PDA

View Full Version : Nerf Kilipede Please

WolfCrypt
01-28-2016, 03:46 AM
.....The First Kilipede is op as hell I'm having panic attacks over this damn dude... Sure make it hard but an instant kill rush deck vs Prophecy isn't going to do very good... Most my cards are shin'hare or Coyotles and those are my fave races so I have been playing coyotle exculsivly for the moment but this first Kilipede is invincible... Sure I been rage quiting but same thing as him killing me... He has "All your guys have -1/-1" "Charge power 3: Lose half your hp rounding down." And nothing but Larvea and Killipedes all with Lethal and "If this hits you twice game over." Sure having difficult fights is fine I don't want to rush the content.. I really enjoy taking my time and tough battles can be fun but this... Is ridicolous... Either that or I really really REALLY SUCK AT THIS GAME

GreyWorm
01-28-2016, 04:06 AM
Kilipide is one of the easiest encounters if you have armor 1.
Also, just build a smart deck. No troops with 1 defense. Put troops with swiftstrick. It is very much possible.
You can always get your future read for a buff.

WolfCrypt
01-28-2016, 04:08 AM
I'm a Coyotle Mage here so I use Wil and Diamond and have no armor

Xenavire
01-28-2016, 04:45 AM
This is definitely doable, but it can be rather difficult. The good news is that you don't absolutely have to beat it to do everything else, and you can always grind dungeons to get better stuff.

Lafoote
01-28-2016, 05:11 AM
Let's not go calling for nerfs on day 1 or 2. Some encounters will be difficult without a focused deck. Some encounters will be difficult even with a focused deck. As you advance, your power level should grow and difficult encounters should become less daunting. If an encounter is still brutal at the level cap with a well tuned and equipped deck, then maybe calls for nerf won't be out of line.

Estar1
01-28-2016, 05:38 AM
Much like the pirhanas these encounters are a puzzle to think about and will require to think of how to beat it, I hope we get plenty more encounters like this in the next adventure pack.

As previosuly Said Armor, and swiftstirke do wonders, Also things like Conquest of Romor or Sorrow with permanent equipment will detooth all of his creatures (kills the 2/1s and a 0/4 killipede doesnt do anything). I found the pirhana fight to be harder.

Maylick
01-28-2016, 05:38 AM
Get PvE diamond spell for Armor. Cost 5. Till 5 resources just throw some bodies to Killepede (Shard ward and Blinding Light works aswell)

WolfCrypt
01-28-2016, 01:31 PM
There's an armor spell?

Maylick
01-28-2016, 02:43 PM
There's an armor spell?

Sometimes it looks like you are typing in every topic just to get your post count to the skies.
http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/cards/color=D&type=Basic+Action&cost=5

Bulwark of Faith
5 DD
Basic Action
Troops you control get +1 /+1 and "Your champion has Armor 1."

Aradon
01-28-2016, 02:46 PM
Don't overlook Vine Trap with its equipment. It gives troops -2/0 when it blocks, and is in wild. It's very good against all the Killipede fights.

Tarquin
01-28-2016, 02:49 PM
Don't overlook Vine Trap with its equipment. It gives troops -2/0 when it blocks, and is in wild. It's very good against all the Killipede fights.

Thank you, this is great

Veetor
01-28-2016, 02:57 PM
Also could we please wait a few months, weeks, days (hours even?) before we start the nerf this and nerf that threads. If it's all too easy we will quickly be bored with the content. Believe a little in the developers of the game. They will adjust as they see fit when they see the completion rates.

Try different tactics. Ask other people how they beat it. Think, evolve, change. Don't expect to get everything handed to you. That's not how life works, and happily not how this game works either ;) I suppose if you just want trophies given to you join a T-ball league or something :p

ghulzen
01-28-2016, 03:26 PM
Also could we please wait a few months, weeks, days (hours even?) before we start the nerf this and nerf that threads. If it's all too easy we will quickly be bored with the content. Believe a little in the developers of the game. They will adjust as they see fit when they see the completion rates.

