PDA

View Full Version : Level 2 Judge Test Information

Gwon
01-20-2011, 04:02 PM
The ability for Journeyman judges to advance to the Expert level has arrived. Cryptozoic recognizes that not all aspiring judges are able to make it to a Darkmoon Faire or Continental Championship. As an alternative to start advancing through the judge ranks, the Expert Judge Certification is now available online. If you feel that you are ready to take the next step in the judge program and help build your local community, please see below for instructions on how to take the test.

In order to take the Expert judge test online, you must have a recommendation from a current Expert-level or higher judge or SI:7 member. In most cases, getting a recommendation requires working an event with your mentor, who will gauge your rules and player management knowledge in order to determine whether you’re prepared to take the test. Additionally, Expert candidates must be 18 years old. Candidates failing the test must wait at least three months to retest.

Current Expert and higher level judges can submit recommendations by logging in to cze.slowmail.com (http://cze.slowmail.com), clicking “World of Warcraft TCG Expert,” and then “World of Warcraft TCG Expert Recommendation” on the following page. You will be presented with a short form with questions about the judge you are recommending. When the recommendation has been completed, it will be reviewed.

Once the recommendation has been reviewed, the Expert level test will be made available to the recommended judge on the test site. Like the Journeyman test, it requires 80% to pass. Unlike the Journeyman test, the Expert test IS NOT open book. The Cryptozoic Judge program is built on integrity and trust; you are trusted to make the right decision when choosing to participate as a Cryptozoic Judge. If you have any questions about this process, please send an email to wowtcg.com/contact "Volunteer and Judge Questions" or visit our Cryptozoic Judge forum (http://forums.wowtcg.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51). Good luck!

Morp
01-20-2011, 04:54 PM
Mike you still need to fix some current expert/higher judges status on slowmail.com so we can start to recommend judges. When will this be done?

Thanks

Aaric
01-21-2011, 02:21 AM
I passed the expert test at NACC's and the artisan test last year at Worlds, but it looks like the site thinks I'm still journeyman. I clicked the WOW TCG EXPERT button and it took me to the page that wanted me to take the expert level test. If the site doesn't recognize me as an expert level judge I won't be able to give reccomendations.

Patrigan
01-21-2011, 10:47 AM
You guys didn't get the memo? You two were on the list that had to do everything again.

I personally am able to give recommendations. However, I'm listed as an expert and not an Artisan.

Dr4gst3r
01-21-2011, 11:52 AM
What about people like me who dosen't have any High level judges in my country and dosen't travel much?
Asking for a reccomendation from someone I do not know would be out of the question imo, since they don't know if I'm ready to take the test.
Any help is appreciated,
Thanks!

Patrigan
01-21-2011, 01:45 PM
What about people like me who dosen't have any High level judges in my country and dosen't travel much?
Asking for a reccomendation from someone I do not know would be out of the question imo, since they don't know if I'm ready to take the test.
Any help is appreciated,
Thanks!

That's not entirely true, there is a myriad of questions I could ask you.

Morp
01-21-2011, 02:36 PM
You guys didn't get the memo? You two were on the list that had to do everything again.

I personally am able to give recommendations. However, I'm listed as an expert and not an Artisan.

I need you to recommend me so I can retake all the tests one - five. Thank you. =P
Last I heard from Jenifier they were going to fix the expert and artisian people who passed it at worlds or before soon. Also they look at this forum regularly they just dont like to post till they have good information to share about it.
I just have a couple people who soon I can recommend and I am unable to do it.

slowmail
01-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Mike you still need to fix some current expert/higher judges status on slowmail.com so we can start to recommend judges. When will this be done?

Thanks

I passed the expert test at NACC's and the artisan test last year at Worlds, but it looks like the site thinks I'm still journeyman. I clicked the WOW TCG EXPERT button and it took me to the page that wanted me to take the expert level test. If the site doesn't recognize me as an expert level judge I won't be able to give reccomendations.

Jeremy & Robert,

I just checked on both your accounts, and your access to the Expert Area (http://cze.slowmail.com/course/view.php?id=4) with the Expert Recommendation Form (http://cze.slowmail.com/mod/quiz/view.php?id=18) on the Test Center have been enabled since Dec 2010.

Please send an email to judge@czevolunteers.com with details on the issues that you face trying to access and/or submit a recommendation.

