PDA

View Full Version : QOL improvements - Quick Observations - Fast fixes

nicosharp
01-27-2016, 11:24 AM
#1 - At Login: Allow us to permanently check that we accept TOS - or remove TOS accepted box after we first login. (Enough steps, and can't appropriately tab through when logging in with Authenticator and password.)

#2 - In PvE Campaign mode: Please, for the love of baby RNGesus, let us save more than one deck for each Champion. I know this is likely coming with Mercenaries, but it currently takes forever to swap now without saving and loading decks.

#3 - Please clean up the Hints boxes, so when they are seen, they don't come back. Especially for tabbing to deckbuilder in the campaign, as it will pop up no matter how many times you check the box asking it not to. (Forced to remove hint's in options, but still a few repeats after.)

#4 - Later suggestion, as I haven't played a PvP game and am not 100% sure on this yet: If Resources still appear on the bottom pane, we need a new UI for mouse-over, or card blockers for competitive play/streaming will have to block current resources and thresholds.... Not sure if there is a plan to reduce the need for card blockers in HEX? Trust Fall?

Yoss
01-29-2016, 05:55 PM
Agreed on all points.

OutlandishMatt
01-29-2016, 06:27 PM
#2 - In PvE Campaign mode: Please, for the love of baby RNGesus, let us save more than one deck for each Champion. I know this is likely coming with Mercenaries, but it currently takes forever to swap now without saving and loading decks.

Yes, with so many different encounters requiring a change in deck structure, this is a must for me. I want the ability to make a brand new deck AND load saved decks. You should already have the bucket made, let's fill it!

Shaqattaq
01-29-2016, 06:32 PM
#1 - At Login: Allow us to permanently check that we accept TOS - or remove TOS accepted box after we first login. (Enough steps, and can't appropriately tab through when logging in with Authenticator and password.)

Counter-suggestion-- An achievement for 250, 500, and 2000 times a person accepts the TOS? :)

nicosharp
01-29-2016, 06:34 PM
Counter-suggestion-- An achievement for 250, 500, and 2000 times a person accepts the TOS? :)

I support the gamification of the TOS 'feature'

OutlandishMatt
01-29-2016, 09:39 PM
Here's another quality of life improvement that maybe I'm missing.

I want the top row of buttons back to navigate the game. If I'm in the Auction House and want to go to the Card Manager I now have to leave the Auction House. It's even worse if I'm in the Campaign and go to the Auction House and then want to go to the Card Manager because then it goes Auction House > Campaign > Card Manager. This new system, although pretty, is terrible for navigation.

publicuser
01-29-2016, 09:50 PM

It will definitely make like easy for Login, but I have a different opinion regarding the Login Page altogether.
My suggestion is that put the TOS checkbox on the first screen itself (HexPatch.exe). Also if possible the Login functionality should also be on the first screen i.e. UserName and Password textboxes. This will help in multi tasking and definitely reduce the game load time.

Oli
01-30-2016, 12:38 AM
I want the top row of buttons back to navigate the game. If I'm in the Auction House and want to go to the Card Manager I now have to leave the Auction House. It's even worse if I'm in the Campaign and go to the Auction House and then want to go to the Card Manager because then it goes Auction House > Campaign > Card Manager. This new system, although pretty, is terrible for navigation.
Also the campaign should make is clear that you can buy more cards on the auction house or that you can use the trade channel to trade your cards with other players.

Yoss
01-30-2016, 10:15 AM
Here's another quality of life improvement that maybe I'm missing.

I think there is an in-between way to do it. They've gone from a flat menu to nested menus, which is actually great. The problem, as you pointed out, is that the menus are only available from the base node. A solution I'd try is to make the menus shrink and move to the top right so that they're always available from all screens in the game, without being as intrusive as the old flat menu system.

Ertzi
01-30-2016, 12:09 PM
All good suggestions in this thread, but the saving of multiple decks in Campaign is by far the most important for me. This feature should be the first thing that is added to the game in the next PvE patch as far as I'm concerned.

Mike411
01-30-2016, 01:46 PM
All good suggestions in this thread, but the saving of multiple decks in Campaign is by far the most important for me. This feature should be the first thing that is added to the game in the next PvE patch as far as I'm concerned.

Out of any QOL issue, this is definitely my first choice as well :)

Clawdius
01-30-2016, 02:20 PM
Only if the first person to gain the achievement (would require restrictions on time, say at least 2 hours since last login) gets a flight out to California to have a drinking contest with the heartiest drinker Hex Entertainment LLC has to offer. First one to make a sacrifice at the porcelain altar loses.

Mike411
01-31-2016, 04:59 PM
Could be a fast QOL fix: Please make a seperate tab or something for auction house mail. If you create a lot of auctions, it makes using the mail for any other purpose quite difficult.

nicosharp
02-02-2016, 08:27 AM
Thanks Bros, but I still want my TOS achievements.