PDA

View Full Version : Kickstarter Exclusives (the rest of them)

Xavon
01-27-2016, 04:13 PM
SO, I just discovered that Orson's Dream, Ninja Training, and Princess Cory (and maybe others) all hit with this release. But Lady Cassandra and Roar of the Crowd (and probably others) did not. Are they being held for the next release?

Zurai
01-27-2016, 04:15 PM
Prospero is in as well. I forgot about Princess Cory, I got him too.

Xavon
01-27-2016, 04:22 PM
Here is the list from KS, and what I have in my collection:

Void Marauder - No
Lady Cassandra - No
Prospero, Sylvan Enchanter - Yes
Scrouge Knight - Yes (new name)
The Wrath of Zakiir - No
Spectral Oak - No
Orson's Dream - Yes
Spectral Assassin - No
The Crowd Roars! - No
Moment of Glory - No
Ninja Training - Yes
Princess Cory - Yes
Chest 'O Hex - No

Svidurr
01-27-2016, 04:33 PM
Any hope of an official response regarding the slated release date for Spectral Oak? Kudos on the team for getting the campaign out, but i must admit i was a bit disappointed that we have to continue to wait for the one card I was excited to use during the campaign itself...

fido_one
01-27-2016, 04:37 PM
Any hope of an official response regarding the slated release date for Spectral Oak? Kudos on the team for getting the campaign out, but i must admit i was a bit disappointed that we have to continue to wait for the one card I was excited to use during the campaign itself...

Yeah, in one of the updates (Cory I think?) they said it's a top priority and I think implied they were trying to get it on the next substantive patch.

Xavon
01-27-2016, 06:28 PM
Cassandra was the one I have been waiting for.

Elwinz
01-27-2016, 10:50 PM
sadly from what i have seen equips doesntr work for those card,s at least some of them

Mike411
01-28-2016, 12:20 AM
I'm surprised it wasn't in the patch notes or anything. They seem to make a front page post about collector cards, why not these? :p

ShadowRealm
01-28-2016, 01:39 AM
In the same category, the HEX Backers Rewards page indicates that the random Equipment are also in now, but it doesn't seem to be the case:

https://www.hextcg.com/hex-backer-rewards/

• 2 Random Legendary Equipment
• 20 Random Rare/Legendary Equipment

Can we have more info or an official reply

AstaSyneri
01-28-2016, 01:50 AM
I'm surprised it wasn't in the patch notes or anything. They seem to make a front page post about collector cards, why not these? :p

The longer the game is running - especially now that it is out of beta - the less numerous (relatively) the KS backers become. We are old news ;-).

Assassine
01-28-2016, 02:45 AM

I heard someone say it had to be pulled from this patch last minute, so good chance its coming in the next.

AstaSyneri
01-28-2016, 04:15 AM
I heard someone say it had to be pulled from this patch last minute, so good chance its coming in the next.

Along with the Oaks/Acorns I guess. It's okay, we'll get them as soon as possible.

nickon
01-28-2016, 04:31 AM
It's one of the great things of HEX in general; there's always stuff to look forward to!! :D

Pheelon
01-28-2016, 06:35 AM
In the same category, the HEX Backers Rewards page indicates that the random Equipment are also in now, but it doesn't seem to be the case:

hmm, yeah some kind of info what we got would be nice since the equipment list in stash or deckbuilder is kinda cluncky to check - especially if you allready have a couple hundred pieces...

Zurai
01-28-2016, 11:04 AM

Uh, didn't we get those back when the Arena released? I know I got a bunch of cruddy legendary equipment for free.

Daer
01-28-2016, 01:16 PM
Now I'm confused by what KS rewards we were supposed to get. Did we get the equipment for the 5 new KS PVE cards? My main account seemed to go up by roughly 30 equipment after the patch which would be about right if we got the 20+2 random equipment (I have no idea what I got, thank I guess). I assumed it was the KS PVE equipment instead. I just checked my 2 secondary accounts which had King Tiers attached to them and they received the KS PVE cards but not the equipment for them and they also never received the 2 random Legendary Equipment.

So what were we actually supposed to receive with the patch.

If we did receive the 20 random rare/legendary equipment is their any way to tell what we got?

DataDragon
01-28-2016, 01:45 PM
As soon as a card is coded and ready, we'll get them out to the KS backers.
This was the case for those collector's cards that went out.
The remaining cards just need to be finished first, no ETA yet.

As for the 20 random eq pieces, those didn't get pushed yet.
The reward system didn't have what was needed for it to go live, so that wasn't launched yet.
As soon as we have it, it will go out.

