PDA

View Full Version : Nitpicky Issues

loopholist3
01-27-2016, 10:50 AM
These are some extremely unimportant issues that bother me. Feel free to add your own.

I can't have a space in the name of my coyotle. Established coyotle with spaces: Sight of the Sun, One Eye Open, Prairie Meadow, Daughter of Stars, Dreaming Fox, Feather Drifting, Winter Moon, Running Deer

On the globe, one side seems to spewing blood magic, and the other ruby magic, but the one with the blood magic is the one that seems to have shards lodged in it.

The coyotle text choices seem really confrontational for my current image of coyotle (but that might change as I get to know the coyotle more)

Xexist
01-27-2016, 10:51 AM
These are some extremely unimportant issues that bother me. Feel free to add your own.

I can't have a space in the name of my coyotle. Established coyotle with spaces: Sight of the Sun, One Eye Open, Prairie Meadow, Daughter of Stars, Dreaming Fox, Feather Drifting, Winter Moon, Running Deer

On the globe, one side seems to spewing blood magic, and the other ruby magic, but the one with the blood magic is the one that seems to have shards lodged in it.

The coyotle text choices seem really confrontational for my current image of coyotle (but that might change as I get to know the coyotle more)

I definitely feel like the coyotles Ive met so far have been kinda assholes, not how I pictured them

Svenn
01-27-2016, 10:53 AM
You can't have spaces in the names of your characters? That's disappointing since really those names don't do much and aren't used for things like chat or anything.

Juneauz
01-27-2016, 10:54 AM
The gold/plat counter in the top right corner is overlapping some of the main icons (options, messages...).

Not sure if that's a design choice... if it is, I'm not a big fan

BigAl
01-27-2016, 11:35 AM
Yeah, no spaces and must be longer than three characters. There goes my cleric named Tyr.

Xavon
01-27-2016, 11:40 AM
The gold/plat counter in the top right corner is overlapping some of the main icons (options, messages...).

Not sure if that's a design choice... if it is, I'm not a big fan

This.

Also, (at least for me) the ToS check box has to be checked every time. And the don't show default sort message continues to appear even though I checked the box saying not to.

Koz
01-27-2016, 11:49 AM
I agree with others on pretty much all points as minor annoyances:

1.) No spaces in names. I even tried using a "_" to separate my Coyotle name but was not allowed to do so.
2.) Gold/Plat overlaps toolbar at the top of the screen
3.) I don't like seeing the constant running count of messages being added to chat. I don't need to see how many chat messages I'm missing, and I'd like to have a way to disable that (if there is one now, I couldn't find it)

Aradon
01-27-2016, 12:10 PM
Regarding the toolbar overlap, I had the same thought. On closer look, though, the 'overlapped' icons are actually half-sized and sharing space. I think this would be clearer if the currency row were moved to the top, and thus blended into the upper-right corner, but that's just my two cents.

limpit
01-27-2016, 12:14 PM
I agree to everything mentioned in here so far.. :)

Zophie
01-27-2016, 12:21 PM
There doesn't seem to be a way to show only Online friends on my friends list, and it doesn't sort them in any particular order, so any time I want to see which of my friends are online I have to scroll up and down the list - I have too many friends :(

Svenn
01-27-2016, 12:22 PM
There doesn't seem to be a way to show only Online friends on my friends list, and it doesn't sort them in any particular order, so any time I want to see which of my friends are online I have to scroll up and down the list - I have too many friends :(

Friends list needs an overhaul...

fido_one
01-27-2016, 01:59 PM
I definitely feel like the coyotles Ive met so far have been kinda assholes, not how I pictured them

Since it was my first character, I didn't want to say anything, but yeah, I haven't been a big fan of their dialogue, you have to swap between being an asshole or religious zealot. Know the lure with them is very strong spiritually, but that makes the ability to divert a bit all the more exciting, but I seem to be locked into 'Yeah, well screw you then, I'm doing it anyway' or 'like the prophets have told, I shall carry forth, as was destined.' As a result I'm finding it hard to connect to my character. Is it different with other races?

Zophie
01-27-2016, 02:07 PM
Is it different with other races?

Elves seem to be kinda self centered and flighty, some of them are kinda rude but they drink a lot so it's kinda not surprising. Overall they seem like a good bunch, just don't depend on them for like anything, ever. Elves are the last people you call if you need someone to help you move to a new place, if they do show up they'll just probably stand around and talk about shit while they eat all your food and drink all your booze and watch everyone else carry boxes to the van.