Try different tactics. Ask other people how they beat it. Think, evolve, change. Don't expect to get everything handed to you. That's not how life works, and happily not how this game works either ;) I suppose if you just want trophies given to you join a T-ball league or something :p

It kills me that people have waited years and years for PVE and now are unhappy they can't finish it all in a few days.

poizonous
01-28-2016, 03:32 PM
Technically I would have beaten it all in roughly 7 hours without the server lag(And yes I did this with just the coyotle starter and reward cards, got lucky with my first 2 dungeon packs giving me great cards) but I enjoyed it more than I originally thought I would, and it is very replayable so making new characters wont seem too exhausting of time

Saeijou
01-28-2016, 03:41 PM
gnihihihi :D

the first "please nerf" thread... i love it :)

bofedy
01-28-2016, 03:54 PM
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=47416 my thoughts

MatWith1T
01-28-2016, 05:33 PM
Just wait til you have to fight him the 2nd time :)

RCDv57
01-28-2016, 05:33 PM
.....The First Kilipede is op as hell I'm having panic attacks over this damn dude... Sure make it hard but an instant kill rush deck vs Prophecy isn't going to do very good... Most my cards are shin'hare or Coyotles and those are my fave races so I have been playing coyotle exculsivly for the moment but this first Kilipede is invincible... Sure I been rage quiting but same thing as him killing me... He has "All your guys have -1/-1" "Charge power 3: Lose half your hp rounding down." And nothing but Larvea and Killipedes all with Lethal and "If this hits you twice game over." Sure having difficult fights is fine I don't want to rush the content.. I really enjoy taking my time and tough battles can be fun but this... Is ridicolous... Either that or I really really REALLY SUCK AT THIS GAME

Hex is a game about adapting to your opponents.
This means that you are going to have to build decks as a counter for most of the "Boss" fights.
You can't really just expect to build a single deck and be able to beat EVERYTHING.

I hope this helps you with not only this tricky fight but the many many other tough fights down the road.
Good luck!

Hrinkell
01-29-2016, 01:55 AM
Beat Killipede at the very first time with a single Adaptatron... I don't see the challenge, honestly.
Wurms encounter is much more difficult and fun!

Evilgm
01-29-2016, 03:08 AM
Beat Killipede at the very first time with a single Adaptatron... I don't see the challenge, honestly.
Wurms encounter is much more difficult and fun!

Good for you. Your insight of "I got lucky so it's easy" is a lot of help to people stuck on the fight, and of great value to the community as a whole.

WolfCrypt, I think it's important to have tough fights in the campaign, especially as we only have a relatively small amount of content at the moment- knowing the Killipede is sitting there waiting for you can give you some motivation to come up with a plan that wouldn't work anywhere else and try find the cards that fill that plan, either as drops or in the AH.

WolfCrypt
01-29-2016, 03:52 AM
Good for you. Your insight of "I got lucky so it's easy" is a lot of help to people stuck on the fight, and of great value to the community as a whole.

WolfCrypt, I think it's important to have tough fights in the campaign, especially as we only have a relatively small amount of content at the moment- knowing the Killipede is sitting there waiting for you can give you some motivation to come up with a plan that wouldn't work anywhere else and try find the cards that fill that plan, either as drops or in the AH.

It's a good idea. I tried a removal deck but I don't have enough monsters to survive when I run out of resources to remove his monsters.. And this fight aggrivating me topoint I can't think straight nomatter how much time I take to calm myself... I heard Vine Trap is useful but no one is selling it. Gold kinda not worth much due to being in campaign and no one selling them for gold...

Xenavire
01-29-2016, 04:08 AM
It's a good idea. I tried a removal deck but I don't have enough monsters to survive when I run out of resources to remove his monsters.. And this fight aggrivating me topoint I can't think straight nomatter how much time I take to calm myself... I heard Vine Trap is useful but no one is selling it. Gold kinda not worth much due to being in campaign and no one selling them for gold...

