PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Gold Shops

BenRGamer
01-29-2016, 02:53 PM
I was surprised when I ran through the campaign mode to find no real shops--I mean there are those pay 100 gold for a buff, but that's not really a shop, I think. So I think I'll put in a suggestion for one.

Have a Borderlands style shop available in each city. Have a random assortment of PvE cards/equipment, maybe including the PvP cards that're otherwise given away in adventure packs, too. Have just one copy of each offered card available so you can't automatically fill your collection up, too. And have the shop change inventory along with the campaigns natural day/night cycle in the adventure zone.

I just felt that there wasn't enough ways to spend your gold in the campaign mode itself, I know about chest spinning, AH, and what not.

Zubrin
01-29-2016, 02:57 PM
Having a shop that offered PVE cards/equipment for gold would force the market on some of those items. A better strategy may be to integrate the Auction House a bit more into the world map (if they want that to be part of the experience). If they started offering cards for gold, the AH would still be cheaper than what was in game (except when some people are trying to exploit new players who may not know better, a thing that happened all the time in WoW with pets/vendor items).

Now, using the map for some type of gambling den like the WoF or have shops that offer other consumables that you could not find elsewhere (AH) would be workable.

Refugee
01-29-2016, 02:59 PM
If you didn't know, there are strongholds coming which will allow you to spend gold for perks to various aspects of the game. You can read a bit about them here:

"https://www.hextcg.com/the-future-of-hex/"

or I took the relevant info out for you here:

"Strongholds! Eight different strongholds (one for each race). Each building within the stronghold represents an aspect of the game like mercenaries or crafting. You can spend your gold to unlock huge upgrades for each of these buildings and enhance the features of HEX that are important to you."

That of course doesn't discount your idea, but I wanted to make sure you knew about some of the planned gold sinks in campaign.

BenRGamer
01-29-2016, 03:03 PM
Having a shop that offered PVE cards/equipment for gold would force the market on some of those items. A better strategy may be to integrate the Auction House a bit more into the world map (if they want that to be part of the experience). If they started offering cards for gold, the AH would still be cheaper than what was in game (except when some people are trying to exploit new players who may not know better, a thing that happened all the time in WoW with pets/vendor items).

Now, using the map for some type of gambling den like the WoF or have shops that offer other consumables that you could not find elsewhere (AH) would be workable.

As I said, it would only let people get ONE copy of a card at a time, so it's not reliable for getting a full set of cards without being exceedingly patient--in fact it might make people go check the AH to go find more copies of the card--stimulating the economy that way, or to buy some gold to buy a rare card available.

If it's done right--it could work really well.

BenRGamer
01-29-2016, 03:04 PM
Take a look at the Shroom events, for example, something like that, but with random cards/equipment, and they cost gold.

Xexist
01-29-2016, 03:29 PM

an introduction to the auction house some point early on, where you get a 'quest' to buy a common card from the AH or something would be smart.

BenRGamer
01-29-2016, 08:30 PM
Any other thoughts on this suggestion?

Yoss
01-29-2016, 08:40 PM
an introduction to the auction house some point early on, where you get a 'quest' to buy a common card from the AH or something would be smart.

+1

Aradon
01-29-2016, 10:09 PM
I had a post in an older thread about this. I, too expected some gold shops. Those suggesting the AH as a better tool are not wrong, but I think they can be combined pretty well:

I think it'd be pretty neat to have merchant NPCs selling cards in PvE for gold. They could make said NPCs mirror AH prices, and then act as an alternate interface to the AH directly. When a player buys a card from the NPC, it takes it from the AH. It'd be a very natural way to show PvE players the auction house and get used to buying cards with gold. It can be pretty intimidating to jump into the AH as a new player, and limited offering NPCs that sell a selection of thematic cards can ease them into the process of card shopping.

Mejis
01-29-2016, 10:15 PM

Brilliant idea!

whiteyzz
01-30-2016, 01:00 AM
Another idea, allow us to buy PVE only versions of PVP common,uncommon,rares,legendary (we could leave out legendary or have them be limited to 1 time buy for that day and they switch out.)

That way f2p players can play the PVE and do raids without the whole, WAIT YOU DON'T RUN VAMPIRE KINGS/REESE/ECT *KICKED FROM PARTY*!

Xenavire
01-30-2016, 08:15 AM
Another idea, allow us to buy PVE only versions of PVP common,uncommon,rares,legendary (we could leave out legendary or have them be limited to 1 time buy for that day and they switch out.)

That way f2p players can play the PVE and do raids without the whole, WAIT YOU DON'T RUN VAMPIRE KINGS/REESE/ECT *KICKED FROM PARTY*!

If anyone is ever kicked based on not having VK, this game is going to crash and burn. First of all, deck checks shouldn't be mandatory, so how would you even know about their lack of VK, and second, I suspect that VK is going to be substandard for most raids. Having certain PvE cards or certain unusual (combo mostly) PvP cards, with equips and talents, will likely be far more important.

Salverus
01-30-2016, 09:09 AM
you can always ask players to send a card with shift + click through the chat, if they dont, they dont own the card ^^.
But i think if you are in a guild with some friends to have fun, you ll never get kicked.
I have seen it in other games, but this game has one of the best communities, so I wouldnt worry about it. Even if you dont have a guild.

Yoss
01-30-2016, 10:17 AM

This would destroy the game economy and also the game balance since players could suddenly run 8x of each such card (run 4x of the PvP card and 4x of the PvE reprint).

Xavon
01-30-2016, 12:28 PM
+1 on the AH quest.

Rather than selling cards, I would rather see an expansion of the Gaal fortune telling. A store where you can buy a specific (instead of random) perk that lasts for a certain number of matches. Like 'Automatically win choice to go first for the next five battles', 'Start with 1 extra card for the next three battles', 'First troop you play has Prophecy: Life Drain for the next four battles'. Stuff like that.

Yubar
01-30-2016, 02:21 PM
Yoss and I have suggested a separate tab in the AH to allow for players to offer up bundles of plat for gold or vice versa, for now you have to use packs as an nbetween or just do COD which isn't terrible

RCDv57
01-30-2016, 02:26 PM
I don't like the idea of buying singles from campaign for gold.
But there doesn't seem to be much reason to not sell AZ packs for gold.

But not the dungeon packs, that way there isn't a forced market value for those.

Zophie
01-30-2016, 04:33 PM
Okay here's my pitch: Since there will be a Stronghold for each of the 8 races, how about each one of them had a shop that sold a selection of AA Commons & Uncommons that fit into the theme of their race, these could be AAs of both PVP and PVE cards, and each Stronghold would have a different set available. Now, to purchase one of these Stronghold AAs you must pay a chunk of gold, say 25,000g, and also a unique race-specific currency token. Each high level dungeon in the game would then have a chance to drop a non-tradable racial token upon completion, the race determined by what kind of dungeon it is. Players can then use this to go purchase the cards, and they can sell them at a markup on the AH to those that don't want to farm the tokens or don't have access to the Strongholds yet (i.e. PVP only players).

In addition these tokens could also be used to purchase unique Racial sleeves and mercenaries and other stuff too.