PDA

View Full Version : PVE Secrets (Spoiler)

Charko
02-02-2016, 07:39 AM
Hello guys, i'm trying to find the secret from the campaign. From that now, i think only the princess kisses has been found. And i was wondering if anyone know any other secrets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tpyMMkzots

ziggarius
02-02-2016, 07:40 AM
I got trolled by this card last night. It was my opening hand, so I got a 1 cost human troop. And it made Princess Daphne, the 0/1 can't attack, can't block you have to rescue to get the card. :D

loopholist3
02-02-2016, 07:43 AM
Killing the wormoid queen is an optional fight that gives you the wormoid hydra card if defeated.

seashell
02-02-2016, 07:46 AM
Great video! You do realize that to get the card you do not need to do anything other than revert her right? (no Mancubus needed)

Elwinz
02-02-2016, 07:46 AM
Defeating Armoy of Myth on highest level ( yes it has difficulty levels) nets you rare dust and a Spectral Caller card.

loopholist3
02-02-2016, 07:47 AM
I got trolled by this card last night. It was my opening hand, so I got a 1 cost human troop. And it made Princess Daphne, the 0/1 can't attack, can't block you have to rescue to get the card. :D

It can actually troll you harder by spawning The Ancestors' Chosen while your not playing sapphire.

seashell
02-02-2016, 07:48 AM
That's awful! D:

Flairina
02-02-2016, 08:13 AM
Cards that can be won from special encounters:

-Piranha Swarm (beat the Piranhas)
-Wormoid hydra (beat the Wormoid Queen)
-Contract Killing (beat the Killipede)
-Kiss of the Princess (revert the frog in to Princess Daphne in the Sea Hag fight)
-Spectral Caller (beat AoM level 6)
-The 5 untamed cards (tame at least one of the fight-specific untamed cards with the containment sphere in the battle)

ziggarius
02-02-2016, 08:26 AM
It can actually troll you harder by spawning The Ancestors' Chosen while your not playing sapphire.

I play 5-color necrotic :D I'd love a chosen for free.

YourOpponent
02-02-2016, 08:38 AM
Cards that can be won from special encounters:

-Kiss of the Princess (revert the frog in to Princess Daphne in the Sea Hag fight)
-The 5 untamed cards (tame at least one of the fight-specific untamed cards with the containment sphere in the battle)

Also the last dungeon Devonshire or whatever it's called there is a special path you can take (by not getting burned the first few matches and winning) take the North path and keep staying North and you get your choice of FIVE special cards to use for your deck while you're in the dungeon...Pretty sure you can't keep them, but I've been working too much lately to be sure and check.

Svenn
02-02-2016, 08:42 AM
Also the last dungeon Devonshire or whatever it's called there is a special path you can take (by not getting burned the first few matches and winning) take the North path and keep staying North and you get your choice of FIVE special cards to use for your deck while you're in the dungeon...Pretty sure you can't keep them, but I've been working too much lately to be sure and check.

Yeah, the "Power of" cards are not for your collection. They are temporary bonuses for that run.

Draconis
02-02-2016, 09:10 AM
In the Bleak Citadel it looks like there's another room off to the right after you beat the final boss, does this sound familiar to anyone else? If not I'll see if I can run through it again later tonight and take a screenshot.

LeMazing
02-02-2016, 09:36 AM
In the Bleak Citadel it looks like there's another room off to the right after you beat the final boss, does this sound familiar to anyone else? If not I'll see if I can run through it again later tonight and take a screenshot.

I know what you're talking about. Your character even points out that there's one more to fight, but Lodegan says to deal with his corpse and you're done. Doesn't seem like any dialogue choices unlock the last fight. No clue how to get there.

Charko
02-02-2016, 09:40 AM
i wonder if its related to your deck having a specific card. Maybe something to do with echo of lodegan or having a little something with prince or princess even King Gabriel.

LeMazing
02-02-2016, 09:49 AM
i wonder if its related to your deck having a specific card. Maybe something to do with echo of lodegan or having a little something with prince or princess even King Gabriel.

Ooh, not a bad theory. Might try the Echo.

katkillad
02-02-2016, 10:07 AM
Really surprised the "You get a free Comet Strike" node didn't give a card if you beat it using the Comet Strike because it's set up just like the Princess Kiss.

Also the robots digging for something is a really odd quest/node, wondered if using tunnelers yourself might net you something but never tried.

Artifaction
02-02-2016, 10:10 AM
There's a card unlocked by beating Army of Myth for the sixth time in any given run :)

Xexist
02-02-2016, 10:42 AM

When that happens it says you get it 'for the rest of the dungeon' or something to that effect

Koz
02-02-2016, 11:44 AM
There's a card unlocked by beating Army of Myth for the sixth time in any given run :)

What card is that?

Brjuntinaar
02-02-2016, 11:47 AM
I know what you're talking about. Your character even points out that there's one more to fight, but Lodegan says to deal with his corpse and you're done. Doesn't seem like any dialogue choices unlock the last fight. No clue how to get there.

Yeah I have been wondering about that. I guess its still possible that no one has found the way to unlock that yet. Maybe it requires you to do something in one of those fights?

Vengus
02-02-2016, 11:49 AM
I wonder if something happens when the Chained Goliath gets healed to a certain health amount. We know that he transforms when his health goes down to 25, but what if his health goes up?

LeMazing
02-02-2016, 12:07 PM
I wonder if something happens when the Chained Goliath gets healed to a certain health amount. We know that he transforms when his health goes down to 25, but what if his health goes up?

Would be interesting to try out. You'd have to give them control of either Chark or Minotaur Mercenary and throw lifedrain on it, since none of the healing cards I've seen allow you to choose a target.

nicosharp
02-02-2016, 12:17 PM
I don't know what I did, but there was a way to make Dream Eagles Health bug out and increase over-time. I think it was linked to me attacking with a Silver Talon Sentinel provided to me for free by the Dream Eagle. Not so much of a secret, as it is a funny bug.