Svenn
01-28-2016, 01:47 PM
As for the 20 random eq pieces, those didn't get pushed yet.
The reward system didn't have what was needed for it to go live, so that wasn't launched yet.
As soon as we have it, it will go out.

You may want to update this: https://www.hextcg.com/hex-backer-rewards/

It says the random equipment has already been given out for each tier.

Daer
01-28-2016, 01:59 PM
Along with the 20 random pieces not going out I assume the 2 random pieces also did not go out?

DataDragon
01-28-2016, 02:16 PM
Along with the 20 random pieces not going out I assume the 2 random pieces also did not go out?

Correct.

meowstef
01-29-2016, 02:53 PM
I'm wondering why i seem to have twice as many Orson’s Dream, Scourge Knight (what ever the new name is),Ninja Training than Princess Cory, Prospero

Refugee
01-29-2016, 03:00 PM
I'm wondering why i seem to have twice as many Orson’s Dream, Scourge Knight (what ever the new name is),Ninja Training than Princess Cory, Prospero

At some point it was decided everyone who would get 1 would get 2 instead. (A long time ago during the kickstarter)

Ditsch
01-29-2016, 03:09 PM
Then why do i only have 2 orson's dream and 2 ninja training but also only 2 princess cory and 2 prospero shouldn't i have 4 orson's dream and 4 ninja training ?

Refugee
01-29-2016, 03:11 PM
Then why do i only have 2 orson's dream and 2 ninja training but also only 2 princess cory and 2 prospero shouldn't i have 4 orson's dream and 4 ninja training ?

Here is a listing of what different tiers should have:

DataDragon
01-29-2016, 05:58 PM
The Princess Cory and Prospero cards were actually given to you way back in the beginning of the kickstarter grants.
You had them all along, you just couldn't see them because they weren't active.
Newly created cards were granted with the PvE patch.
If you seem to be missing cards, put in a support ticket and we can track it down.

Ditsch
01-29-2016, 07:08 PM
Thank you DataDragon I think I don't miss something. I did a check ( https://www.hextcg.com/hex-backer-rewards/ ) now and it seems everything is okay only the Scourge Knight was missing but I think it got renamed and the new name is Darad, the Scourgeblade. So the PVE Kickstarter cards are exclusive and if i want a full set (4 of them instead of 2 from my pro player tier) then I need to buy them on the AH ?

DataDragon
01-29-2016, 07:44 PM
That is correct.

Bullus
01-29-2016, 10:24 PM
hey Datadragon, while ya answering questions on this topic, Is "the wrath of Zakiir" which is still to come, still planned to allow a player to turn their pve champion in a battle into a dragon, and if so are the buffs on the images of the cards still similar (ie champion having the protection of flight)

DataDragon
01-30-2016, 06:25 AM
The tech needed to support it is still being worked on, so it is still pending.

Bullus
01-30-2016, 07:52 AM
The tech needed to support it is still being worked on, so it is still pending.

thanks for honest answer, i figured changing a champion completely mid fight or even adding a buff like flight to a champ would pose some issues, fingers crossed you guys can work through it, was pretty much what tipped the scales for me to join the kickstarter

Fred
01-30-2016, 07:59 AM
thanks for honest answer, i figured changing a champion completely mid fight or even adding a buff like flight to a champ would pose some issues, fingers crossed you guys can work through it, was pretty much what tipped the scales for me to join the kickstarter

Don't we already have a card to change a champion mid-fight in Holy Ascension?

Xavon
01-30-2016, 12:29 PM
I think it is more likely the flight issue.

Dracatis
03-12-2016, 01:46 PM
So I understand the Spectral Lotus Garden becoming Spectral Oak, because squirrels born from nuts is pretty awesome and I'd love to make a squirrel deck eventually. I'm just curious when we'll actually get these. I realize it's going to have it's own special code for the daily spawning nuts so not as easy as making normal new cards but THIS is the reason I did King tier. I'd really appreciate it, thanks for your hard work.

Lafoote
03-12-2016, 03:16 PM
It's reasonable to expect all the KS Mercs with AZ2. Individual cards may or may not be included, but I would speculate that some or maybe all of them will make it this time.

Aradon
03-12-2016, 03:30 PM
I dunno. I expected all the KS cards with the Arena, and again with Campaign. Now, I'm anticipating one or two more each PvE patch, and the same slow process with mercs come AZ2.

