PDA

View Full Version : What Is Your Most Beloved Encounter in the Campaign and Why? (SPOILERS, DUH)

fido_one
01-31-2016, 06:47 PM
There is a nice, fun thread on the encounters that people hated here (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=47552), how about the ones that people loved?

For me, it was the Chained Goliath encounter. I loved learning the mechanics of the battle (thread on that here (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=47365) ) as I got my ass handed to me.

Quantius
01-31-2016, 06:53 PM
Super Mario Bros 3 Mushroom Huts - Too bad they didn't try to make us match top, middle, bottom as they scrolled by. Although, with the lag the way it is, no one would be able to get a single card.

Edit to include that I really like the Taming Sphere and similar encounters (like against the human lords when playing Underworld). It adds another dimension to the match and I'd love to see this expanded in future campaigns. Goliath was a neat use of phases, but I'd love to see even more extreme changes: "This isn't even my final form!" kinda stuff, background swap, items popping up to use, completely different deck types.

Lafoote
01-31-2016, 07:30 PM
The first encounter with Wiktor. Going in I thought it was going to be just an Egg/Booby Trap retread, but it was much more fun.
If I survive more than a couple turns in the second encounter with him, maybe that will replace the first. So far, no me gusta!

Honorable mention: Plant Zombies. Seriously, what's not to like?

Fateanomaly
01-31-2016, 10:34 PM
I like the taming and rescue the princess encounter but i think they should provide the card to revert the princess.

Zantetsuken
01-31-2016, 10:53 PM
I liked the middle two dungeons. Heavy lifesteal so they had the same type of deck as I am using. It was a battle of who can steal all the life.

Ertzi
02-01-2016, 04:21 AM
Ha! Nice homage thread. :)

Chained Goliath easily for me. Just love that fight. So flavorful and the difficulty is just right. Weirdly enough, the piranhas might be my second choice. After attempting the fight about 25 times, all the while making small changes and getting closer and closer, the feeling of accomplishment and triumph was something else when I realized I can finally swing for the win. I get nothing of the sort with the Wormoids though. The Poltergeist is also a cool encounter in my book, because she switches modes, which makes the fight interesting.

All in all, every dungeon as a whole is my favorite encounter. Love them all to bits, which is good for the grinding aspect. :P

gjaustin
02-01-2016, 08:40 AM
I really like the Indigo River Bend/Tranquil Dream dungeon

You can attempt the fights in any order, but the ones you save for later are harder. Plus, the opponent giving you random cards can make for surprise combos you never thought of.

fido_one
02-01-2016, 09:39 AM
Ha! Nice homage thread. :)

I hope you don't mind the plagiarism on the title! Was going to reference you but it made for a not-so-clear OP.

Ertzi
02-01-2016, 10:26 AM
I hope you don't mind the plagiarism on the title! Was going to reference you but it made for a not-so-clear OP.

Of course I don't mind! I am very honored. :)

Seluhir
02-01-2016, 01:44 PM
The plant garden. REally made me think outside the box and rethink my deck.

nicosharp
02-01-2016, 02:53 PM
I found Fort Romor to be really well designed and fun to play. I guess I'd have to give it to fighting Ben, Alex and Adam with the bonus artifacts.

wurtil
02-01-2016, 05:36 PM
3) Sea Hag - Just hard enough that I feel smart when I can do the "thing" and still win

2) Wiktor - Awesome, awesome encounter. Typical wins are full of tense moments throughout, and he does so many unique things that every fight starts similar but quickly gets interesting.

1) Fort Romor - More a sum of its parts than any single encounter. Immersive enough that I actually can feel like I'm storming the fort and then holding it off against the enemy waves.

Planeshaper
02-02-2016, 12:56 AM
I posted this in my feedback thread, but I think my favorite encounter was with the Shin'hare of the Wounded Petal on Lake Wyalusing.

Not because it was difficult or challenging or caused me to think like several other encounters. But because it was comic relief timed at probably the perfect moment during the campaign.

And the Dream Dungeon was beautiful.

Verdant
02-02-2016, 01:52 AM
I like Chained Goliath. The choices to consider during this battle are just so engaging. Do you alpha strike him or ride out the storm? Do you make him flip tables on your own terms or do you prefer to play the waiting game? What will you do before, during and after? Do your remaining troops survive a sudden Chupacabra? How much time do you left? How much can you afford to deal to him to not push him prematurely? The whole event is just one big anticipating game, where you pretty much are in control of your own fate.

Ebynfel
02-02-2016, 02:37 AM
Honestly, Squashing Pumpkins. Being originally from Chicago and growing up during grunge days... I had a chuckle :)

seashell
02-02-2016, 06:16 AM
The Wormoids- because they made for alot of frustration and in the end turned out to be very beatable. To me that is a very good sign that PvE will not be too simple.