2 Crucial secrets to share for runners:
#1 - The most efficient 'farming' build seems to be a fresh character made to complete all nodes until they get across the second bridge, and then enter the first town. The run would end there. My last attempt pre-patch was about 40mins long. The only off-path node I do for an AV pack is the Smashing Pumpkin's node.

#2 - The Devonshire Dungeon Tower path is achieved by beating the first encounter without letting the AI make you burn. You could technically reset the Dungeon if you fail this alternative path on the first try. This path enables you to get a "Power" shard card of your choosing, that can really help in future battles.

gjaustin
02-02-2016, 12:40 PM
Has anyone figured out what the Thorn Knight fight in the third dungeon does?

As far as I can tell it doesn't have any effect on the rest of the dungeon.

Ertzi
02-02-2016, 12:43 PM
Has anyone figured out what the Thorn Knight fight in the third dungeon does?

As far as I can tell it doesn't have any effect on the rest of the dungeon.

I always assumed that the three free knights come from that in the final encounter.

Koz
02-02-2016, 12:44 PM
I always assumed that the three free knights come from that in the final encounter.

No sir, they do not. Those knights come from the Rose Knight action card which is created by the special AI card that the Chained Goliath plays when he flips.

BossHoss
02-02-2016, 12:53 PM

I beat the Chained Goliath without a transformation. Gorefeast attack had him down to 1 life and he "pinged" himself to death on the start of his next turn on T4. I think it might possibly be associated to turns.

Koz
02-02-2016, 12:54 PM
I beat the Chained Goliath without a transformation. Gorefeast attack had him down to 1 life and he "pinged" himself to death on the start of his next turn on T4. I think it might possibly be associated to turns.

He flips if he's at 25 health or below at the start of his turn. On that turn he still pings for damage before he flips

gjaustin
02-02-2016, 12:55 PM

He doesn't transfer until his turn begins. Your example can happen if you took him from above 25 to 1 in a single turn.

Flairina
02-02-2016, 01:07 PM
Just a note, you don't have to beat AoM 6 times through all tiers, you can just beat level 1, and skip straight to level 6 to get the caller.

Chadatog
02-02-2016, 01:07 PM
I think there is somthing to figure out with the winding path and the guy burning the zombie boddies, he tells you about a shortcut. I assumed it has to do with the crypt dungeon.

wolzarg
02-02-2016, 01:57 PM
I have been working on theories for roseknight since the first day and its slowly driving me mad...

Currently beating him without attacking him once seems unlikely but im running out.
it was a bust.

Really really really wish the devs could confirm if the rose knight secret is in yet or not.

Aradon
02-02-2016, 02:24 PM
There is a dialogue path when you go the first time up that pathway. If you help save the raving shovel-man, he tells you about a secret entrance regarding a corner of a crypt or something along those lines. I assumed it was a clue to accessing the 'Short Cut' location to his north, but haven't been able to do anything with it yet. Need to run a new character up that way and copy/paste the dialogue test down.

Ertzi
02-02-2016, 02:33 PM
No sir, they do not. Those knights come from the Rose Knight action card which is created by the special AI card that the Chained Goliath plays when he flips.

Have I been fighting the Thorn Knight for nothing... O_o I hate that encounter. On the other hand... Yayyy, I can skip that bastard!

MrSeriousBsns
02-02-2016, 02:38 PM
Great video! You do realize that to get the card you do not need to do anything other than revert her right? (no Mancubus needed)

Yeah, only a few minutes after I released the video someone posted a comment with exactly that - just revert and card get.

My proclivity towards making things more complex than they need to be really got the better of me... I didn't even think to test it without the Mancubus. I guess he's lured me in with his wiles too!

Xenavire
02-02-2016, 09:27 PM
I have a neat one - for whatever reason, if you use battle as an orc warrior, with Zoltog out, and hit the opponent with that battle, it will create a savage raider. May be a bug (Zoltog specifies troops dealing damage) but it is definitely a neat synergy currently.

seashell
02-02-2016, 10:20 PM
It is both wonderful and horrific that there seems to be some really tricky secrets. This puts mario bros to shame.

pyrovoice
02-03-2016, 02:48 AM
someone knows where to get the Stalker of Marbaras ?

Evilgm
02-03-2016, 02:58 AM
someone knows where to get the Stalker of Marbaras ?

It's a drop from the AZ1 packs.

pyrovoice
02-03-2016, 05:47 AM
the AZ1 packs ? x)

Evilgm
02-03-2016, 05:50 AM
The packs you get from completing encounters on the main map or from completing certain quests.

Ertzi
02-03-2016, 05:57 AM
AZ 1 = Adventure Zone 1 = the entire world map campaign playing area at the moment. When there will be more content, a new zone will presumably be added to the world, and this would be Adventure Zone 2 and would drop AZ 2 packs. And so forth. :)

ziggarius
02-03-2016, 06:47 AM
I have a neat one - for whatever reason, if you use battle as an orc warrior, with Zoltog out, and hit the opponent with that battle, it will create a savage raider. May be a bug (Zoltog specifies troops dealing damage) but it is definitely a neat synergy currently.

As an Elf Warrior, with no Elves on board, I've had the Stirring Orration with equipment recur. Not once, but multiple times.

pyrovoice
02-03-2016, 06:51 AM
did someone got the Stalker of Marbaras then ? Because I got tons of packs, but not this one

Koz
02-03-2016, 07:04 AM
As an Elf Warrior, with no Elves on board, I've had the Stirring Orration with equipment recur. Not once, but multiple times.

Hmmm...interesting. I hope that's intentional and not just a bug. Old cards like that triggering off of your champions class/traits would be really cool. Hope it stays that way!

Sethanon
02-03-2016, 07:04 AM
did someone got the Stalker of Marbaras then ? Because I got tons of packs, but not this one

Sure, I have opened it in the AZ1 pack.

ziggarius
02-03-2016, 07:18 AM

Gotten two out of AZ1 packs, they're in there. Still no adaptatrons for me.

Vengus
02-03-2016, 07:36 AM
Hmmm...interesting. I hope that's intentional and not just a bug. Old cards like that triggering off of your champions class/traits would be really cool. Hope it stays that way!
I agree, we need more race interactions between cards and the champion. We already have interactions between the class and card classes but not many reasons yet to stay true to the race, which means people just take whatever race is best for the class they want to play and build whatever deck they got in mind.