Superjuice
01-27-2016, 02:12 PM
Ahhhh, that ToS radio button.... driving me nuts already =)

Zophie
01-27-2016, 02:14 PM
Ahhhh, that ToS radio button.... driving me nuts already =)

Apparently that's for our protection (per https://twitter.com/HexTCG/status/692354777854808064) though I'm not sure I fully understand why that is.

fido_one
01-27-2016, 02:17 PM
Elves seem to be kinda self centered and flighty, some of them are kinda rude but they drink a lot so it's kinda not surprising. Overall they seem like a good bunch, just don't depend on them for like anything, ever. Elves are the last people you call if you need someone to help you move to a new place, if they do show up they'll just probably stand around and talk about shit while they eat all your food and drink all your booze and watch everyone else carry boxes to the van.

So basically elves are the fictional embodiment of most fraternity boys. Hrrrmmm, think I'll find it hard to connect with them as well. This is a bit worrisome, as the human characters seem also to fit perfectly within the confines of all of their own race, and while I'll definitely create them, I like to play 'good guys/girls', and am worried underworld will fit in with stereotypes as well which will make them even less attractive.

Not so much so that it will prevent me from playing, the dialogue is written really well as are the NPCs, I'm just having a hard time role playing my actual champions as after 6 battles, I can almost map out their dialogue choices before I see them in a conversation.

Part of it is just me and my proclivities, but other part of it is character building, the reason that I really like [sorry forgot name, can't find it] the guy that catalogue's everything sidekick, is that the sidekick is a 'good' shin'hare. Right there, I'm interested in the character as it's breaking form from the others. To me, it's an integral part of any hero building lore, which is what champions are about. So far I seem to kind of be like a coyote drone. Early days though!

Rendakor
01-27-2016, 02:17 PM
The new ToS button is the worst. Ugh. Keep it checked unless the ToS changes or we switch accounts.

fido_one
01-27-2016, 02:23 PM
The new ToS button is the worst. Ugh. Keep it checked unless the ToS changes or we switch accounts.

100% agreed.

This thread is good but I really want to continually balance my comments out by saying that this is one of the best things I have ever played, I'm criticizing it because it's sooooo damn good and I can't wait for them to iterate and make it even better, which I know HexEnt will do in varying degrees.

GobBluth
01-27-2016, 03:47 PM
Apparently that's for our protection (per https://twitter.com/HexTCG/status/692354777854808064) though I'm not sure I fully understand why that is.

I'm not really sure how its protecting us. My guess is that its a German law that applies to Gameforge and it is just applied to everyone to make it easier. No research or anything behind that but in the US I've never experienced having to accept terms every time.

fido_one
01-27-2016, 04:47 PM
I'm not really sure how its protecting us. My guess is that its a German law that applies to Gameforge and it is just applied to everyone to make it easier. No research or anything behind that but in the US I've never experienced having to accept terms every time.

I don't know German law either but you have a very good point, I do know they are a lot more strict about such things than we are, and Gameforge did 'take over' the ToS. They could just be covering their ass for their regulations and/or the international market in general where such things are bound to more legal recourse than they are in the U.S.A.

Fyren
01-27-2016, 05:05 PM
Since it was my first character, I didn't want to say anything, but yeah, I haven't been a big fan of their dialogue, you have to swap between being an asshole or religious zealot. Know the lure with them is very strong spiritually, but that makes the ability to divert a bit all the more exciting, but I seem to be locked into 'Yeah, well screw you then, I'm doing it anyway' or 'like the prophets have told, I shall carry forth, as was destined.' As a result I'm finding it hard to connect to my character. Is it different with other races?

The Shin'hare do tend to stay somewhere between neutral responses and outright ruthlessness, so while they're not particularly nuanced responses, as a whole, they work. I'm going to play my Shin'hare mage as a bastard and my cleric as someone more contemplative, and see what changes.

Really? I feel like they haven't been big enough assholes. At least not to me, because I'm their ancient goddamn enemy and I don't know why the hell they're even talking to me.

Daer
01-27-2016, 05:57 PM
As a Shin'hare I've heard that Coyotles eat their own pups. Seems kind of assholish.

fido_one
01-27-2016, 06:20 PM
As a Shin'hare I've heard that Coyotles eat their own pups. Seems kind of assholish.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/388320/asshole%20coyotev2.png

Alamand
01-27-2016, 06:26 PM
I'm not sure if it's an oversight, but on the human shard grid you're still limited to 2 uncommons at level 9, meanwhile you can add 3 rares and 2 legendaries. It feels wrong to be able to add more rares to your decks than uncommons.

fido_one
01-28-2016, 06:04 AM
I think it may have hit another thread, but a server status tag when you fail to log-in. I'm stupid, so I spam the damn thing a million times before I realize it's not my password, it's the servers, but I have to backtrack to here to figure out that they are officially down. Fine during alpha/beta, not so great for release, especially new players.

jojobusta
01-28-2016, 06:23 AM
If i have 2 rows of cards on table, priority button appear in the middle of second row and it stay behind the cards. Guess they forget to adjust its position after new shards ui.