Yoss
03-16-2016, 12:48 PM
We're also still waiting on the Ben Stoll article about why they nerfed the Tiger/Squirrel.

hex_colin
03-16-2016, 12:50 PM
We're also still waiting on the Ben Stoll article about why they nerfed the Tiger/Squirrel.

I have the TL; DR version. It was beyond broken, even for PVE. ;)

wolzarg
03-16-2016, 12:54 PM
Pish posh black lotus is fine why wouldn't that lotus be fine? :P
(hint black lotus is far from fine)

Zantetsuken
03-16-2016, 01:56 PM
Pish posh black lotus is fine why wouldn't that lotus be fine? :P
(hint black lotus is far from fine)

Oh but this wasn't a black lotus. It was black lotus that turned into a 3/1 lifedrain that also drew you a card to replace it.

Showsni
03-16-2016, 04:29 PM
Oh but this wasn't a black lotus. It was black lotus that turned into a 3/1 lifedrain that also drew you a card to replace it.

It was only Lifedrain with the equip.

fido_one
03-17-2016, 07:03 AM
I have the TL; DR version. It was beyond broken, even for PVE. ;)

Than I'd love to hear how they went through the decision process on changing a 'beyond broken' card that was billed as the premier chase during the KS.

I'm not complaining that it was nerfed, just want to hear how they approached changing it years after the KS when it was so pivotal in getting people to pledge. All of my tiers that I pledged had to do with that card. I was obsessed with it, it was the reason I went ape on pumping money into Hex.

It stings that years afterwards they change it pretty radically but give radio silence on the decision process (decision process on changing the mechanics, not title and art). Colin, you've claimed insider info on this and have been telling people that it's essentially nothing to get worked up about, but imagine those of us who when they thought of Hex thought of that very card which now seems like a throw away reward pledge rather than what they were hyping it up to be. We don't have that access to Hex employees to ask the question and get the answer, and so many months after the fact I think we've been left hanging a little bit. I wouldn't expect you to feel that way because you had an in person discussion with someone about it. Again, I'm not complaining because it was nerfed, but because it was changed so much and nothing was said about it.

I think what aggravated the issue is that the changes were announced in an article that explicitly stated they were not going to talk about the changes at all. We had to fumble around in the dark on the forum as to the whats and whys on the mechanic changes until Colin came in and said an article was being authored on the matter in response to the debate, which is a really odd way to announce 'more info coming' to a fan base that considers this card to be an essential part of what Hex was billed to be.

Showsni
03-17-2016, 07:20 AM
Than I'd love to hear how they went through the decision process on changing a 'beyond broken' card that was billed as the premier chase during the KS.

I'm not complaining that it was nerfed, just want to hear how they approached changing it years after the KS when it was so pivotal in getting people to pledge. All of my tiers that I pledged had to do with that card. I was obsessed with it, it was the reason I went ape on pumping money into Hex.

It stings that years afterwards they change it pretty radically but give radio silence on the decision process (decision process on changing the mechanics, not title and art). Colin, you've claimed insider info on this and have been telling people that it's essentially nothing to get worked up about, but imagine those of us who when they thought of Hex thought of that very card which now seems like a throw away reward pledge rather than what they were hyping it up to be. Again, I'm not complaining because it was nerfed, but because it was changed so much and nothing was said about it.

It wasn't that drastic of a change, was it? The Lotus/Acorn still does the same thing (it's a cantripping Black Lotus that also makes a troop in hand). The Tiger/Squirrel has one point less attack, and gives you a random card instead of drawing a card. Yes, it's a nerf; but dropping one point of attack and changing the random card you get to be from a wider pool that just your deck isn't quite as massive a change as you make out. Let's be fair, the main point of the Lotus/Acorn is to get the mana and spend it on other things, not the Tiger/Squirrel it turns into.

fido_one
03-17-2016, 07:35 AM
It wasn't that drastic of a change, was it?

I believe it to be a drastic change. Beyond that, in context of responding to Colin I think the word 'radical change' applies. He's led the charge that the original card was waaay OP, beyond broken, etc. Getting it back to 'works in PvE' does imply that the change from ludicrous to 'works' fits in response to his points (and my belief) I think. Personally, I'm no longer nearly as excited about the card as I used to be, which is a pretty radical change as my view on the card up until the announcement was still the card I thought about when I thought about Hex. That is no longer the case, but that's totally okay! It happens. The game is still better than I imagined.

