PDA

View Full Version : I forgot how OP Titania's Majesty is (PvE)

darkwonders
02-02-2016, 04:05 PM
It's great adding it to my Warrior Elf Deck... By Turn 3 I could get a huge drop and potentially end the game that turn or the next if I get a big enough troop!

And I don't even need a troop in play to use it Turn 3 thanks to speccing my Warrior correctly!

Mormont
02-02-2016, 04:44 PM
It's OP until it hits on nothing, then it's a waste of 5 resources. It's a feast or famine card.

wolzarg
02-02-2016, 05:12 PM
I'm confused are you bragging, complaining, or praising?

darkwonders
02-02-2016, 06:20 PM
I'm confused are you bragging, complaining, or praising?

Yes.

zz_tophat
02-02-2016, 09:36 PM
It's OP until it hits on nothing, then it's a waste of 5 resources. It's a feast or famine card.

Ugh, this. So much this.

I'm going to keep using it, despite how many times I've been burned by it.

I once used it while I had Periwinkle in play, got burned twice.

...And then other times it's spell shielded eternal guardian *shrug*.

MagicFridge
02-02-2016, 10:40 PM
I always played it with Calamity and the ruby damage to player gem its and instant dropp win.... so dont no what you guys doing :D
In combination with eye of creation it is and was always a solid "I will crush you" Deck... thats why its banned in pvp...

strawwmann
02-22-2016, 05:50 AM
The problem as I see it is that constructing a PvE deck is completely different to a PvP deck.
In PvP adding high variance cards to your deck is fine IF that variance is weighted more than 50:50 in your favour (e.g., Reese, Phenteo, EoC, TM).
In PvE however, the bar is FAR higher than 50:50 because you are looking to win 90%+ of your games (most of the time) to get through Dungeons/Arena, so you are looking to maximise CONSISTENCY over power - in the absence of a decent AI, the primary win-con of "NPCs" is low probability, high impact (high variance) effects (e.g., Xarlox, Wiktor getting an auto-win Power of Ruby in his openning hand). So high variance cards can play into the NPC oppent's strategy - unless of course they are those brutal 'puzzle' encounters where the odds are stacked more than 50:50 against you, then high variance obviously helps you (high variance is the friend of the underdog).

That said I've also found TM consistent enough in 'fun' PvE decks, paired with Dropship +Eq which can immediately flood the board with blockers (rather than going for the riskier hit or miss kill draws). But I found pairing TM with EoC too risky (for me Smash to the Ground with Eq was a more reliable finisher with that many resources).
Vine Thickets +Eq are great early drops in these decks to hold things up if your resource ramp gets stuck (they can hold up, and nerf, troops with up to 5 attack, including Killipedes).

Fred
02-22-2016, 07:44 AM
I play both Titania's Majesty and Eye of Creation in my Elf Warrior deck, and I get pretty good consistency out of it. Most of my deck is troops, so the odds of hitting nothing are quite low. Plus, the AI seems to value Periwinkle quite weakly at the moment, so it is rarely the target of direct removal. On more than one occasion, I had a 10+ Eye of Creation, which got copied by Periwinkle, and that resulted in all the troops in my deck going into play at once. Too few AIs play Extinction for me to not want to go all-in.

ossuary
02-22-2016, 09:16 AM
Vine Thickets +Eq are great early drops in these decks to hold things up if your resource ramp gets stuck (they can hold up, and nerf, troops with up to 5 attack, including Killipedes).

I believe you mean Vine Trap, and yes, those are amazing in PVE with the equipment, such a great way to knock down tough fights like Killipede and Piranha Swarm with ease if you can get them out early (and with any ramp at all, you can drop them T2 no problem).