Ed.

Morp
01-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks Edwin ill look into it again and relay any problems I am having.
Update` My recommendation page is working just fine. Thanks

Patrigan
01-25-2011, 12:04 AM
Is it right that I can give only one recommendation, which has to be reviewed every time, before the next recommendation?

aventhunderer
02-14-2011, 10:44 AM
I'm Interested in taking the test how can I get a recommendation from the higher level judges? We don't have a level 2 or higher judges here in the Philippines :)

Cal-Tastrophy
02-14-2011, 12:13 PM
you need to head to a high level event and find a judge who you can shadow and if they think you are ready they should link you to the level 2 test

slowmail
02-14-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm Interested in taking the test how can I get a recommendation from the higher level judges? We don't have a level 2 or higher judges here in the Philippines :)

Hello Jonathan,

Expert judge testing will be available to eligible judges at the Zangarmarsh Realm Championship in Manila, Philippines this April. It is important that you study for the test if you plan to take it.

If you are unable to attend (or plan to play), you can obtain your recommendation by judging with any Expert created at that event.

Ed.

aventhunderer
02-15-2011, 01:06 AM
I'll definitely play.

What if no lvl 2 is created on the event? - its possible right?

how will be able to take the test then?

Chained_Phoenix
02-20-2011, 05:40 AM
Hey all,

I had taken the level 2 (or whatever they called the higher one) judges course and passed just as UDE were losing WoW so I don't believe it was ever registered. I've run events in the past as well but looks like I need a recommendation to get the expert exam now. Due to the limited number of judges in Australia I'm not even sure who I can ask to provide this. I'll be asking the store I usually play/judge at (Fast Break Sports at Nundah) but I'm not sure what even the owners ability to recommend me for this is, any other way or does anyone have access to the old lists of UDE qualified judges that we can go off?

Oh and just to confuse the matter a bit more I believe I have this account, which is now my "player" account and my "judge" account seperate. Is this still recommended or are we better off just combining them?

slowmail
02-21-2011, 06:00 AM
Hey all,

I had taken the level 2 (or whatever they called the higher one) judges course and passed just as UDE were losing WoW so I don't believe it was ever registered. I've run events in the past as well but looks like I need a recommendation to get the expert exam now. Due to the limited number of judges in Australia I'm not even sure who I can ask to provide this. I'll be asking the store I usually play/judge at (Fast Break Sports at Nundah) but I'm not sure what even the owners ability to recommend me for this is, any other way or does anyone have access to the old lists of UDE qualified judges that we can go off?

Oh and just to confuse the matter a bit more I believe I have this account, which is now my "player" account and my "judge" account seperate. Is this still recommended or are we better off just combining them?

1. Each person should only have one CZE ID. You should not use a different ID for playing and judging. From now on, I would recommend you only use the CZE ID associated with this account (Chained_Phoenix).

2. Expert judge testing will also be available to eligible judges at the Blasted Lands Realm Championship in Brisbane, Australia this April. It is important that you study for the test if you plan to take it.

If you are unable to attend (or plan to play), you can obtain your recommendation by judging with any Expert created at that event.

Ed.

deathfranz
04-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Hi im from Peru and here in south america there is no any international event yet. I want to do the test but how....now i cant travel to any runing event away from my realm. So what do i have to do ?

Damio
04-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Hi im from Peru and here in south america there is no any international event yet. I want to do the test but how....now i cant travel to any runing event away from my realm. So what do i have to do ?

i think there is going to be testing at the Realm Championship (thats is within your realm) if you were going to go

Sphereoffear69
05-17-2011, 12:19 AM
my name is Bryan i am a recent level 1 and play at battlegrounds in Lancaster, CA. we have several level 1's but no level 2's here so our ability to advance ourselves is very limited and would like to expand our knowledge. A group of us will be attending Darkmoon Faire in Las Vegas, NV in June and i was wondering if I could possibly judge one of the tournaments that weekend. If able i would love to have that chance to. I have judged pre-releases for magic the gathering, so i have a fairly good idea of what it entails.

thank you
Bryan Richardson

gorion
05-17-2011, 12:49 AM
I'm interested in taking the test. How can i get a recommendation from the higher level judges? We don't have a level 2 o higher actives in Spain.