No disrespect, at all, to Colin, he's one of the best members of the community we have. I'm just a bit peeved he's swinging away at defending the issue in the threads, it puts him in a bad position and I wonder why HexEnt hasn't come in to say something about it. Especially if they are writing an article on the issue. It undermines the insider info he has every right to attain given his role in the community, his status, and his personality.

hex_colin
03-17-2016, 08:05 AM
I believe it to be a drastic change. Beyond that, in context of responding to Colin I think the word 'radical change' applies. He's led the charge that the original card was waaay OP, beyond broken, etc. Getting it back to 'works in PvE' does imply that the change from ludicrous to 'works' fits in response to his points (and my belief) I think. Personally, I'm no longer nearly as excited about the card as I used to be, which is a pretty radical change as my view on the card up until the announcement was still the card I thought about when I thought about Hex. That is no longer the case, but that's totally okay! It happens. The game is still better than I imagined.

No disrespect, at all, to Colin, he's one of the best members of the community we have. I'm just a bit peeved he's swinging away at defending the issue in the threads, it puts him in a bad position and I wonder why HexEnt hasn't come in to say something about it. Especially if they are writing an article on the issue. It undermines the insider info he has every right to attain given his role in the community, his status, and his personality.

To be clear - I'm neither defending nor criticizing the change, just stating the obvious fact that the original design was completely broken. The fact that people were so looking forward to having it, as well as their subsequent reactions to the announced changes just validates that assessment.

Crota
03-17-2016, 08:13 AM
I personally like the change to acorn for one reason:

The change allows Hex to further show how it is a digital card game rather than your traditional tabletop TCG.

The Acorn will be popular and powerful for quite sometime and may become one of the staple cards for the entire life of Hex. A card like this should showcase how this game is different and generate discussions for those knew to the digital card realm.

When I showed the original to potential players that all said "Wow that's really strong!" when I showed the acorn to new players they asked "Wait, how does that work?" which is what you want the acorn to do.

Yes, the acorn is weaker than its counterpart but it also generates more discussion when I talk to others about it. I myself would rather have more players with the acorn than a stronger version and no one to play with/against.

Gwaer
03-17-2016, 08:26 AM
I understand your sentiments Fido, I went very hard on lotus gardens as well. I think it's a huge blow, too. Just since I was so obsessed with that card. But it is what it is. Unfortunately there was a settlement rather than a victory that allowed them to keep things as they wanted, can't go back now. About this single issue, there's no sense in complaining, since they literally legally can't go back to what we wanted =P And wouldn't go back mechanically anyway since they feel that it was detrimental to the game. That last part is something I can get behind though, if any kickstarter thing is getting in the way of making the best possible game they should change it. The future of the game as a whole is way more important than a kickstarter promise.

TOOT
03-17-2016, 08:31 AM
What's even worse than the nerf is the fact it hasn't been dropped into accounts yet. I'm aware it was one of the last things to just miss the AZ1 patch, but to still not have it is real frustrating. A lot of people backed more than they had planned solely to obtain one.

I really hope this will be hotfixed in way before AZ2 is released, even with the set 4 patch would be nice. Another 4-6 months without it will suck.

nicosharp
03-17-2016, 08:36 AM
I much rather bust my nuts, than demolish my daisy.

fido_one
03-17-2016, 08:39 AM
That last part is something I can get behind though, if any kickstarter thing is getting in the way of making the best possible game they should change it. The future of the game as a whole is way more important than a kickstarter promise.

I agree with everything you said and I don't have an issue with the nerf due to the same reasons you state here (and definitely not the name / art change, I prefer those!) I just have an issue that the mechanics were changed with a message of 'we're not talking about it' and Colin had to swing in and say 'they will post an article describing their decision process on the mechanical change.' ...and that we still haven't heard officially from HexEnt on the matter months afterwards. Just about any other card in the Hex world having radio silence on a change would be understandable, peeps are super busy over there. For this card though I don't think it crazy for us to hear about the thought they put into the mechanical changes and why as it initially sold the game for many of us.

...or even a message of 'we can't talk about anything about this card, even the mechanical changes, due to the settlement.' <- but hearing that there was an article being made, I'm assuming that isn't the case. It's essentially the age old complaint of communication in certain areas coming from HexEnt.

On the other hand, in my arguments I'm making mountains out of molehills. Everyone has good points here and I've beaten mine to death, so I'll stop whining on the matter.

hex_colin
03-17-2016, 08:45 AM
I agree with everything you said and I don't have an issue with the nerf due to the same reasons you state here (and definitely not the name / art change, I prefer those!) I just have an issue that the mechanics were changed with a message of 'we're not talking about it' and Colin had to swing in and say 'they will post an article describing their decision process on the mechanical change.' ...and that we still haven't heard officially from HexEnt on the matter months afterwards. Just about any other card in the Hex world having radio silence on a change would be understandable, peeps are super busy over there. For this card though I don't think it crazy for us to hear about the thought they put into the mechanical changes and why as it initially sold the game for many of us.

