PDA

View Full Version : Promo Card Update

Skinner
02-01-2016, 03:14 PM
Hey all you deck-building fans,

Quick update for anyone who has been on the look out for promos for our DBGs, new and old alike. We have a new shipment off to the BoardgameGeek Store (click here (http://boardgamegeekstore.com/search?q=cryptozoic)) that includes the following:

Skitter (previously only available at 2015 events)
The Joker (1,000 of them sold out between August and now, so we're restocking)
Martian Manhunter (only 100, we're running down to the last of them!)
Radagast (The Hobbit promo)
Henrik Sedin (NHL Power Play promo)

And perhaps most importantly,

STARFIRE - We've been doing some New Years cleaning after coming back from the holidays and turned up a box of these we didn't realize we still had. Naturally we want to make them available to as many people as possible so you can avoid having to pay eBay prices to get one. Some are being kept for ourselves to take to 2016 events as well (Origins, GenCon, WonderCon, Comic Cons, etc.), but after this supply runs out (we're pretty sure!) that it'll be the last of them. If you're still looking for them don't miss out!

I don't have an exact date when the BGG Store will update, but the cards should arrive to them this week, so I'd expect to see all the new stuff pop up at some point next week. Promos are generally offered at $3.00 - $5.00 on their store.

As a friendly reminder, they have a few other game promos on their store currently in case any of these capture people's attention.

Mecha-Naruto (Naruto Shippuden DBG promo)
Felix Faust (DC Super-Villain, stack sized, not oversized/playable)
A variety of LotR promos (Merry & Pippin, Gandalf, Faramir, Theoden, Arwen, Eowyn)

And some non-deck-building promos for older CZE board/card games.

Thanks everyone for your support! I'll post again when I have confirmation of the new products going live.

Carthain
02-01-2016, 03:59 PM
Cool. The heads-up on this is awesome, thanks! :)

bigtipper
02-01-2016, 05:34 PM
I'm getting ready to place an order from the Cryptozoic Store, and hoping to get at least a few of the ones I've been missing. Do you still have some that aren't going to BGG (that I could request on my order from you guys)?

Matt_Hyra
02-01-2016, 08:53 PM
I'm getting ready to place an order from the Cryptozoic Store, and hoping to get at least a few of the ones I've been missing. Do you still have some that aren't going to BGG (that I could request on my order from you guys)?

You must put your request for ONE specific promo card per base set that you order into the comments field of your order. We don't sell individual promo cards.

gerrymul
02-02-2016, 11:46 AM
Fantastic to hear! Some of the regulars at our local store and I are putting together a master set with all of the sets that are still available, so having the promos will really help!

MyLittlePonyKeg
02-04-2016, 12:23 PM
You guys have any extra Banes? I missed out on the first printing of forever evil.
Skitter and Joker already sell out? Only DC promo on that link is Felix Faust.

Skinner
02-04-2016, 01:07 PM
Skitter and Joker haven't shown up yet. Probably won't until at least the week of the 7th.

Re: Bane, and by proxy Kid Flash and any future "in-the-box first printing" promos, we do have a small quantity of each in the office for QA purposes, but I can see about sending some off to BGG as well, probably in our next big wave in a little while.

LexLuthorJr
02-06-2016, 02:53 PM
No mention of Gotham City Docks?

Skinner
02-06-2016, 06:29 PM
The very large majority of our printed 'Docks' went to the in-store Crisis program we ran in late 2014. We had kept some on hand in the office for events and have provided some to the BGG store in the past, but unfortunately our stock is just about gone. I have fewer than 50 copies at my desk currently, which will be used at major events this year for sales/organized play incentive. Maybe if we're lucky more of them will turn up like the hidden cache of Starfires, but I'm pretty sure everything we had has been used. Sorry!

Regarding this update to the BGG Store, I'm told that their next refresh to the store will happen on or near the 15th of this month, so be sure to keep an eye out around then!

lostone0083
02-09-2016, 10:45 AM
sweet hoping to grab skitter and joker when they hit.

LexLuthorJr
02-11-2016, 04:24 PM
How about future Promos? Call me Larfleeze, but I want more!

Skinner
02-11-2016, 09:28 PM
Which future promos are you referring to exactly? :confused:

BenJazz
02-11-2016, 09:41 PM

The one that you are obviously going to tell us about below :cool: lol

gerrymul
02-12-2016, 10:56 AM
Well, we don't get promos with Crisis or Crossover packs, so that leave the next big box or a special one for the next convention season as the only upcoming promos.

Do we have a sense of theme or timing for the next DC full set that's being developed? I know they are doing the Cartoon Network and were talking about a generic themed Cerberus engine game as well.

Atmoz
02-12-2016, 03:15 PM
I didn't miss out on these did I? I've been waiting for a chance to get skitter for a while now.

gerrymul
02-12-2016, 04:06 PM
No - start checking next week on BGG Store apparently. That's when they are next updating the store.

Stryyder
02-12-2016, 04:42 PM
Sweet, Skitter was the last elusive piece of my collection puzzle (aside from the Volunteer promos, that is :P). Looking forward to picking it, and probably Mecha Naruto.

