PDA

View Full Version : I want to save and LOAD decks in pve

Metronomy
01-27-2016, 12:19 PM
Hi,

I will keep it short since campaign is great and I want to get back to it.

Why cant we load decks in the deck-builder ? It seems unnnecessarily complicated to switch 60 cards out when you want to modify for a specific encounter. There is already a check if a deck is pve legal (so deck limitations is no real reason). So whats the issue ?

nicosharp
01-27-2016, 12:31 PM
yeah, I just made this request in another thread. It's a big deal... I'm guessing they have this tied to Mercenaries, but I don't understand why there is a limitation in the campaign now, when that limitation is not in our normal deck manager.

Zophie
01-27-2016, 12:32 PM
The deck list probably needs an overhaul in general. Like put flags on each deck showing what formats they are eligible for, and let you sort/filter your decklists by different categories, like valid formats/champion/shards/date modified/date created/etc.

Jormungandr
01-27-2016, 01:13 PM
Yeah, this would be really helpful. Especially when you want to switch to a purpose - built deck for one encounter, and then switch back to your "normal" deck again.

I can only imagine that the changes they made to the PvE deck builder to filter your collection to only show the # and type of cards that you can add to your deck based on the level / race matrix made it problematic to also have load/save functionality.

ThomasHunter
01-27-2016, 01:17 PM
I think this is similar to a post I had on a simple, but important paradigm shift. We're leveling a deck as much as we're leveling a character. That means you aren't switching wholesale cards for specific encounters I suppose. Even though you can, it's maybe not the intent.

I do see the tie-in with merc as well. Overall, I am tying decks with toons/mercs and playing as such. As I open up more choices, I'll change my deck. As a merc comes around that fits a certain strategy - BOOM! - new deck!

I had thought (wrongly), that I could bring all of my decks to the campaign. I now see that doesn't make sense. While I haven't played much (yet), I am planning out my (current) 10 slots/decks and matching them to characters.

I love the design overall. It is different than I had thought, but it rocks so far. I'm only sad that some of my decks/ideas have to wait for the right merc or class/race combo!

Happy gaming!
Taleisin

Jormungandr
01-27-2016, 01:21 PM
I think this is similar to a post I had on a simple, but important paradigm shift. We're leveling a deck as much as we're leveling a character. That means you aren't switching wholesale cards for specific encounters I suppose. Even though you can, it's maybe not the intent.

I do see the tie-in with merc as well. Overall, I am tying decks with toons/mercs and playing as such. As I open up more choices, I'll change my deck. As a merc comes around that fits a certain strategy - BOOM! - new deck!

I had thought (wrongly), that I could bring all of my decks to the campaign. I now see that doesn't make sense. While I haven't played much (yet), I am planning out my (current) 10 slots/decks and matching them to characters.

I love the design overall. It is different than I had thought, but it rocks so far. I'm only sad that some of my decks/ideas have to wait for the right merc or class/race combo!

Happy gaming!
Taleisin

I think this is true, and that's what I'm mainly doing for my deck as well. And it's actually pretty cool, as it ties your character to your deck in a way that adds a little bit of depth that I didn't expect to the campaign as a particular race.

But there are also challenge encounters that exist that need a pretty skewed deck to beat, and certain dungeons may lend themselves to a different sort of deck to beat that differs from your normal fun deck that you're playing most of the campaign with on a given character. Thus it would be really useful to swap easily for unusual encounters and then return to your "normal" deck.

Also, it would be nice, especially for new players, to save a copy of your previous deck before making some changes that you want to try out so you can easily revert if you don't like them.

All of these can certainly be done manually, but it's a more tedious process, and prone to mistakes.

GobBluth
01-27-2016, 03:37 PM
I find it really annoying that there is no save feature for multiple variations of a deck. I can't think of a good reason that we shouldn't be able to do it. For the AOM encounter I sided in verdict, counter magic, and suffocate and had all my troops early drops. For the Sea Hag encounter I sided in a lot of spellshield late game troops (luckily I won before Mass Poly). The point is that they designed PVE to force us to use multiple different strategies. To then force us to remember what our favorite configuration is and have to side back and forth manually between different strategies doesn't seem like a good design choice.
I really hope this is a feature they will add in the next patch and is not tied to Mercs. It seems unnecessary and a poor use of Mercs for them to provide a feature I think should be in the game without restrictions. I should be able to save an agro, mid-game, late game, or any other variation of a deck I want. PVE is amazing but this is one thing I wish was different.