...or even a message of 'we can't talk about anything about this card, even the mechanical changes, due to the settlement.' <- but hearing that there was an article being made, I'm assuming that isn't the case. It's essentially the age old complaint of communication in certain areas coming from HexEnt.

On the other hand, in my arguments I'm making mountains out of molehills. Everyone has good points here and I've beaten mine to death, so I'll stop whining on the matter.

Cory addressed it in the 2TA podcast. It's been technically challenging and so it's not 100% through development. Things change because of power level, but they sometimes also have to change because of the tech. If there's any chance it changes again, I can completely understand why they're not giving us the definitive article on why they changed things up. When it's ready to be delivered, I'm sure we'll hear a lot about it.

fido_one
03-17-2016, 08:47 AM
Back to a different angle of the OP, anyone have any idea on when the Blood Dragon deck will come about? This is the sort of thing I don't think we need HexEnt's direct commentary on (though I'll definitely take it if we can get it). I know foils were holding it up for a long while... And did HexEnt ever weigh in if that starter deck is going to be set 1 only or encompass more now that it is coming a wee bit later than expected?

fido_one
03-17-2016, 08:48 AM
Cory addressed it in the 2TA podcast. It's been technically challenging and so it's not 100% through development. Things change because of power level, but they sometimes also have to change because of the tech. If there's any chance it changes again, I can completely understand why they're not giving us the definitive article on why they changed things up. When it's ready to be delivered, I'm sure we'll hear a lot about it.

Ah! I only got through half of the podcast before my roof started leaking in my house and I flipped the fuck out. Thanks, I'll make it a priority to finish it up.

Aradon
03-17-2016, 08:51 AM
I think it's still being held up on Foil technology. I'm guessing they still want foils to be tied to doublebacks, which are still a low priority for them and proving a lot more effort than they wanted to devote to it. Whether they're updating the deck at all, I don't really know.
Honestly, it's a shame that they ever promised foil Uruunaz, since it's such a minor note and the window for impact for having a cool precon's pretty much gone for all Kickstarters. How many people are even going to play with it now, as opposed to when we first got our accounts? It's a little disappointing.

hex_colin
03-17-2016, 08:55 AM
Back to a different angle of the OP, anyone have any idea on when the Blood Dragon deck will come about? This is the sort of thing I don't think we need HexEnt's direct commentary on (though I'll definitely take it if we can get it). I know foils were holding it up for a long while... And did HexEnt ever weigh in if that starter deck is going to be set 1 only or encompass more now that it is coming a wee bit later than expected?

<redacted> <redacted> pleasantly surprised <redacted> sooner than you might think <redacted> ;)

More seriously, I won't say anything about the timing. But a lot of work has gone into this and I think folks will be happy with the outcome. :) I'm excited by what I know about it.

Khendral
03-17-2016, 09:01 AM
Hex_Colin, hyper extraordinaire.

fido_one
03-17-2016, 09:09 AM
I think it's still being held up on Foil technology. I'm guessing they still want foils to be tied to doublebacks, which are still a low priority for them and proving a lot more effort than they wanted to devote to it. Whether they're updating the deck at all, I don't really know.
Honestly, it's a shame that they ever promised foil Uruunaz, since it's such a minor note and the window for impact for having a cool precon's pretty much gone for all Kickstarters. How many people are even going to play with it now, as opposed to when we first got our accounts? It's a little disappointing.

Psyched about Colin's input. I suspect the foil stuff is coming shortly simply because of the foil-ish-ness look of cards in the card manager when they are tagged as 'new' in your collection (which I friggin' love).

EDIT: misspoke, didn't mean foils were coming shortly, meant they seem to have figured out how to make cards look foil-ery, but it still could be held up if tied to double-backs.

Showsni
03-17-2016, 04:17 PM
Ha, people certainly like their foils. Look at Pokémon TCG Online. Compare the amount of packs you can get in trade for a foil DCE as opposed to a regular one. And they barely look any different in the client!

(To be precise; regular HGSS DCE would be less than 8 packs. Reverse holo HGSS DCE is apparently worth 250-300 packs. Here's a comparison pic:
http://i.imgur.com/UY7XOof.jpg)

wolzarg
03-17-2016, 04:22 PM
The difference being in those games foil is a status symbol because its exceedingly rare to get the right card in foil.