Vorpal
02-03-2016, 09:13 AM
There are a couple cards I have seen that specify troops that share a class with your champion.

So far, there is way more class affinity than race affinity.

I was hoping the race affinity would feature as well.

Gozuja
02-03-2016, 09:59 AM

Agreed, this would be a pretty fun little element!

Angmar
02-03-2016, 10:02 AM

Deathless Guardian's equipment also checks if you are a warrior, and is completely overpowered.

Flairina
02-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Deathless Guardian's equipment also checks if you are a warrior, and is completely overpowered.

Wait a minute. Are you telling me that if I go in to devonshire as a warrior, play deathless guardian with equipment, and don't let combat damage through, wiktor's toxins will never hit me? I used her with equipment for my first run through as a necrotic warrior; how did I not notice that?!

(Does it also prevent burning damage? Either way, holy crap!)

wolzarg
02-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Wait a minute. Are you telling me that if I go in to devonshire as a warrior, play deathless guardian with equipment, and don't let combat damage through, wiktor's toxins will never hit me? I used her with equipment for my first run through as a necrotic warrior; how did I not notice that?!

(Does it also prevent burning damage? Either way, holy crap!)
its Weird and doesn't work on burning and toxin damage.

Zurai
02-03-2016, 11:11 AM
I'm not certain whether that is a bug or not. Burning damage and damage from effects like Mindpyre Wraith (which cause uncast cards in your hand to hurt you) isn't actually the opponent doing damage to you, its the opponent causing you to do damage to yourself. Thus, "You opponent's non-combat damage is reduced by 1" and similar effects don't apply. It's a flavor fail for sure but I think mechanically it's working like it's supposed to. It wouldn't make sense for your Deathless Guardians to reduce your Contract Killing's damage done to you, after all, and it's the same type of effect.

Xenavire
02-03-2016, 12:01 PM
"Stop hitting yourself!"

-Wiktor, the asshat Goblin.

Flairina
02-03-2016, 02:20 PM
I'm not certain whether that is a bug or not. Burning damage and damage from effects like Mindpyre Wraith (which cause uncast cards in your hand to hurt you) isn't actually the opponent doing damage to you, its the opponent causing you to do damage to yourself. Thus, "You opponent's non-combat damage is reduced by 1" and similar effects don't apply. It's a flavor fail for sure but I think mechanically it's working like it's supposed to. It wouldn't make sense for your Deathless Guardians to reduce your Contract Killing's damage done to you, after all, and it's the same type of effect.

True, were it not for the wording of deathess guardian's equipment description, which is what I was talking about.

"Prevent all non-combat damage that would be dealt to non-opposing Warriors."

All non-combat damage, including that dealt by your own cards. So no, it actually makes less sense if toxins DO hurt you. Burning is a sort of status effect so that might be a potential loophole, but the way it's worded, if it works on warrior champions, it should prevent damage from cards like the toxins, contract killing, cards fetched by infernal professor, etc. Anyone able to test this? I'M gonna have to test this.

Angmar
02-03-2016, 02:28 PM
True, were it not for the wording of deathess guardian's equipment description, which is what I was talking about.

"Prevent all non-combat damage that would be dealt to non-opposing Warriors."

All non-combat damage, including that dealt by your own cards. So no, it actually makes less sense if toxins DO hurt you. Burning is a sort of status effect so that might be a potential loophole, but the way it's worded, if it works on warrior champions, it should prevent damage from cards like the toxins, contract killing, cards fetched by infernal professor, etc. Anyone able to test this? I'M gonna have to test this.

I've cleared my last four runs with zero issues. The guardian completely stops all toxin and burning damage. I've actually built up over 30 stacks of burning on Wiktor before.

Edit: I have a human warrior. Noticed you have a necrotic. Shouldn't make an difference unless it is a super specific weird bug and not intended.

Malcolm
02-03-2016, 02:49 PM
2 Crucial secrets to share for runners:
#1 - The most efficient 'farming' build seems to be a fresh character made to complete all nodes until they get across the second bridge, and then enter the first town. The run would end there. My last attempt pre-patch was about 40mins long. The only off-path node I do for an AV pack is the Smashing Pumpkin's node.

... /sigh*
Nico you are usually pretty observant for PvE stuff, please please tell me you have re-evaluated and are wrong.
Otherwise our budding MMO has turned into a static PC-RPG from the old Bard'sTale 1 days: where you just re-loaded your starting characters, got their stuff, moved to bank/mule toon, deleted, rinse-repeat.
I hope you're wrong...

Vengus
02-03-2016, 02:56 PM
... /sigh*
Nico you are usually pretty observant for PvE stuff, please please tell me you have re-evaluated and are wrong.
Otherwise our budding MMO has turned into a static PC-RPG from the old Bard'sTale 1 days: where you just re-loaded your starting characters, got their stuff, moved to bank/mule toon, deleted, rinse-repeat.
I hope you're wrong...
What Nico says does seem to be the case though. Random encounters tend to give more gold than individual dungeon encounters, and the final dungeon reward isn't that high in terms on gold. The Dungeon booster pack is nice, but not as valuable as the gold imo.

RCDv57
02-03-2016, 03:06 PM
Defeating Armoy of Myth on highest level ( yes it has difficulty levels) nets you rare dust and a Spectral Caller card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcz4u3Lv9ko
I'll be back in a bit.
This is gonna take a long time.

Xenavire
02-03-2016, 04:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcz4u3Lv9ko
I'll be back in a bit.
This is gonna take a long time.

I have a 4th character ready to go there and 2 waiting to clear level 6 when I can be bothered. Beating it the first time was an exercise in patience/annoyance, so taking my time before I try for the other 3.

fido_one
02-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Anyone have any idea why these cards aren't on the AH? I don't want to grind out a set before checking prices and they aren't listed anywhere where I can find them (not by name at least)

MatWith1T
02-03-2016, 04:32 PM
Yesterday and Countermagic were my win cons for level 6 AoM. Wrenlocke with his gear can both constantly return a Yesterday to your hand and get beefy enough to do the damage.