Atmoz
02-12-2016, 04:46 PM
Thanks!

BenJazz
02-13-2016, 01:15 AM
Well, we don't get promos with Crisis or Crossover packs, so that leave the next big box or a special one for the next convention season as the only upcoming promos..

Gotham City Docks was technically a promo for a series of Crisis 1 store organized play so, though not included with the game, there could be promos similarly distributed for Crisis 3 or Rivals 2 (Special BvS: DoJ promo anyone?).

LexLuthorJr
02-13-2016, 03:34 AM

Any new Promos planned for the summer's convention season?

gerrymul
02-15-2016, 11:21 AM
God I hope not - because of distribution issues none of the Gotham Docks promos made it to anyone who got their shipments from anyone but Alliance. Now that they are the sole distributor we get delayed shipments by 2-3 weeks and won't get any promos either.

DimeDrl
02-15-2016, 05:54 PM
Any word on if Radagast will be on BGG's with the update?

bigtipper
02-15-2016, 06:07 PM
Do we know when BGG will update their store? Is there a scheduled time and day each week?

misoby
02-16-2016, 02:20 PM
Just picked them up from BGG store: joker, Martian, star fire and skitter

gerrymul
02-16-2016, 03:38 PM
yes - just got an e-mail from the store that new stock has arrived.

SpiritDetective
02-16-2016, 03:57 PM
Get up while they're up!

Stryyder
02-16-2016, 05:54 PM
Promos are up! Skitter, Joker, MM, Starfire, Radaghast.

bigtipper
02-16-2016, 06:11 PM
Got 5 of each. :D

Shadowzero
02-17-2016, 03:27 AM
wow manhunter all gone already. gg

misoby
02-17-2016, 04:41 AM
Did you try page two cause he is still showing

bigtipper
02-17-2016, 08:26 AM
Did you try page two cause he is still showing

It shows me that he's "temporarily out of stock." GG indeed.

misoby
02-17-2016, 08:31 AM
That stinks ... Sorry didn't have all eyes open this morning

infinitycubed
02-17-2016, 11:09 AM
Of course it's out of stock, they only had 100 to post and they didn't ask BGG to limit to 1 instead of 5, so you have greedy people like bigtipper who now have 5 of them, and 4 extra people that are excited about the game will have none. Who knows how many other people bought 5 of each hoping to strike it rich on eBay or something. I'm glad I've been refreshing it every few hours for the last 5 days or so and got 1 of each for myself, but I do feel bad for the people that weren't able to get one.

bigtipper
02-17-2016, 11:41 AM
Of course it's out of stock, they only had 100 to post and they didn't ask BGG to limit to 1 instead of 5, so you have greedy people like bigtipper who now have 5 of them, and 4 extra people that are excited about the game will have none. Who knows how many other people bought 5 of each hoping to strike it rich on eBay or something. I'm glad I've been refreshing it every few hours for the last 5 days or so and got 1 of each for myself, but I do feel bad for the people that weren't able to get one.

It's a dog-eat-dog world. CE could easily reprint the promos, they just choose not to. I've been checking the store a couple times each day since this thread was posted, so you aren't the only one to make sure that you got your promos. Not to mention that I could have made multiple orders of 5, and clear the shop single-handedly.

That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

gerrymul
02-17-2016, 11:48 AM
I bought 2 - one for a mega set that a group of us are putting together of all the sets combined, and another just in case someone at our local store didn't have one. Same for Starfire and Joker. My local store sells a TON of DC games (like 50 of the base set within the first couple of weeks they are released), so I'm thinking it unlikely I won't find someone who needs it, but if no one needs the extra ones I bought for my local group I'll post in a week or so. I'll only be looking for cost recovery.

Mac_Apple
02-17-2016, 08:50 PM
#Capitalism

NKenn
02-17-2016, 09:38 PM
I didn't even see this thread but had been following BGG. I mean, if bigtipper wants to sell them, that's technically his right. Does it suck for the 4 people who could've gotten them a lot cheaper? Yeah, for sure. But there always a supply and demand. If these really are the very last Starfires, the price would be the same or higher on eBay anyway. Not saying he's right, it's not something I would do, but if someone wants it THAT BAD, they'll pay the extra few. I've seen it as low as 7 or 10.

The4gotNdeath
02-22-2016, 02:52 PM
Finally got that starfire promo, and a skitter just cuz

MyLittlePonyKeg
02-23-2016, 12:26 PM
Only promo I'm missing now is Bane. Hope you guys send some off to BGG in the future. I haven't even seen him on ebay.

MStreva89
02-24-2016, 02:00 PM
This question is for one of the Cryptozoic peeps.

As far as Character cards go, the promos are:

Martian Manhunter
Starfire
Bane
Kid Flash
Joker
Skitter
Cryptozoic 2015 Volunteer

Am I missing any?

NKenn
02-25-2016, 02:16 AM
Gotham City Docks. It's the only non-oversized promo. But I think that's it.

