PDA

View Full Version : Full list of Shard Alignment?

Laggi
01-28-2016, 01:59 AM
Has anyone made a full list of the (race specific?) shard alignments?

Are they dependent on the race only, or does race-class combination matter as well?

Would like to know the shards, since it's rather troublesome to make every character and clear the first zone in order to check the alignment. Would be a pretty nice addition to the character creator, honestly.

wolzarg
01-28-2016, 06:53 AM
I have to agree i would like to see this when creating.

Fyren
01-28-2016, 04:12 PM

Are they dependent on the race only, or does race-class combination matter as well?

Would like to know the shards, since it's rather troublesome to make every character and clear the first zone in order to check the alignment. Would be a pretty nice addition to the character creator, honestly.

Humans: Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire
Orcs: Blood, Ruby
Coyotle: Diamond, Sapphire, Wild
Elves: Ruby, Wild

Necrotic: All (sort of; they do not have any Wild cards I'm aware of, but have some abilities dependent on how many different thresholds you have, or on having all 5)
Dwarves: Ruby, Sapphire
Shin'hare: Blood, Wild
Vennen: Blood, Sapphire

Class doesn't directly change this, as racial starter decks are the same for each class, but some class-race combos lend themselves better to certain colors. For example, a Shin'hare Cleric's hopper generation ability lends itself to Wild-type Shin'hare bunny spam, and I believe all known (certainly all PVP) Shin'hare cleric troop cards are Wild.

Turtlewing
01-28-2016, 04:18 PM
The shard grid should definitely be visible in character creation.

I'd argue it's a bigger impact on your early gameplay style than many of the racial traits (especially the +XP ones).

strawwmann
02-09-2016, 07:53 AM

MrSeriousBsns did a great job documenting all of this, and more, for each race class combination, including the deck restrictions by shard * rarity for each level of each race:
Champion Creation Reference Guide (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vIv6goNgypbf-mcLwwIgn7oTrjXLtZal75LsejD0Z34/edit)

Vorpal
02-09-2016, 08:29 AM
The shard grid should definitely be visible in character creation.

I'd argue it's a bigger impact on your early gameplay style than many of the racial traits (especially the +XP ones).

Yep. I think it's the single biggest impact on your playstyle early on.