Vengus
02-03-2016, 04:34 PM
Anyone have any idea why these cards aren't on the AH? I don't want to grind out a set before checking prices and they aren't listed anywhere where I can find them (not by name at least)
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=47438

IronPheasant
02-03-2016, 05:05 PM
... /sigh*
I hope you're wrong...

It's pretty much true. First time through a dungeon is worth 2x the drops and some extra gold. Average number of battles for a pack at the start of the overworld is two or three.

The exclusive fixed race rewards would be incentive enough, but yes, alting constantly currently seems to be optimal. At least until the drops from Adventure packs have been completely saturated.

judas42
02-04-2016, 05:34 AM
It's pretty much true. First time through a dungeon is worth 2x the drops and some extra gold. Average number of battles for a pack at the start of the overworld is two or three.

The exclusive fixed race rewards would be incentive enough, but yes, alting constantly currently seems to be optimal. At least until the drops from Adventure packs have been completely saturated.

I hope that won't stay the same for later adventure zones. Leveling 4 characters of each race each time a new zone comes out would be some grinding...

Xenavire
02-04-2016, 05:48 AM
I am honestly hoping they avoid any future 'you can only get this if you are this race' rewards in future, unless it is something you only ever need 1 of, or that you get a playset when you complete it.

No-one should be encouraged to play 4 characters of the same race purely for rewards, and while it is bearable for AZ1, it would be horrible later on.

I mean, I can't deny it is cool to get unique rewards based on race, but if they implement any high level rewards that you need to level 4 characters for to get a set, that is poor design and punishing for the bulk of players.

Lafoote
02-04-2016, 06:10 AM
In another thread I said this needs to be addressed, but maybe it already is. Maybe there is a checkpoint in AZ-2 that gives you another copy of your racial card. Eventually as more zones come online you'll be able to pick up a playset with a single character. In absence of that, they'll need to employ a mechanism to obtain the cards that doesn't require making throw away characters, Since there aren't enough character slots to support this type of distribution. They really need to not repeat any "one of" with no other means of collection in future chapters.

So is there not a repeatable overland encounter that provides AZ-1 packs? If not, maybe you should get 1 pack for COMPLETING any dungeon(not to be confused with dropping off a boss). In reality, altapalooza can work in the short term but especially beyond AZ-1 it is going to be less desirable.

Again, all this could already be worked out, with a plan in place to address the need to obtain play sets of the AZ-1 cards and beyond. If so, it would be nice to know what it is. If the plan is for us to make 32 characters per adventure zone, I think it may need another look.

loopholist3
02-04-2016, 07:22 AM
So is there not a repeatable overland encounter that provides AZ-1 packs?

There are way to many AZ-1 cards for this to be the case. I feel like we only earned 25ish over the course of the campaign, but there are 32 cards of different rarities. The packs probably have a % drop rate in every encounter you play.

Lafoote
02-04-2016, 07:26 AM
There are way to many AZ-1 cards for this to be the case. I feel like we only earned 25ish over the course of the campaign, but there are 32 cards of different rarities. The packs probably have a % drop rate in every encounter you play.
That's sufficient. A random chance for any encounter will suffice. I just haven't run anything but a dungeon more than once on a character so I wasn't sure.

Jormungandr
02-04-2016, 07:26 AM
I think it would be enough if they added the guaranteed reward cards to a larger card pool as well (like if the race specific cards as quest rewards in AZ-1 also could appear in the AZ-1 card packs or one of the dungeon packs). That way it would be possible to get a full set via playing through with the characters you want to play and then farming packs for additional cards. It might still be more efficient to create disposable characters to get them, but at least you aren't making that mandatory if you want to have 3 copies of a clutch card in your main champion's deck.

IronPheasant
02-04-2016, 07:28 AM
32 characters. 10 slots. Erm... something is pretty bad with the incentive structure there. (Nevermind 32 is actually hundreds when it comes to getting Saarthus.)

The fixed racial power rares are really nice, especially for newbs who'll have no power cards whatsoever, but let's hope they're just a one-off mulligan.

Optimally, if this were MMO-y, you'd have to grind reputation with a city to buy their cards/packs and whatnot.

Xenavire
02-04-2016, 07:32 AM
Rep grind to buy handout items? No objections from me. Literally an amazing solution in my eyes.

Lafoote
02-04-2016, 07:34 AM
Optimally, if this were MMO-y, you'd have to grind reputation with a city to buy their cards/packs and whatnot.

Good thought. We know more stuff will be included in cities. Perhaps that will be a thing.

Koz
02-04-2016, 07:38 AM
This doesn't really qualify as a "secret", but I find it to be an odd thing. There is a single encounter (the only one I know of) where the AI uses sleeves. It's the Necrophage Sensei (only accessible in an Ardent campaign), which is located east of the second bridge near where you find the robot that needs putting back together. For some really strange reason, that AI opponent uses the Concubunny sleeves. Does it have some meaning? If so, I haven't been able to determine what it is, but it sure is strange...

As a side note, the AI in both the Campaign and the Arena should be using sleeves regularly just to showcase all the awesome one that are out there.

Incindium
02-04-2016, 07:41 AM
AI probably have sleeves selected they are just bugged so that the sleeves revert to defaults randomly...

lol

Vorpal
02-04-2016, 09:14 AM
32 characters. 10 slots. Erm... something is pretty bad with the incentive structure there. (Nevermind 32 is actually hundreds when it comes to getting Saarthus.)

The fixed racial power rares are really nice, especially for newbs who'll have no power cards whatsoever, but let's hope they're just a one-off mulligan.

I like this idea.

I was trying to calculate how many characters I'd need to make in order to get all the racial cards (32?) and then comparing that with the number of character slots....

I was really happy to see those cards granted. Great thing for new players. New players can at that point generally only put one in their deck anyway, so the fact you get only 1 instead of 4 is not an issue. Unlocking the others through a rep grind seems pretty good.

