PDA

View Full Version : I am blown away!

Mejis
01-27-2016, 03:02 AM
OK, so I finally got in to play after the login issues before work for me this morning.

These are some very quick first impressions, but ones that the devs should most certainly hear.

Wow. Just wow. You have nailed it HEX Ent. I am so utterly impressed by PvE. I mean, from the previews I knew we were in for something special, but this is just incredible.

Some bullet points before I jump straight back in:

The music. It is breathtakingly beautiful. Who did the music?
The visuals are outstanding. Those animated playboards are so detailed and incredible.
The ambient sounds are amazing. I have them on right now and it feels like I'm in a forest (esp. with headphones on).
I just did the tutorial for fun. Amazing job. I think this will help TCG newbies a lot. (My only carrot-on-a-stick suggestion would be a small one-time reward for getting to the end for new players).
The campaign dialogue is perfect. Not too lengthy, but with enough substance to be compelling and interesting. Great job.
Fantastic variety in encounters, and I'm barely into the campaign yet.
The UI is looking slick. I sorta agree about the cards being cut off issue at the bottom/top that others have raised, but it's not a deal-breaker for me. I'm sure things will get tweaked anyway.
Card art on all these new PvE cards is, as ever, just the best TCG art out there.
The RPG feel is here. It is palpable. The sense of glee when you level up! I'm playing an RPG with meaningful choices, but it's a card game!

OK, that'll do for now, not because I don't have more to say, but because I need to get back t playing.

So excited for the future, but for now I feel there is so much to enjoy and get sunk into. I want to play ALL the race/class combos, but for now I'm sticking with my Coyotle Cleric.

Oh, two tiny gripes:
1) chat still needs some work as it's a little hard to read now so many people online.
2) I'd love to be able to filter by "Campaign-acquired cards only" as I'm currently going to the Cory-suggested route of playstyle.

Ertzi
01-27-2016, 03:41 AM
Add me to the pile of blown away debris. The campaign is amazing, and I am only here because I am stuck in a loading screen. I love everything about it. There is a real sense of discovery and wonder, and I feel immersed in the world. I will sink thousands of hours into this ^_^

Thank you, HexEnt!

Mike411
01-27-2016, 03:56 AM
I'm also blown away :)

I wish we had the PvP card manager features inside the PvE manager though. I don't know why we can't save/load/clear decks etc. I'm just taking screenshots of decks I make as a workaround *shrug*

Xenavire
01-27-2016, 03:59 AM
I'm also blown away :)

I wish we had the PvP card manager features inside the PvE manager though. I don't know why we can't save/load/clear decks etc. I'm just taking screenshots of decks I make as a workaround *shrug*

Yeah this bugs the crap out of me too. I'd be satisfied with even 3 (one for standard play, one for dungeons, and one for puzzle encounters.)

Elysion
01-27-2016, 04:08 AM
The music. It is breathtakingly beautiful. Who did the music?

Hey Mejis, I am glad you really like the music. It's all composed by me Mark Elysion Doezé and Todd Castillo. Enjoy the campaign, we are very glad we have such an amazing community and it really inspired us in making the best possible audio. :)

Mejis
01-27-2016, 04:13 AM
Hey Mejis, I am glad you really like the music. It's all composed by me Mark Elysion Doezé and Todd Castillo. Enjoy the campaign, we are very glad we have such an amazing community and it really inspired us in making the best possible audio. :)

You've done an incredible job, and I imagine I've only heard a smattering of it, so I can't wait to hear more. I shall Google you to try and find some tracks etc that perhaps I can buy, or if you can point me in the right direction etc. I think this will make excellent soothing non-distracting music for when I'm busy doing office work/analysis :D

Salverus
01-27-2016, 04:21 AM
yes the music is very good.
I ll be honest, before the campaign with only the arena, i had the sound turned off and played my own music while grinding. Now i have music turned back on and really enjoy it.

Mejis
01-27-2016, 04:37 AM
Yeah this bugs the crap out of me too. I'd be satisfied with even 3 (one for standard play, one for dungeons, and one for puzzle encounters.)

Didn't even realise this was a thing as I've been using the same deck and just tweaking. But hmm, hopefully that'll get resolved at some point and at least allow one or two deck saves.

Also, what happens if you repeat a node (blue can be repeated yeah?)
Do you get any xp and or loot again? Can you taken the same card again to get more copies of it?:

Yoss
01-29-2016, 05:29 PM
+1 to the OP. Nice work, Hex team! :)

Now I need a new computer to fully enjoy the awesome graphics without low FPS. :(

Oroniss
01-29-2016, 06:11 PM
Yeah, I just got back from a week's holiday and started playing last night. OMG this is awesome. Absolutely loving it. It's what I've been waiting for since the kickstarter and I'm so glad I stayed for it.

PowderedToastMan
01-29-2016, 06:15 PM
This is so nice to see....Someone special has something to say to you all!4193

Mejis
01-29-2016, 09:58 PM
+1 to the OP. Nice work, Hex team! :)

Now I need a new computer to fully enjoy the awesome graphics without low FPS. :(

I just built a new PC. My oh my is it amazing have hex run smoothly on my HDTV :D

Aradon
01-29-2016, 10:00 PM

Let me add my appreciation to the pile, Elysion! Usually, I don't expect much from the sound quality of a game, and I was very, very pleased when I heard so much new music and sound effects. The audio all around is just fantastic, so great job and thank you :D

Vorpal
01-30-2016, 08:13 PM
Everything is very pretty and polished. The different boards look great, the ambient sounds are great.

The whole experience is a ton of fun and so much richer than hearthstone's 'adventures'.

LeMazing
01-30-2016, 08:33 PM
The music is pretty great, on that note I found an old article containing an interview with those two:
https://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-sounds-good-to-me/