Wolf, you should have several of the troop already, so I'll see about sending you a copy of the equip, if I have duplicates. Posting from my phone for now, so give me roughly an hour and I will see what I can do. :)

Xzaron
01-29-2016, 07:19 AM
For wild adaptron and vine trap with equip almost trivialize this encounter. Sure you might have to get these cards first but with the ai still fairly bad the killipeade wont swing into a buffed adaptron. While i do have a decent collection i just put a bunch of fodder in with 3 vine traps and the 1 adaptron i had and beat it second try. put some any flight in there eat the first killipeade hit if you have to and its really not bad with wild.

Let me know if you need traps or equip wolf as i have extra of both.
ign: BloodVale

Vorpal
01-29-2016, 07:31 AM
I don't think any adventure map encounters need nerfing as you can fine tune your deck *specifically* for them.

It's good to have challenges. Just warn new players that these particular nodes are really challenging and to come back later.

Svenn
01-29-2016, 07:45 AM
Finally got a chance to play last night without the lag so I got to Killipede. Difficult encounter, but definitely beatable. I want more of this difficulty level. ;)

It's good to have challenges. Just warn new players that these particular nodes are really challenging and to come back later.

Perhaps the UI for each location should have a Difficulty Rating listed (1-10 stars or something)? That way if a player sees some super challenging encounter they know they aren't expected to roll in and beat it first try or something.

Xenavire
01-29-2016, 08:44 AM
I just wonder how you would rate them? Some encounters are puzzles, and are fairly simple once you crack them, while others may be a cakewalk at the level cap but would rank at 9/10 right now, and others might be hard with a certain class or race.

Not to mention mercs, etc... Not sure how you could do it effectively, but possibly giving a 'hint' panel that is hidden at first, and has a few notes there (relative difficulty, recommended level, maybe hints about what mechanics it uses, etc.) That way a new player has a minor crutch, while experienced players can avoid the ones they can't handle yet.

PureVapes
01-29-2016, 11:52 AM
Heh, I saw this thread title and thought it was about the card. I haven't used it but heard the AI is no good at dealing with it.

I have to say, kudos for making different races/classes have to deal so differently with each encounter. Killipede was no problem as Vennen Mage since their cheapest 'spell power' gives a troop -1 ATK (and I also have Ninja Training).

I just wonder how you would rate them? Some encounters are puzzles, and are fairly simple once you crack them, while others may be a cakewalk at the level cap but would rank at 9/10 right now, and others might be hard with a certain class or race.

Not to mention mercs, etc... Not sure how you could do it effectively, but possibly giving a 'hint' panel that is hidden at first, and has a few notes there (relative difficulty, recommended level, maybe hints about what mechanics it uses, etc.) That way a new player has a minor crutch, while experienced players can avoid the ones they can't handle yet.

Star rating would work fine... if you haven't seen anything with a difficulty star, 1 star seems challenging even if the scale actually goes up to 10.

Xenavire
01-29-2016, 01:00 PM
Heh, I saw this thread title and thought it was about the card. I haven't used it but heard the AI is no good at dealing with it.

I have to say, kudos for making different races/classes have to deal so differently with each encounter. Killipede was no problem as Vennen Mage since their cheapest 'spell power' gives a troop -1 ATK (and I also have Ninja Training).

Star rating would work fine... if you haven't seen anything with a difficulty star, 1 star seems challenging even if the scale actually goes up to 10.

Not everything is equal for all races/builds, at best the stars would be vague (maybe the official rating for the Wormoid Queen might be 5/10, but the community may rate it at 8/10, etc.)

I feel a rating system would be ok with a sort of elaboration, like 'tougher for aggro' as a notation, that sort of thing.