Vorpal
02-04-2016, 09:14 AM
Is there a way to get into the room you can see behind Lodegan? I can't figure it out.

Koz
02-04-2016, 09:22 AM
Is there a way to get into the room you can see behind Lodegan? I can't figure it out.

Neither can anyone else apparently. It could be a bug for all we know which is causing the area to be inaccessible. It would be nice if a dev could confirm there is something to discover here or not.

Assassine
02-04-2016, 09:24 AM
There is a dialogue path when you go the first time up that pathway. If you help save the raving shovel-man, he tells you about a secret entrance regarding a corner of a crypt or something along those lines. I assumed it was a clue to accessing the 'Short Cut' location to his north, but haven't been able to do anything with it yet. Need to run a new character up that way and copy/paste the dialogue test down.

That just unlocks the "Shinhare Training Temple" Node in the see (or rather, unlocking that Node also unlocks the Shinhare node, you dont have to go up)

Xenavire
02-04-2016, 09:24 AM
Neither can anyone else apparently. It could be a bug for all we know which is causing the area to be inaccessible. It would be nice if a dev could confirm there is something to discover here or not.

But that would spoil the fun of speculation! Our real question shouldn't be "Is this place a secret", it should be "Are there places with difficult secrets to find?"

Aradon
02-04-2016, 09:44 AM
I'm personally of the suspicion that these are things removed from the game during development, and am getting a strong flashback to when I was a kid, trying to find all sorts of cheat codes or secrets that I thought absolutely must be in the game.

But, for anyone looking into them, I've copy/pasted the text the crazed shoveler has when you help him out on the way up to the Crypt of the Rose Knights:
"Thank you, thank you! When you are done, I know a way to escape. A secret. The crypt with the four stone spires on the roof. If you go inside and slide the lid off the sarcophagus, it leads to an underground passage."

Heck if I can figure out a way to use this, I can't even find a crypt with the stone spires, unless he's just referring to the whole crypt.

Koz
02-04-2016, 09:45 AM
But that would spoil the fun of speculation! Our real question shouldn't be "Is this place a secret", it should be "Are there places with difficult secrets to find?"

It would be nice to know if it was bugged or not though, that was my point. Someone can just say "no, there are no recognized bugs for that Dungeon" and we'd still have no idea if there was truly a secret there or not. Can you imagine the frustration of people trying all kinds of crazy things (and wasting all kinds of time) to unlock that area just to eventually have some dev say "oh, that's a bug, it should just open up after the dialogue, it will be fixed soon".

wolzarg
02-04-2016, 10:20 AM
Honestly all i want to know is if there are secrets in yet don't tell me how to solve them don't tell me where they are but pretty please let me know if i am just wasting my time.

FlyingMeatchip
02-04-2016, 10:29 AM

I managed to get two so far...

PCMR-HEX
02-04-2016, 10:57 AM
I'm personally of the suspicion that these are things removed from the game during development, and am getting a strong flashback to when I was a kid, trying to find all sorts of cheat codes or secrets that I thought absolutely must be in the game.

But, for anyone looking into them, I've copy/pasted the text the crazed shoveler has when you help him out on the way up to the Crypt of the Rose Knights:
"Thank you, thank you! When you are done, I know a way to escape. A secret. The crypt with the four stone spires on the roof. If you go inside and slide the lid off the sarcophagus, it leads to an underground passage."

Heck if I can figure out a way to use this, I can't even find a crypt with the stone spires, unless he's just referring to the whole crypt.

The only place where you can slid a sarchophagus open is at the fight with Thorn Knight, but not sure if anything happens when you do that.

loopholist3
02-04-2016, 11:03 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post

That just unlocks the "Shinhare Training Temple" Node in the see (or rather, unlocking that Node also unlocks the Shinhare node, you dont have to go up)

While the path through the mountain only unlocks the shinhare temple. I suspect the raving shovel man is talking about the room you fight against the Thorn Knight in the Tomb of the Rose Knights dungeon. The fight against the thorn knight seems to just be a dead end, as you don't need to fight him to get the rose knight cards in the final fight. One of the options in the text is to remove the lid on a sarcophagus, but you get interrupted. And the rooms description mentions there being a breeze in the room.

Aradon
02-04-2016, 11:12 AM
As a side note, the path through the mountains is not necessary to visit Lake Wyalusing, it opens up without going to the 'short cut.'

OzymandiasDark
02-04-2016, 06:33 PM
I killed Thorn Knight several times now and used as well the examine as the pry open Sarcophagus option - wasn't able to find any difference on that or discover anything that wouldn't be obvious - but somehow I think there should be something there, as it's mentioned explicitely and furthermore the only dead end within a dungeon that causes no result - maybe some condition must be met like the not receiving burning in the 1st Devonshire fight to open up the watchtower passage.

I suppose the Lodegan possible secret room you were talking about in this thread is in the Ardent only Usurper dungeon?

Aradon
02-04-2016, 06:36 PM
Yes, that's correct Ozymandias.

seashell
02-04-2016, 10:47 PM
Has anyone tried letting the overgrown garden's health go way up to see if something happens? It's not too hard to imagine it transforming kind of like chained goliath just in a good way.

Koz
02-05-2016, 07:08 AM
I killed Thorn Knight several times now and used as well the examine as the pry open Sarcophagus option - wasn't able to find any difference on that or discover anything that wouldn't be obvious - but somehow I think there should be something there, as it's mentioned explicitely and furthermore the only dead end within a dungeon that causes no result - maybe some condition must be met like the not receiving burning in the 1st Devonshire fight to open up the watchtower passage.

I suppose the Lodegan possible secret room you were talking about in this thread is in the Ardent only Usurper dungeon?

I'm going to bet it's a bug that the room doesn't open. I highly doubt it would be something so obscure that it would be this hard to figure out.

loopholist3
02-05-2016, 07:41 AM
I'm going to bet it's a bug that the room doesn't open. I highly doubt it would be something so obscure that it would be this hard to figure out.

If there was a bug, I would hope that a dev would tell us. While acknowledging a secret area exists is not something devs usually do, having players spend a bunch of time trying to figure it out would be disappointing.