Svenn
01-29-2016, 07:21 AM
Okay, after running through a bunch of quests last night I found something that really bothers me. I assume the dialog is set up to be the same for each race, but with a variable used to substitute in whatever race you are. However, the grammar doesn't take this into account. The amount of times I've seen "a Elf" instead of "an Elf" is not small... and every time I cringe a little trying to read it >_<

Vorpal
01-29-2016, 07:27 AM

Orcs seem to vacillate between being angry and homicidal and being noble and respecting their opponents.

I don't regard this as bad, mind you. It's good to see that they aren't completely one dimensional.

Turtlewing
01-29-2016, 01:05 PM
Is it different with other races?

Elves get to choose between grandstanding and false modesty most of the time. You could read them as assholes but I read it more like things Don Quihote might say (they delusionally or not view the world though the lense of narrative and tales of epic darring do).

As far as I've seen (tutorial) the necrotic are pretty reasonable overall except where humans are concerned but that quickly gets justified as every human you meet loudly proclaims how you don't deserve to exist before attacking you.

Humans (also only based on the tutorial) are a little too into the king IMO. Almost like they're playing a version of the "penis game" where every time someone says "the king" someone else has to say it louder.

Tazelbain
01-29-2016, 01:30 PM
Can't turn of the damn chirping birds without getting rid of all gameplay sounds.

Zophie
01-29-2016, 02:03 PM
As far as I've seen (tutorial) the necrotic are pretty reasonable overall except where humans are concerned but that quickly gets justified as every human you meet loudly proclaims how you don't deserve to exist before attacking you.

Yeah, from the eyes of a Necrotic the Humans seem to be a bunch of xenophobic dicks. In fact I would go as far as to say the entire reason for the conflict between the factions was because the Humans absolutely couldn't cope with the idea of these alien Necrotics showing up. I mean yeah it's kinda insulting to be walking around in their dead bodies, but it's not like they have any choice, they need those vessels to exist and live. If the humans hated it so much they could have maybe worked with them to find a better solution, like use magic to make some clone bodies or something to use instead. Come on Humans, give peace a chance.

Ertzi
01-29-2016, 02:08 PM
The amount of times I've seen "a Elf" instead of "an Elf" is not small... and every time I cringe a little trying to read it >_<

Holy shit, this is going to drive me crazy!

Yoss
01-29-2016, 11:54 PM
So basically elves are the fictional embodiment of most fraternity boys. Hrrrmmm, think I'll find it hard to connect with them as well. This is a bit worrisome, as the human characters seem also to fit perfectly within the confines of all of their own race, and while I'll definitely create them, I like to play 'good guys/girls', and am worried underworld will fit in with stereotypes as well which will make them even less attractive.

Not so much so that it will prevent me from playing, the dialogue is written really well as are the NPCs, I'm just having a hard time role playing my actual champions as after 6 battles, I can almost map out their dialogue choices before I see them in a conversation.

Part of it is just me and my proclivities, but other part of it is character building, the reason that I really like [sorry forgot name, can't find it] the guy that catalogue's everything sidekick, is that the sidekick is a 'good' shin'hare. Right there, I'm interested in the character as it's breaking form from the others. To me, it's an integral part of any hero building lore, which is what champions are about. So far I seem to kind of be like a coyote drone. Early days though!

I wasn't really going to say much in this thread other than the various UI updates all sound great, but Fido's post here really struck me. It's exactly how I've felt so far with my Coyotle Cleric, who's masterfully named "CoyoCler", in case you're wondering. Really though, there's a thread by Loregoyle himself where he asked us to post exactly this kind of feedback. Maybe we should post such things there?

Xavon
01-30-2016, 12:11 AM
Another little nit to pick; I liked the old coin flip animation better. A lot better.

fido_one
01-31-2016, 05:23 PM
Another little nit to pick; I liked the old coin flip animation better. A lot better.

I second this; the coin in the current version is overly-saturated, IMO. Hard to make out the detail in the coin as it flips where as before it was nice and crisp - I immediately went from 'I actually still like the coin flip even after seeing it 5k times over the years' to 'get this over with so I can start the match'.

fido_one
02-02-2016, 12:28 PM
If someone mentioned this, sorry I didn't pick it up... even though I thought the feeling would go away due to it being 'new' it has yet to do so: I find it difficult to navigate to tournaments or my card collection (PvP card collection interface), having the Store, AH, Stash, Mail and Options as quick links but not the other ones (even outside of PvE), having to navigate back to the starting menu, click the 'play' title, navigate to card collection or tournaments...

Too complicated, IMO, and I've been thinking about playing drafts and gauntlet less as a result of the navigational choices as I kind of forget they are there - used to having them one quick click away.

