PDA

View Full Version : Is Kracken's Gold not a thing anymore?

Selanius
01-26-2016, 08:46 PM
I remember seeing all the awesome previews for Kracken's Gold. Among those were Sea Hags, mind control, and lots of tentacles. I've encountered the Sea Hag in the Adventure Zone as a stand alone encounter, does this mean that the dungeon is off the table now or is she just a preview of things to come?

WolfCrypt
01-26-2016, 08:49 PM
It's a raid dungeon.

Xenavire
01-26-2016, 08:54 PM
It's a raid dungeon.

Actually, Krakens gold is meant to be a dungeon in which the Sea Hags cameo, while the Kraken itself is meant to have a raid encounter as well as a dungeon encounter.

Selanius
01-26-2016, 09:27 PM
It's a raid dungeon.

Did you even read my post? I mention in it that it was previously slated to be a dungeon. Previously doesn't mean that that is the current plan and that is my question.

hex_colin
01-26-2016, 11:12 PM
I remember seeing all the awesome previews for Kracken's Gold. Among those were Sea Hags, mind control, and lots of tentacles. I've encountered the Sea Hag in the Adventure Zone as a stand alone encounter, does this mean that the dungeon is off the table now or is she just a preview of things to come?

It's still a thing. I've played the paper version a couple of times. I expect that there were tech challenges getting it into this first update - there were definitely some really interesting mechanics. :)

Selanius
01-26-2016, 11:18 PM
It's still a thing. I've played the paper version a couple of times. I expect that there were tech challenges getting it into this first update - there were definitely some really interesting mechanics. :)

Awesome! Thanks Colin. The dungeon looked really cool and I was bummed killing the Sea Hag on the normal map. (That said WOW WHAT A FLAVORFUL ENCOUNTER! Without spoiling too much, it really felt like I was fighting a witch all about making my life painful.)