PDA

View Full Version : An Ardor Day Plea

ThomasHunter
01-28-2016, 07:12 AM
This is just a quick observation/plea/question from a casual player on the Arbor Day Event.

I have played a bit, in the campaign, but haven't invested heavily (yet) due to lag issues. I have only 1 character so far and have leveled to to level 2 and haven't even reached the first dungeon yet. I am also taking the Cory Challenge here so this deck/toon is pretty low powered.

And that brings me to my inquiry and fear. Since the PVE Arbor Day stuff is only available in a (completed?) dungeon, how many folks won't be that far in one week? Please consider opening up the Arena one last time until we have some maturity for the PVE experience for most folks. Ideally, we can bring a max level toon into a dungeon and farm for what we want. I'm guessing most folks simply aren't close to being able to do that.

Note that in the long haul, I believe this is correct. Shoot, when it was announced, I thought it made sense. It's only after my initial experience and knowing how far I'll be in the next few days that I considered this. Maybe I am a minority here which negates this whole plea as well. :p

No, this isn't meant to be offensive or disrespectful on any decisions. I love this game and continue to play it more and more. As a DC backer, I am heavily invested for said long haul!

Happy gaming,
Taleisin

Salverus
01-28-2016, 07:30 AM
if you play for like 1 hour (even less if you skip all dialogue) you can already reach the first dungeon and from what i can tell you can just do it over and over for the arbor day.
So basically by releasing PvE a week before Arbor day, you can use this week to reach the dungeon. Also you dont have to have completed the dungeon before, as you can just complete it during Arbor day for the first time to get a reward immediately.

nickon
01-28-2016, 07:37 AM
Sounds reasonable to me, as due to all the downtime during my available playing hours, I haven't sonken a minute of PvE play in yet...

One additional question: don't you normally start the campaign with a underworld / ardent dungeon (as a tutorial)? Does this also grant ardor day rewards?

judas42
01-28-2016, 07:41 AM
We (or at least I) don't know if the tutorial dungeon counts as dungeon for the event. AND: The event lasts for two weeks, so there should be plenty of time for that. If not, the PvE stuff should be pretty cheap on the auction house.

Svenn
01-28-2016, 07:44 AM
Sounds reasonable to me, as due to all the downtime during my available playing hours, I haven't sonken a minute of PvE play in yet...

One additional question: don't you normally start the campaign with a underworld / ardent dungeon (as a tutorial)? Does this also grant ardor day rewards?

It definitely counts as a dungeon in general (and Ben referred to it as one of the dungeons in his write-up). I completed the tutorial on my Elf Mage and his 25% chance to earn a Stardust proced from it (Legendary Stardust, no less!). I would imagine that, worst case, you could just make new characters and run the tutorial.

Still, it's several days away still and runs for like 2 weeks. That's plenty of time to get to/beat some dungeons.

Salverus
01-28-2016, 08:14 AM
also now that the cool and exciting campaign is here, why would you want to go back to the arena ?

Xenavire
01-28-2016, 08:17 AM
also now that the cool and exciting campaign is here, why would you want to go back to the arena ?

Guaranteed loot in a time where progression in campaign is a mixture of luck, skill, and server latency.

It isn't a totally unreasonable request, in all respects, but I do think that 2 weeks should be enough, assuming the servers are stable in time (and if they aren't, I'd expect an extension.)

ThomasHunter
01-28-2016, 08:25 AM

I still like the Arena and now see where it fits in the grand (Hex) scheme of things! I can bring any wacky deck into the Arena and run the gauntlet. I keep track of all of my various decks and their records and how many times each deck gets upgraded. It's still compelling game play to me!

Now the PVE experience is also compelling, but in a new way. I'll be giving it plenty of attention.

Maybe it is a "wait and see" attitude. I am just mildly concerned about it. :)