I might have just been getting lucky, but it feels like the thorn knight is harder if you fight him after the ghost king. But I have killed the thorn knight after the ghost king while selecting both "look at statue" and "pry open sarcophagus" and nothing happened.

Koz
02-05-2016, 07:50 AM
If there was a bug, I would hope that a dev would tell us. While acknowledging a secret area exists is not something devs usually do, having players spend a bunch of time trying to figure it out would be disappointing.

I might have just been getting lucky, but it feels like the thorn knight is harder if you fight him after the ghost king. But I have killed the thorn knight after the ghost king while selecting both "look at statue" and "pry open sarcophagus" and nothing happened.

Sometimes the Devs are surprisingly tight lipped about things, even if we don't understand why. I agree that it would make sense for them to tell us if a bug exists here or not, just to avoid frustration, but there's no guarantee they'll do that. I'm going to still bet it's a bug and will be fixed in the future.

Turboflex
02-05-2016, 08:47 AM

Agreed. Probably a lot of this stuff just never made the cut for the first release. Where there are "secrets" like the Devonshire keep tower path, they are way more obvious.

Maylick
02-05-2016, 11:18 AM
So being a coyotle is a thing...

http://imgur.com/inP8kdW
http://imgur.com/UXEckbV

Showsni
02-05-2016, 12:17 PM
I wonder... If you save all of the dead humans in the first room from the zombies gnawing on them, will the Rose Knight look more favourably on you? Something to test, perhaps.

But even if you pull it off you then need to choose the correct of the three options presumably...

gjaustin
02-05-2016, 01:17 PM
I tried decking the Thorn Knight and that didn't seem to help.

You can even tell from the description of the room that SOMETHING is supposed to be there. I'm figuring it's just something they couldn't quite get in to the initial relese. Maybe there will be a secret boss that drops Ghost Sentinel!

Vengus
02-05-2016, 01:38 PM
Has anyone tried "up up down down left right left right B A start" while in the room? :p

Xenavire
02-05-2016, 01:50 PM
Has anyone tried "up up down down left right left right B A start" while in the room? :p

*searches for Start button on keyboard*

Well something isn't right here... But this is still worth investigating! They hid a dragon that way once upon a time...

Valnir
02-05-2016, 02:15 PM

tryed "leave the room" option, go back, click the sarcophage, move it but nothing.
Ps after this it says there are freshly cut wood in the room.. might be a clue
Also will try to kill tthe knight after I tryed to move the cover stone and perhaps there is a Diablo 2 like secret door :D

loopholist3
02-05-2016, 06:18 PM
I let the knight mill himself while never attacking him once, while choosing the pry open option.

Chadatog
02-05-2016, 08:05 PM
Perhaps it has more to do with playing certain cards. We know that they have triggers in the game for things like playing the burn in the preview forest dungeon makes an inferno. It could be something like that. The only think I can think of is that we could have to play a rose lion against the rose knight? Any other cards that have to do with prying off a sarcophagus lid or secret passages?

Vorpal
02-05-2016, 08:34 PM
How is sister midnight's deck determined?

Is it based on dialog choices?

Flairina
02-05-2016, 08:40 PM
Man oh man are there gonna be a lot of annoyed players if the Rose Knight battle really DOESN'T have a secret, and it turns out everyone was just looking way too hard.

kingzzk
02-06-2016, 02:58 AM
Devonshire Dungeon
For the Minstrel's Gallery encounter, 4th encounter on the right route, you can skip the encounter by selecting the 1st option conversation.
Only realized this on my 5th run through...

Koz
02-06-2016, 07:19 AM
Man oh man are there gonna be a lot of annoyed players if the Rose Knight battle really DOESN'T have a secret, and it turns out everyone was just looking way too hard.

This. I honestly believe it's either a bug, or something that was intended for release but didn't quite make it for some reason and will be added later. I just seriously doubt it would be something this hard to figure out. All the talk of super obscure things like using Rose Lions seems highly, highly unlikely to me. If it was something like that there would be more clues I would imagine, otherwise how could they hope anyone would actually try it?

It's probably a bug people, or just not implemented yet. Don't frustrate yourselves trying to put the puzzle together when there's most likely missing pieces.

Lafoote
02-06-2016, 07:23 AM
Well, the encounter with the body burning guy suggests(outright states) there is a secret somewhere in the dungeon. Nobody has it figured out yet though.

Showsni
02-06-2016, 08:32 AM
It's a little interesting that none of the dialogue options in the Rose Knight crypt are orange. Compare with the Minstrel's Gallery - usually, a choice that might lead to a battle or might clear the node would be orange coloured. But the Rose Knight ones aren't.

hitchslap88
02-06-2016, 09:19 AM
Is he the bloated zombie or zombie mob encounter?

Edit: "he" being the shovel guy.

Vorpal
02-06-2016, 11:14 AM
Is there any guide to which dialogue choices lead to which kind of fight? Particularly in the dream dungeon.

Xenavire
02-06-2016, 12:26 PM
Is he the bloated zombie or zombie mob encounter?

Edit: "he" being the shovel guy.

Bloated Zombie.

Aradon
02-06-2016, 03:18 PM
I can confirm that Purging Flames has no effect on the Dragon Guard battle. Casting it turn 1 is just a good way to instant-win, but doesn't seem to impact the rest of the dungeon. And yes, I was on the play. I still need to try this with Heat Wave to see if you need to leave each guard in the crypt the whole time, though.

hitchslap88
02-06-2016, 03:35 PM
Bloated Zombie.

Is he just telling you how to escape from the zombie incursion? Like, "hey, there are zombies everywhere. I know how to escape!" Maybe it has nothing to do with the dungeon.

Xenavire
02-06-2016, 03:39 PM
Is he just telling you how to escape from the zombie incursion? Like, "hey, there are zombies everywhere. I know how to escape!" Maybe it has nothing to do with the dungeon.

Could be all manner of things. I do wonder why the option to leave or help out is in yellow though.

