

Selanius
01-26-2016, 09:29 PM
AI has been very good so far for me, every encounter it has used its charge power, it has used quick actions in response to plays, and responded based on what I was fighting. The only problem I've see is that it still gets wrecked by cards like Living Totem and Adaptatron.

Bombs
01-27-2016, 02:07 AM
The Gf left at 8pm. It's now 4am. I played from the tutorial through the end of The Tranquil Dream. I have to say that I am absolutely exhausted. I have experienced every emotion from overjoyed to completely terrified of losing my 3rd life in a dungeon. Well done! Hearthstone doesn't offer 10% of the challenge and emotional roller coaster ride in any of their $25 PvE dungeons.

Valnir
01-27-2016, 02:45 AM
+1 PVE if really nice. Stunning looks, fun gameplay, exciting story! Thx Cory and, the whole HEX team!

Ertzi
01-27-2016, 03:49 AM
Yes, give me 999 more character slots, please. I'm going to need them. I haven't been able to play for 20 minutes because of lag, but I am already getting withdrawals. Let me baaaaack...

ziggarius
01-27-2016, 07:22 AM

Chark, I just gotta say you guys are amazing if you're not going that route. I was totally willing to do it as well, cause, you know... every other dev did it that way. Keep up the great work!

EvilCanadian
01-27-2016, 07:26 AM
Just want to agree with everyone here that this has far exceeded my expectation. I'm completely blown away by how smooth the game interface is and how beautiful the art is as well. Great job guys, you've made an incredible game!

MaximumSquid
01-27-2016, 07:40 AM
Only criticism is there seems to be no over world music

Otherwise it's fun enough that I'm willing to play it with the hefty delays

szimek
01-27-2016, 07:47 AM
Campaign is soooo much fun and it's more than i thought it will be. Big thanks to HEXEnt for the fun i'll be having with PvE. The only bad thing is that now i can't wait for more!! AZ2, crafting, guilds, raids... so much hype!!!!

jimmywolf
01-27-2016, 08:23 AM
agree with everyone else, love what i played my only real criticism is the lag between loading text or battles which is temporary, so no biggie.

very happy hex made it this far an look forward too what come next!

Gregangel
01-27-2016, 10:08 AM
I want to say, the arts of the campaign are gorgeous !!! Truly magical

Scorpio989
01-27-2016, 10:22 AM
This... This is so true...

Tazelbain
01-27-2016, 10:29 AM
Over all the quality is good. The game boards and UI are amazing. But those quest flags is glaringly bad.

Xexist
01-27-2016, 10:42 AM
/SIGNED

Level 5 or so Cleric named Banana

Loving it. Seriously Loving it. 2 legendary so far ^^

Selanius
01-27-2016, 11:38 PM
I've played through the entire campaign now and I must say it was awesome! I can't wait to do it again on other characters. It was worth the wait and despite a few nitpicks here and there it was overall VERY well done!

Yoss
01-29-2016, 06:14 PM
I know there are multiple of these threads running, but it bears repeating. HXE really did well on this one. I am having a blast! I hope that new players are also having such a good time. (I'm doing the Naked Challenge, so it should somewhat simulate the new player experience, and it's awesome. The only problem may be the difficulty for newbies to the TCG genre.)