Patrigan
05-17-2011, 01:34 AM
I'm interested in taking the test. How can i get a recommendation from the higher level judges? We don't have a level 2 o higher actives in Spain.

Try applying for a DMF and people like myself can follow you and if we deem you ready, we can give you the test.

Tommi
05-17-2011, 08:41 AM

You can also drop me an email at tommi@czevolunteers.com and we can talk about your situation first.

Karion
05-24-2011, 03:17 PM
I and another gentleman here in Idaho, find ourselves in a very similar situation to Gorion. There are no higher level judges in our area. Is there someone we can share some email conversations back and forth to prove ourselves worthy of a recommendation?

martinezjkind
06-07-2011, 07:08 PM
I know what you mean Karion , since I am trying to work my way up the ladder to be a high ranking judge . In Washington state we had a handful of level 2 and higher judges while UDE was controlling and I have judged a lot of local events and some larger ones. I remember from an event that they were focused on getting a high level judge to the next level and would not do any other testing until that was done. At the same event judges were shadowing each other and gave feedback on what we saw from the other person . Sorry that i went a little off topic there but never give up hope , I have been judging for at least 3 years now everything from local battlegrounds/Realm Qualifiers to DMFs/Nationals and still have not found a single opportunity to actually sit down and talk to someone about taking my level 2 judge test.

MCMCurtis
06-07-2011, 09:13 PM
I had my name submitted for the level 2 exam several weeks ago and have yet to hear anything about being able to unlock the exam. How long does it take once a level 2 ask to have you take the test?

slowmail
06-07-2011, 09:46 PM
I had my name submitted for the level 2 exam several weeks ago and have yet to hear anything about being able to unlock the exam. How long does it take once a level 2 ask to have you take the test?

After the Expert has followed all instructions to submit a recommendation, it will be processed within 2 weeks.

If you have been waiting longer than that, please request your Expert re-read the instructions.
You might also like to mention not to overlook any bold red text.

Drakko
09-15-2011, 09:12 PM
I live in Costa Rica, for now we have several level 1 judges, as we do for any of us can take the test of World of Warcraft TCG Expert, thanks

Sianzzz
09-30-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi..

I just realised that my status is still a Journeyman Judge when I had already passed my Expert Judge test last year during Realms via Edwin.

Can someone please check on this? Thanks so much! =)

Sianzzz
10-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Any official updates on this?
Would require someone to confirm this as I wish to make some recommandations..

xSenselessx420
08-11-2012, 03:27 AM
Is there any other way to get a code to take the test aside from working at tournaments?

WhiteDragon
08-11-2012, 03:49 AM
No 10 chars

Shirik
08-11-2012, 07:15 AM
Well to be able to take the test, you need a recommendation from a Level 2 judge (there is no actual code, it just gets unlocked for your account). So theoretically you could get a recommendation from a Level 2 judge without ever having gone to a tournament, but that would probably be pretty rare. A judge will want to have worked with you quite a bit and be confident in your abilities before providing such a recommendation.

Part of being an effective judge, and part of the experience, is learning tournament procedure and policy. Player management is just something you cannot pick up without some real experience. Remember the level 2 test does not just test your rules knowledge, it encompasses a wide array of topics.

tyjhayden
08-11-2012, 06:41 PM
We are most likely getting ready to loose our FLGS judge. I just took the L1 test and passed, and was wondering if I needed to try to get a higher judge rating to help out our group, or if it will do for now. Though I figure going for the next level during GenCon may be too soon.

Shirik
08-11-2012, 06:45 PM
A level 1 judge is still a judge, and that's all that's necessary to run a tournament (along with a TO). So you don't have to go searching for a higher level judge if you don't think you need one.

If you're coming to Gen Con, I can help you figure out if it's too soon, and if so, what to brush up on. :)

tyjhayden
08-11-2012, 06:55 PM
That's good to know. We don't have too many "Hard-Core/Elite" players, so its pretty casual. I might be able to get our old judge to recommend me for L2 before he leaves.

I would like to get more information on Judging during GenCon, as I would like to be a good judge. Though I live 25 minutes south of the Convention Hall, so I am already here.

DanCapt
08-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Oh boy, one of shirik's quizzes? They make my head hurt :-( .

Back on topic, the only "local event" (currently) that needs a Level 2 judge is realm championships. Anything else is fine with a level 1.