Planeshaper
02-06-2016, 03:59 PM
My speculation is that the crazy guy escaped from the dungeon via the sarcophagus, then collapsed the Short Cut behind him, and this is merely you tracing his steps backward after meeting him. As in, it might just be RP, rather than anything significant.

However, since Aradon posted the text from the crazy guy, there is also a note the first time you visit the Short Cut with some amount of text that could be posted. I'm not sure if you can read the parchment again on subsequent visits to the node.

Vorpal
02-06-2016, 05:32 PM
When you fix the robot and say you will set him free, he says he is giving you something. But you receive nothing.

When you free Lodegon, he says you can return for a reward - but there is no way to do that.

loopholist3
02-06-2016, 08:24 PM
Using Prophet of Wren in the Tomb of the Rose did nothing. Tried it because Wren is mentioned on the King's tomb.

AdamAoE2
02-06-2016, 11:50 PM
Is there any guide to which dialogue choices lead to which kind of fight? Particularly in the dream dungeon.

It's not really in depth or comprehensive, but this is what I've come up with so far for fights in the Dream Dungeon.

http://teamclockwork.enjin.com/pvecompendium/m/36331742/page/Sister_Midnight

gjaustin
02-07-2016, 11:12 AM
I noticed there's a Captain of the Dragon Guard in the crypt in the second fight of the dungeon.

Anyone try bringing him back yet?

Salverus
02-07-2016, 11:36 AM
I think that is near impossible, since if he starts first, it is already voided before your first turn.

Xenavire
02-07-2016, 11:47 AM
Not if you Forge of Cadoc, Ruby shard, Heat Wave T1 (on the play) and then just play through from there.

Still, seems unlikely that you would need to do that much for a secret.

Aradon
02-07-2016, 11:49 AM
Yeah, having to 'concede' if you lose the coin flip is a real pain. I've definitely t1 killed him with Purging Flames (hilarious), though the t1 Heat Wave I've yet to be successful with. Done it on the draw several times, but only once on the play, and I didn't manage to win that one, since I had to mulligan aggressively.

The Captain of the Dragon Guard is intriguing, but I suspect not the key. In all honesty, I suspect this is all nothing. If only they hadn't made super vague allusions to these sorts of things way back in Kickstarter Days!

Timlagor
02-07-2016, 01:52 PM
It would be really annoying if it wasn't in yet and they added it without saying anything after people had tried the correct trigger without success.

gjaustin
02-07-2016, 02:43 PM
I tried reviving one of the Captains using Callous Awakener and it didn't seem to do anything. Oh well, it was an interesting challenge at least.

hammer
02-07-2016, 03:05 PM
I just finished the Thorn Knight with a Prickly Ammo Equipped Catapult to the face for lethal at 12 points of catapult damage having slip the lid off wearing my tombskin gloves -- darn you pesky Hex Ent guys I ve no idea what these riddles are all about and whether there is a secret but I am running out of ideas :p

Eierdotter
02-08-2016, 02:45 AM
is there a farmable card from these?

i only bothered to beat the queen a second time and did get nothing, so i assumed i need 4 different champs to get playsets for all.
but what about the AoM... seems different.

And the only important dialogue choices seem to be the yellow ones right?
like skipping/changing a fight in a dungeon or getting a buff for 100Gold.

Salverus
02-08-2016, 04:43 AM
each of these you can only get once per character. So just run through the campaign, delete and do it again, Will also give you a ton of extra adventure zone 1 packs and extra quest rewards (2 dungeon pack upon defeating dungeon for first time and the class specific cards).

Timlagor
02-08-2016, 04:47 AM
And the only important dialogue choices seem to be the yellow ones right?
like skipping/changing a fight in a dungeon or getting a buff for 100Gold.

The dialogue in Dream Quest affect the Boss (though not the rewards afaik). Whether there are more effects down the line I don't know.
I feel sure crushing the flute (or not) or spitting will matter later too.

ossuary
02-08-2016, 05:05 AM
I feel sure crushing the flute (or not) or spitting will matter later too.

Also whether or not you install the 3rd part into the robot. Currently it affects the dialogue when you report back to the dreamsmoke mystic, and he even talks about it a 2nd time if you return to his node, but there are no other (visible) effects. There may have been more planned here that didn't go in yet, or more may be added in the future that takes it into account.

Salverus
02-08-2016, 05:14 AM
yes, but adding the part to the robot or not is yellow, while crushing the flute is not.

Estar1
02-08-2016, 03:23 PM
has anyone tried always choosing destroy 1/1 resources on his charge power?

loopholist3
02-09-2016, 02:56 PM
The drawing of the map in today's update has an extra area after Devonshire Keep.

https://www.hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/JAZ1.png

loopholist3
02-09-2016, 04:07 PM
I tried using fire to burn the overgrown garden to the ground. I was hoping that the rose knights had an alternate entrance instead of a hidden path. I had no luck.

Flairina
02-09-2016, 05:47 PM
Anyone know what exactly happens if you let the zombie smash 3 of Snoodley's pumpkins? Do you just auto lose?

Aradon
02-09-2016, 05:53 PM
Anyone know what exactly happens if you let the zombie smash 3 of Snoodley's pumpkins? Do you just auto lose?

Yeah, I tried that. Instant lose.

hitchslap88
02-10-2016, 01:56 AM
Are people getting Soul of Raqqar from the Smoldering Dead dungeon? I haven't run it enough to know, but I have a hunch that the optional encounter increases your chances of receiving the legendary. Don't know how that would work with packs, though.

Also, has anyone tried using Purging Flames in the Usurper fight against Verrev? Since Purging Flames is a reward from that dungeon and Lodegan tells you to "burn my body", perhaps that would lead to the last room. Maybe it needs to be lethal damage from Purging Flames with the boots.

ShadowRealm
02-10-2016, 02:00 AM
Also, has anyone tried using Purging Flames in the Usurper fight against Verrev? Since Purging Flames is a reward from that dungeon and Lodegan tells you to "burn my body", perhaps that would lead to the last room. Maybe it needs to be lethal damage from Purging Flames with the boots.

