PDA

View Full Version : Buying VIP - Not the same options as buying platinum

Tarquin
01-28-2016, 01:25 PM
Heyo, I wanted to ask, how come vip membership does not have the same purchase options as buying platinum?

Mostly missing Ideal myself, but Im sure other will notice missing options.

Cheers :cool:

Tazelbain
01-28-2016, 01:51 PM
No one knows except a few people at Hex and they aren't talking. I suspect that it is because $8 isn't always worth 800p due to currency fluctuations.

shocker455
01-28-2016, 02:06 PM
Because they consider plat worthless, compared to real world money.

At least that what this mechanic is saying

Svenn
01-28-2016, 02:12 PM
It's because VIP is a subscription. The methods you can use are ones that they can guarantee recurring payments with.

shocker455
01-28-2016, 02:23 PM
It's because VIP is a subscription. The methods you can use are ones that they can guarantee recurring payments with.

Is it a subscription? Are there automatic payments? I was under the impression their wasn't. Even if there are, having plat as an non-renewable option is much better then not having it at all.

Hex has plenty of automatic systems already built in. There is no reason one couldn't be set up for plat payments.

Svenn
01-28-2016, 02:41 PM
Is it a subscription? Are there automatic payments? I was under the impression their wasn't. Even if there are, having plat as an non-renewable option is much better then not having it at all.

Hex has plenty of automatic systems already built in. There is no reason one couldn't be set up for plat payments.

Yes, it auto-renews unless you cancel.

The point of a subscription system is a constant flow of cash (in a known amount). Allowing it to be purchased with platinum would defeat the purpose and wouldn't be bringing in new money.

shocker455
01-28-2016, 02:53 PM
The platinum had to be bought at some point. There isn't a way to create plat with out hex getting money.

The idea that they refuse to accept plat for something leaves a horrable taste in the mouth and feels like they dont trust their own currency. (which their whole economy is based around, and apperenty cards/collections are meant to be worth something?)

Jormungandr
01-28-2016, 03:14 PM
The platinum had to be bought at some point. There isn't a way to create plat with out hex getting money.

The idea that they refuse to accept plat for something leaves a horrable taste in the mouth and feels like they dont trust their own currency. (which their whole economy is based around, and apperenty cards/collections are meant to be worth something?)

The problem isn't that they don't trust the currency, and I'm not sure why you're so quick to think that. The problem is that they can't guarantee payment from platinum like they can from the other payment types, and for a subscription they want it to be something that will renew successfully most/all of the time. When it comes time to renew, you aren't guaranteed to have the correct amount of platinum in your account.

Tazelbain
01-28-2016, 03:17 PM
Where can I get payment accounts that are guaranteed to have money in them?

Chark
01-28-2016, 03:38 PM
Where can I get payment accounts that are guaranteed to have money in them?

http://www.nerdwallet.com/the-best-credit-cards

VIP is not going to be purchasable for plat in any foreseeable future. It defeats the goals of the program from our point of view.

Tarquin
01-28-2016, 04:00 PM
http://www.nerdwallet.com/the-best-credit-cards

VIP is not going to be purchasable for plat in any foreseeable future. It defeats the goals of the program from our point of view.

What about buyable through payment methods without recurring payments?

Rendakor
01-28-2016, 04:07 PM
The whole point of VIP is the recurring payments. It's revenue they can count on monthly.

Hextra
01-28-2016, 04:41 PM
The problem is that they can't guarantee payment from platinum like they can from the other payment types, and for a subscription they want it to be something that will renew successfully most/all of the time. When it comes time to renew, you aren't guaranteed to have the correct amount of platinum in your account.

This makes no sense. They could set up a system where you have to enter your credit card details, but are charged only if you don't have enough plat on your account. It doesn't work that way because that wouldn't guarantee a steady income as others have said.

dogmod
01-28-2016, 10:37 PM
It does mean that F2P players will never have access to the system despite how much effort or loot they turn in to platinum.

Xenavire
01-28-2016, 10:51 PM
Following that train of thought, it is another non-paywall (not forced) incentive for F2P conversion - if they are willing to buy into VIP, thats another paying customer.

Rendakor
01-29-2016, 07:18 AM
It does mean that F2P players will never have access to the system despite how much effort or loot they turn in to platinum.
Yea, that's literally the point: to get free players to break out the credit card. Once players spend money on a game the first time, they're more willing to do so again. If VIP gets them over that hump, it's great for Hex Ent.

Svenn
01-29-2016, 07:48 AM

I am completely okay with free players not having access to VIP. They can still get boosters at the same price (or cheaper). It just means they can't do VIP tournaments or get the special sleeves.