Svenn
02-02-2016, 12:30 PM
If someone mentioned this, sorry I didn't pick it up, but I though the feeling would go away and it has yet to do so. I find it difficult to navigate to tournaments or my card collection (PvP card collection interface), having the Store, AH, Stash, Mail and Options as quick links but not the other ones (even outside of PvE), having to navigate back to the starting menu, click the 'play' title, navigate to card collection or tournaments...

Too complicated, IMO, and I've been thinking about playing drafts and gauntlet less as a result of the navigational choices as I kind of forget they are there - used to having them one quick click away.

Agreed. I like that they tried to organize things a bit better, but the bar to access each area was way easier. I just got a co-worker into the game and he found the menus confusing/annoying and was complaining about them. :(

Yoss
02-02-2016, 01:58 PM
They just need to have all the menus (even if they're to remain nested/drop-down style) available top right at all times.

ThomasHunter
02-02-2016, 02:25 PM
Can't turn of the damn chirping birds without getting rid of all gameplay sounds.

Yeah, too many birds. Love the sounds otherwise!

Ertzi
02-02-2016, 02:28 PM
The removal of the previous navigation menu is baffling honestly. It was a lot better in my opinion.

thegreybetween
02-02-2016, 06:29 PM
Plus, we waited almost three years to click on the "Profile" button, and then they killed it with the patch that made it relevant. It was like the very icon of "Be patient." Even if I KNOW it would have taken us to the same campaign character selection screen we have now, I still feel cheated for never getting to actually use that long-awaited button even once. The epitome of nitpicks, but there it is :p

Ebynfel
02-02-2016, 08:50 PM
Honestly, my biggest thing, I cant navigate away from a tourney without fropping. Maybe I'm missing it somewhere, but I thought PVE was supposed to be playable between rounds, and the tourney will save your progress and call you back when your draft fires/match starts..

Xenavire
02-02-2016, 09:57 PM
Honestly, my biggest thing, I cant navigate away from a tourney without fropping. Maybe I'm missing it somewhere, but I thought PVE was supposed to be playable between rounds, and the tourney will save your progress and call you back when your draft fires/match starts..

Not yet released feature sadly (PvE is so good it is hard to tear myself away from it for tourneys, so between rounds...)

dogmod
02-02-2016, 10:30 PM
Playing PvE in between rounds = two accounts

seashell
02-03-2016, 12:13 AM
It really irks me how king Lodegan told me that once i burn his body i could return for a reward but i don't see any way of doing that.

Alamand
02-03-2016, 08:42 AM
Now that I'm making a lot of new characters, I hate how in the tutorial dungeon the path between the 1st and 2nd node goes off into the fog of war and doesn't light up as you go through.

frychikn
02-03-2016, 08:35 PM
I didnt want to start a thread for this, so I figure this is the place it should go....

is anybody else kind of "done" with the pve right now? There isnt very many things to "farm" for in dungeons, ESPECIALLY people with the dungeon bonus backer.

Lafoote
02-04-2016, 06:27 AM
While we're nitpicking, can anyone explain how this image from a John Carpenter movie ended up on Healing Aura?

loopholist3
02-04-2016, 07:00 AM
It really irks me how king Lodegan told me that once i burn his body i could return for a reward but i don't see any way of doing that.

He is talking about the reward for the quest that sent you there in the first place.

loopholist3
02-04-2016, 07:07 AM
It's true for my coyotle, but I suspect it's true for everybody. In the Bleak Citadel you get an option between these two conversation pieces:

Your a liar and a murder (Initiates fight)
Just Die (Initiates fight)

These feel like the same thing to me. If Just Die is said in specific tones, it could portray a different mood, but if that is the case, the tone is not coming across when I read it.

Vorpal
02-05-2016, 08:27 PM
Can we get some kind of icon indicator for 'trained'?

I want to AA my deck.

When I go to pull orcs out of my deck using brutal commander and they are AA....it is terrible trying to find the trained ones!

Lafoote
02-05-2016, 11:01 PM
With Underworld characters in Tomb of the Rose Knights it says you 'start' the match with help, but it's tardy, only showing up at the conclusion of your first turn. Does somebody think that first turn attack for 1 is going to break the dungeon?

Xavon
02-05-2016, 11:47 PM
How's about some additional dialogue when you save the princess? Instead of just here's the extra card and no other acknowledgement.

Lafoote
02-06-2016, 08:42 AM
I'm not fond of the first encounter in Devonshire having Ignite. It makes the ability to play for the bonus cards far more dependent on luck, and far less dependent on strategy/smart play. Sure we could play counters, but expecting everyone to play counters in Devonshire isn't realistic.

loopholist3
02-06-2016, 09:03 AM
Can we get some kind of icon indicator for 'trained'?

I want to AA my deck.

When I go to pull orcs out of my deck using brutal commander and they are AA....it is terrible trying to find the trained ones!

I assume you mean EA because I am having a problem with that too