Ertzi
01-29-2016, 01:22 PM
I went through the first Killipede on the first try. I wish I still remembered what the deck was. I have changed it so many times now to keep things fresh. The second one took me 7 attempts though. I always bash my head against a node 10 times at first with the current deck to minimize luck and other variations, and to make sure the deck is really not up to the task. I was already making notes about possible changes after the fifth try though :)

But this is exactly the entertaining part about this sort of game. I really enjoy coming up with new strategies and synergies for different encounters. The only frustrating part is that we can't save any decks in the campaign. It really gets annoying after a while that you have to build a deck from scratch every time you want to get ready for a single node and change it all back. But this has been mentioned already by others.

The wurm encounter was a lot more difficult for me. I tried those a billion times, and only my third build was adequate enough for the job. Still no way near perfect, but I enjoy finding the best deck for it eventually.

Think of it this way: Because this is a card game, you know that you will eventually beat everything. You just need to collect the right cards and figure out the right deck. In a normal MMO, you might never be skillful enough to do some raids. I find this very comforting, and this is the reason I am never too annoyed when I get my ass handed to me. You will get there in time.

Happy hunting! :)

MaximumSquid
01-29-2016, 01:44 PM
Shamed Gladiator /w Shoes of Disgrace
and. . .
Darkspire Priestess /w Darkspire longblade was all I needed to win

Strategy:
He kills I draw a new card immediately and eventually push through with Bloodsoaked Brawler when he goes defensive

Steelio
01-29-2016, 01:55 PM
Meeks, prides falls, repels, inner conflicts with equip, dudes to chump and some evasion should do it.

drui
01-30-2016, 11:48 PM
well - designing decks for these specific encounters would be more FUN, if we had MORE DECKSLOTS... I hate dispanding my adventure deck just to tweak the specific deck for one encounter over and over and over. It is so frustrating :(

also it would be less annoying, if "dont show again" in collection manager means it would not pop up over and over again. If i punch through my monitor, will hex cover the cost? :D

Zantetsuken
01-31-2016, 12:01 AM
Meeks, prides falls, repels, inner conflicts with equip, dudes to chump and some evasion should do it.

Yep.

Ozawa, you can easily build a mono Diamond deck to wipe the floor with this guy. Diamond has everything you need including Swiftstrikes and damage prevention. Leave the wild at home.

Steelio
01-31-2016, 12:59 AM
Mutates are also an MVP card in this encounter, along with other super soft removal [fish hands and throwback.]

Yep.

Ozawa, you can easily build a mono Diamond deck to wipe the floor with this guy. Diamond has everything you need including Swiftstrikes and damage prevention. Leave the wild at home.

whiteyzz
01-31-2016, 02:00 AM
I've one hundred percent the game with ease to be honest as Necrotic which is by far hands down the worst race so far. This isn't really to gloat but those fights I do the fight and lose... then think okay, what do I have in my tool box to deal with this fight.

To be honest I love that, most PVE in card games is... use the best competitive deck and win. But even if I where to run competitive decks in PVE with 4 x Cards some of the encounters would be easy... but none of them would be 100% possible.

If creatures are a problem, run more kill spells that deal with the threat.

The dungeon focuses on poking your creatures... pick bulky creatures.

Sand wurms want you to play rather conservatively playing a few cards and see how everything plays out til the shit hit's the fan.

EvilCanadian
01-31-2016, 03:00 AM
Killapeed is one of the prime examples of having to adapt to your situation. I had to remove and swap nearly twenty cards just to beat him but one you customize yourself into the paper to his rock, its a whole lot easier

Elwinz
01-31-2016, 03:37 AM
as for wild answers to Killipedes, lullaby and vine traps are your freinds

Fred
01-31-2016, 01:04 PM
My strategy for Killipede was pretty simple. Turn 4 Countermagic, gives all of his Killipedes a cost of 6. Then turn 6 Countermagic again. From that point, the AI had trouble playing 8-cost Killipedes.