This, just noticed it yesterday too and got the card Purging Flame at the end. I wanted to try it too, but didn't have time yet :)

Khazrakh
02-10-2016, 04:16 PM

Played around with the best farming way a little and I believe it's more efficient to add the Sea Hag to the route - you get another 3 packs out of only 2 fights and the Sea Hag is easily doable with level 3 if you have the cards and it only takes about another 7-10 minutes.

IronPheasant
02-10-2016, 07:17 PM
I always do the sprites after the water elementals as well. Two fights for a pack, beats the ~6 a dungeon takes and the hyooge dry spell after the teepee. I also sometimes do the teepee. 7 fights for 2 dreamy packs ain't too shabby.

OutlandishMatt
02-10-2016, 09:31 PM
This, just noticed it yesterday too and got the card Purging Flame at the end. I wanted to try it too, but didn't have time yet :)

I can confirm this does nothing. But I did skip Mistsim. So maybe a full clear + Purge unlocks it. (Probably not.)

Incindium
02-11-2016, 07:39 AM
nm Wrong encounter.

gjaustin
02-11-2016, 08:35 AM
I can confirm this does nothing. But I did skip Mistsim. So maybe a full clear + Purge unlocks it. (Probably not.)

Giving Verrev some burning counters would probably be a more logical way to implement it.

Not that I think it'll do anything, but like reanimating the Dragon Guards I might give it a try.

Mormont
02-11-2016, 05:22 PM
Giving Verrev some burning counters would probably be a more logical way to implement it.

Not that I think it'll do anything, but like reanimating the Dragon Guards I might give it a try.

Killed Verrev with Burning, can confirm it does nothing.

OzymandiasDark
02-12-2016, 06:51 AM
When you fix the robot and say you will set him free, he says he is giving you something. But you receive nothing.

When you free Lodegon, he says you can return for a reward - but there is no way to do that.

When we meet Lodegans ghost the first time upon entering the dungeon, he asks us what brought us there and, no matter which answer is selected, we tell him about our quest.
Therefore I think the remark about feeling free to return to collect the reward refers to our quest and getting the reward for that.

loopholist3
02-13-2016, 02:49 PM
Does anyone remember what the text at the silver forest said the first time you went through it?

loopholist3
02-16-2016, 12:04 PM
I assume that someone has tried running the Usurper dungeon with only Ardent cards.

Yoss
02-16-2016, 12:50 PM
I assume that someone has tried running the Usurper dungeon with only Ardent cards.

I had some neutral cards, but otherwise yes. I never use cross-faction cards.

loopholist3
02-17-2016, 06:10 PM
Does anyone remember what the text at the silver forest said the first time you went through it?

"The winding road through the hills ends. Two dirt trails overgrown with weeds branch off to the west and the east. Someone has nailed a landscape to a tree. The canvas is torn and the paint is cracked and faded from being exposed to the elements."

(Examine the painting.)

"The left side of the painting shows a giant mushroom monster lurching forward to attack. The creature is dozens of feet tall, with savage claws and a mouth full of shark-like teeth covered in toxic green fungus. Underneath the monster are the words: "CAVE TO WEST - CERTAIN DEATH". A green, bucolic garden is depicted on the right side of the painting. Hummingbirds flit around sunflowers and blue hydrangea in full bloom. Underneath the garden are the words: "EAST - PARADISE".

loopholist3
02-18-2016, 09:16 AM
Potentially relevant patch notes:
Updated the dialog for the Gates of the Bleak Citadel in the Usurper dungeon
The Chained Goliath fight in Smoldering Dead has been updated
Voracious Vultures now correctly drops as a reward from defeating the Ancient Thorn Night encounter in Smoldering Dead. Players will retroactively be awarded this card for each time they defeated this encounter

knightofeffect
04-05-2016, 01:30 PM
I had some neutral cards, but otherwise yes. I never use cross-faction cards.

So I managed to get something to happen in the Bleak Citadel this weekend for the first time (i think) although I didn't successfully complete it to unlock the final room.

So typically when I do the dungeon I take the left fork path first, but then also do the right. This time I was playing my 100 card coyotle cleric life gain deck and promptly stomped the first two encounters with my health only moving in a positive direction both games. This time I took the right fork first, not really expecting anything different..

Either turn 1 or 2 of my opponents turn a terrain effect was created mentioning "whispers down a mysterious hallway" with the result being my opponent got a free 3/2 with the ability to create an infected vermin for 3 (I saw his card pic in a topic on here a while ago) My intent was to complete the encounter without defeating this new enemy, but I didn't have a good enough draw to do it. I did beat him, but I had to kill the 3/2. I then just completed the dungeon normally with no special ending, I did not complete the left fork.

So either I didn't complete a hidden objective, I.E. Keep the enemy alive, or there was another step involving the left path as well, or there is some other trigger in the boss fight I missed, or all of this isn't special at all and my lack of recall from all the other times I've played it can be attributed to binge watching tv shows while grinding :P.

Let me know if you have seen anything like this.

Khazrakh
04-05-2016, 01:37 PM
If you skip one of the two possible rooms the next encounter always gets the encounter you skipped as a free troop 2 or 3 turns into the game. Finished the fight with and without killing the troop, didn't change anything sadly.

Aradon
04-05-2016, 01:38 PM
This has always been the implementation for that dungeon. There is a fork, with an aggressive deck on the left side and a controlley deck on the right side. If you defeat one, but don't fight the other, then the next node has the opponent you skipped show up about 3 turns into the fight. If you went left, you killed the aggressive guy but the controllish opponent shows up in the fight, and vice versa.

You can fight both forks before proceeding if you like, which means that the fight with Finanif has no extra opponent.

Showsni
04-05-2016, 01:42 PM
You can also kill the necrotic that shows up in the fight with Finanif and then backtrack to do his encounter... You'd think he should get a disadvantage since you've already killed him once. :)

knightofeffect
04-05-2016, 01:52 PM
Well that makes sense as to why that is the first time I've seen that as I've always fought from left to right previously. The "mysterious hallway" description of the terrain effect seemed to point towards the last room, but perhaps it is just descriptively talking about the other side of the fork.