Edit: didn't see character cards only. I think that's it.

julio
02-25-2016, 04:58 AM
Gotham City Docks. It's the only non-oversized promo

Félix Faust is non-oversized promo too...

BenJazz
02-25-2016, 06:44 AM
Félix Faust is non-oversized promo too...

Along with the 3 2015 volunteer non-character promos

GuruGuru214
02-25-2016, 07:42 AM
I really don't get why people include the volunteer cards when talking about DC promos. They're not DC cards, just generic Cerberus, but they constantly get brought up at times when the Street Fighter or Naruto promos don't. Plus they were never meant to be in circulation.

That's just my take on it, anyway. Not trying to be hostile about it or anything, it's just something that's been on my mind for a while.

julio
02-25-2016, 08:13 AM
I really don't get why people include the volunteer cards when talking about DC promos. They're not DC cards, just generic Cerberus, but they constantly get brought up at times when the Street Fighter or Naruto promos don't. Plus they were never meant to be in circulation.

I agree :cool:

MStreva89
02-25-2016, 11:59 AM

While your point is true about circulation, the difference with Street Fighter/Naruto over-sized cards is that they are specifically geared and worded for their respective games. You can't really play them outside of their own game, similar to using Batman (15) and Joker (15) in regular competitive play.

Cryptozoic 2015 Volunteer on the other hand has a very unique ability that actually melds well with the DC DBG. In fact he's borderline broken in Teen Titans due to his synergy with the first Super-Villain, Slade Wilson.

And it's true that he's not a DC Character by any means, but they easily could've made his exact Character (effect) into something like The Question. The idea is that he's viable in the competitive DC DBG concept, whether or not he's a DC Character or easily obtainable. Naruto and Street Fighter Characters are not and therefore not considered in this concept.

BenJazz
02-25-2016, 12:37 PM
Add that to the fact that the card format designs and type names match the DC theme from the Cerberus Heroes engine (Equipment, Super Power, Location) and it is easy to make the connection to the DC DB games specifically.

You could use them with Naruto or Street Fighter but they use different terminology (such as Technique or Ultra).

Mac_Apple
02-27-2016, 11:43 PM
Regardless, nobody except those volunteers should ever have those cards, unless said volunteers decide to relinquish them. I wouldn't even really call them promos, they aren't really promotional, they're more just rewards/gifts.

DimeDrl
04-01-2016, 06:24 PM
Regardless, nobody except those volunteers should ever have those cards, unless said volunteers decide to relinquish them. I wouldn't even really call them promos, they aren't really promotional, they're more just rewards/gifts.

Unless someone decided to use one of the Photoshop template sets floating around to piece together their own home versions of the volunteer cards. But that would be a heck of a lot of effort to get some truly overpowered cards for regular play. @_@

Also, one person out there DOES have those cards without being a volunteer. There is a single closed listing on eBay for a complete set of the five cards that sold a few months ago. Some volunteer turned those cards into $60 or so. Can't remember the exact sales price and too lazy to find the listing again.

Edit: I take that last part back. Found it in my browsing history.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crytozoic-Volunteer-Promos-RARE-Collectable-use-in-DC-Deckbuilding-Naruto-LotR-/181839641180

$60 exactly.

czs716
04-01-2016, 08:49 PM
Unless someone decided to use one of the Photoshop template sets floating around to piece together their own home versions of the volunteer cards. But that would be a heck of a lot of effort to get some truly overpowered cards for regular play. @_@

Also, one person out there DOES have those cards without being a volunteer. There is a single closed listing on eBay for a complete set of the five cards that sold a few months ago. Some volunteer turned those cards into $60 or so. Can't remember the exact sales price and too lazy to find the listing again.

Edit: I take that last part back. Found it in my browsing history.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crytozoic-Volunteer-Promos-RARE-Collectable-use-in-DC-Deckbuilding-Naruto-LotR-/181839641180

$60 exactly.

Oh, there is more than one. Ebay isn't the only place you can find them. I got a set for $16.

Matafer
08-26-2016, 11:36 AM
Any word on Vixen, and Black Lightning getting reprinted? Or even for sale in the Board game Geek store? It sucks not being able to go to the conventions, and having no way to buy them online for a reasonable price. Cryptozoic was nice enough to send me a few missing promos that weren't in the box a while ago, and I really appreciated it

gerrymul
08-26-2016, 12:32 PM
Typically it's 3-6 months before they make the convention promos available on BGG Store if I remember correctly.

Mac_Apple
08-26-2016, 06:11 PM
Hey, is there any way we can keep this thread from getting Necromancy'd? I just excitedly texted a friend that Martian Manhunter and Starfire were available again and then realized how many pages the thread had (I.E. that this thread is actually old)

Matt_Hyra
08-27-2016, 12:10 AM
Just don't read from the beginning every time!

DimeDrl
08-28-2016, 11:10 PM
Hey, is there any way we can keep this thread from getting Necromancy'd? I just excitedly texted a friend that Martian Manhunter and Starfire were available again and then realized how many pages the thread had (I.E. that this thread is actually old)

Hit the "View First Unread" at the top of the page. Also remember to mark the entire forum as read each visit. :cool: