PDA

View Full Version : TCG Browser Talent Hunt

bogycoins
01-28-2016, 07:14 AM
Hi

First of all, the talent calculator is now complete, all talents and racials are included. You can find it at http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/talents.

Talent Hunt
In order to properly celebrate the release of this tool I prepared a "Talent Hunt" mini-game, where you can earn Armies of Myth booster packs.

How does it work?
There are a number of talent builds which are associated with a pack code. Find the correct build and receive the code (redeemable in the game store) linked to it. All builds are maxed out (8 talent points spent). Also, once a code was found, it will be removed and will no longer be available.

As always, feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Good luck and happy hunting!

ossuary
01-28-2016, 07:39 AM
Coyotles have a racial ability of +1 talent point. They should be able to spend 9 total points in the calculator instead of 8. Otherwise, this looks amazing, as always! :)

rstrbn
01-28-2016, 10:10 AM
The only trees that do anything for me are the Human Cleric/Mage and Dwarf Cleric/Mage...

Edit - Weird, it all works now. Thanks for the talent calculator :)

Salverus
01-28-2016, 02:50 PM
this is very helpful, thank you very much.
Maybe you can also add the deck restrictions somehow (or at least the two baic colors you can use, since it is not always obvious to me).

wolzarg
01-28-2016, 03:46 PM
Thanks for your hard work i love it!

bogycoins
01-28-2016, 05:02 PM
I'm glad you like it, I love working on this stuff. I think I spend more time coding than playing..lol

Regarding the coyotle racial, I forgot to add the modifier for it. It is fixed and will be up on the next update. Don't want to mess with the hunt atm. And about deck restriction, I'll think about it, need to find a proper place for it.

theyeti101
01-28-2016, 05:53 PM
This is pretty awesome, thanks for putting this together!

Stormlight
01-28-2016, 08:23 PM
And about deck restriction, I'll think about it, need to find a proper place for it.

It may beyond the scope of what you want to do, but I'd love to be able to tell it what level hero I want to build/plan and have it give me the correct number of talent points as well as giving the deck restrictions for that level.

Oh, and it'd be nice if you could click on a talent to un-pick it as well, instead of having to reset everything (the way you can un-pick in the game before you save your changes).

That said, it's very well done and helpful. =)

pjvedder
01-28-2016, 10:08 PM
Oh, and it'd be nice if you could click on a talent to un-pick it as well, instead of having to reset everything (the way you can un-pick in the game before you save your changes).

If you right click a selected talent, it will un-pick it.

BlueRider
01-29-2016, 01:55 AM
There are some incorrect costs on the Cleric talents. Blessing of the Immortals, Healing Aura, and The Righteous Path cost 2 each, and Aura Aspect: Good Karma costs 1.

strawwmann
01-29-2016, 07:48 AM
Thanks, this is very useful.

The only trees that do anything for me are the Human Cleric/Mage and Dwarf Cleric/Mage...
If you logged into the previous version & can't see all the options (I had the same problem briefly), then do a hard refresh in your browser.

Idus
01-29-2016, 12:30 PM
Thanks, great tool. Only issue on my iPad is I can't uncheck a talent once checked. I have to reset the whole tree and start again.

Also, I found one of the codes and didn't even know the treasurehunt existed, woohoo!

bogycoins
02-02-2016, 02:37 AM
There are still some codes left. They seem to be really evasive, so I'll let you know which races are still available, to ease the hunt a little bit. These are Coyotle, Orc, Dwarf and Vennen.

@BlueRider
I fixed them internally, I'll update on live after the hunt is over.

@Idus
I don't have an iPad, but on my Android, holding the finger a bit longer is de-selecting the talent. It might work the same on iPad/iPhone.

I also want to mention that all PVE cards and equipment are now in the database, including their drop location. Please let me know if you find some wrong info, I updated them based on my experience through campaign and pieces of info I found on forums or other sites like hexprimal.com

jojobusta
02-02-2016, 04:05 PM
Spectral Caller obtained from lvl6 Army of Myth, so it should be labelled as encounter reward and not pack one.

wolzarg
02-02-2016, 05:03 PM
Blessing of immortals should cost 2
i think the righteous path should cost 2 as well

both in the cleric tree

bwarner
02-03-2016, 06:16 AM
I found a dwarf code, thanks for the hunt and the utility!

ShadowRealm
02-03-2016, 08:09 AM
Still no code for me, but I found a missing effect on the Warrior talent: it should also say "Battle deals 1 more damage" (can't log in right now but I'm pretty sure yesterday when I took it with my Orc Warrior, it was here).

Chinane
02-05-2016, 04:16 AM
Any codes left? Cos it feels like poking blindly ;)

Maybe you should just end the hunt and fix those talent costs?

bogycoins
02-05-2016, 07:55 AM
The talent costs are fixed and also the Coyotle racial correctly increase the available points to 9.

And yes, there are still 4 codes left. Dwarf is gone, so Coyotle, Orcs and Vennen are left. Here's another hint: COOV CMWC

Idus
02-05-2016, 01:43 PM
@Idus
I don't have an iPad, but on my Android, holding the finger a bit longer is de-selecting the talent. It might work the same on iPad/iPhone.

Unfortunately, an ipad long press only brings up the tooltip when you release :(

Alamand
02-05-2016, 02:36 PM
nice tool for the future, but having everything upside down really threw me off when trying to use it.

OzymandiasDark
02-05-2016, 05:23 PM
Found the Coyotle Cleric Code - and obviously one other was found inbetween, as it said there would be 2 codes left...

NyXDaE
02-06-2016, 11:27 AM
Were they all found?

bogycoins
02-06-2016, 01:05 PM
Nope. Two more to go. Orc Warrior and Vennen Cleric.

Xenavire
02-06-2016, 02:35 PM
Nope. Two more to go. Orc Warrior and Vennen Cleric.

Are you absolutely sure they aren't gone? :p

loopholist3
02-06-2016, 08:14 PM
Sorry wrong thread

bogycoins
02-07-2016, 03:27 AM
Are you absolutely sure they aren't gone? :p
Yes, I'm sure :)

To be honest, I had to change the Vennen Cleric code though. It became invalid after I fixed the cleric talent points and forgot to fix it. Sorry for this one.

Xenavire
02-07-2016, 06:06 AM
Bah, I spent all last night on the Cleric! Got it today though, thanks for the booster!

bogycoins
02-07-2016, 10:18 AM
The hunt is now over. All codes were found! Thanks for participating and I hope you got some nice cards in those boosters :)