PDA

View Full Version : Campaign packs doesn't give chests?

Lisa89
01-27-2016, 12:39 PM
I'm kinda confused by this choice since with chests you can find lot of PvE cards, equipments and especially mercenaries (even if they're not useful atm), I think chests are more related with PvE rather than PvP, I don't understand why don't include them in PvE packs.
To be clear I'm not complaining, it's just something I was wondering about.

Svenn
01-27-2016, 12:42 PM
I just posted this over in the other thread about the chests, so I'm just re-posting this here:

The point of chests is to make it so paying players need gold, so that they are willing to buy/trade for gold from the free players. In this way there is an interdependency so that free players have something of value.

Adding chests to PvE packs would just add to the amount of gold free players need, making it so they have to choose between trading the gold to the paying players or actually getting to spin their chests.

Dinotropia
01-27-2016, 12:43 PM
I believe it is to tie the PvE and PvP economies together. Chests give PvP players something to spend gold on and a reason to sell stuff to PvE players. On the other hand, chests in packs provide an extra incentive for PvE players to maybe add some money of their own to the economy. The brilliance of this model is that it truly is free to play, but you are rewarded in spades if you decide to help support the game. And if you don't decide to toss some money HEX's way, you still help the game grow by contributing to the secondary market!

Rendakor
01-27-2016, 12:44 PM
The intent with chests is to link the plat and gold economies; plat spending PVPers create chests by cracking packs, but they need gold to spin the Wheels of Fate so they have to get that gold from PVEers. The wheels and chests then reward some PVE stuff which the PVEers will need to buy from the PVPers, forcing market interaction.

Obviously few players are 100% PVP or 100% PVE, but that's the theory.

Silvanos
01-27-2016, 01:08 PM
I love how you guys all posted the same thing 1 minute apart. :-) We're all just tripping over each other trying to be helpful.

Lisa89
01-27-2016, 01:46 PM
Ooh, I clearly see the point now! Thanks to everyone for the explanation and the patience you show to dummies like me :D

Rendakor
01-27-2016, 01:48 PM
I love how you guys all posted the same thing 1 minute apart. :-) We're all just tripping over each other trying to be helpful.

Lol. I saw that I had been beaten (twice) but didn't notice the timing. That's great.