PDA

View Full Version : More Avatars/Character pics

Xavon
02-03-2016, 12:42 AM
I think there needs to be more than one character image for each race/class/gender combo. I'm not going so far as to say 'let us upload our own'. But there needs to be more than one.

Of course, in an ideal world there would be at least three of each. And each image would have a set of color filters so we could customize hair (eye? skin?) color as well as one or two colors on the picture's clothing.

In a super ideal world, you would further be able to customize your character's picture with what basically amount to stickers. Which you could buy with gold and win as drops.

Quantius
02-03-2016, 08:55 AM
I like this idea, and to save time on asset creation, you could always let people choose race/class appropriate card images as their character.

Xavon
02-03-2016, 09:55 AM
The problem with that is that so many of the card images are (and will be in the future) used for the NPC avatars. I guess fighting your double would not be the end of the world, but it might be confusing in multiplayer/raids.

BenRGamer
02-03-2016, 01:01 PM
I don't think card changes are necessary, but perhaps something like the Borderlands 2/Pre-Sequal skin concept--different colorations for people to have their own personal touch on the character.

GobBluth
02-03-2016, 06:02 PM
+1 on this. I wanted to be a human warrior but really didn't like the art of the character so I did another combo instead. It would be nice to be able to make the character look how you would imagine they do, within the limits of a character builder.

Yoss
02-03-2016, 07:21 PM
This suggestion is not a high priority in my book.

GobBluth
02-03-2016, 08:55 PM
This suggestion is not a high priority in my book.

Just because its not the top priority doesn't mean it shouldn't be talked about. I think allowing people to make their character more individual and their own would give some depth to the game. Its not gonna kill the game but I think its more than fair to bring it up.

Xenith
02-04-2016, 04:22 AM
I agree with Yoss. Commissioning 40-80 new pieces of art is not a simple thing. Such an art increase would be better spent making more card art to expand PVE. It's not an efficient use of their limited resources.

Monkranos
02-04-2016, 11:23 AM
well, what about making it so you can tweak the colour of defined areas? (like tattoos and clothing or clothing trim) Yes it might take a touch more art time, but I'm not talking wholesale changes, just re-colouring some areas. I don't think it would take that long to make the art possible to tweak in this manner, but I'm no artist, and I only have a rough idea of what might be involved.

Yoss
02-04-2016, 02:46 PM
Just because its not the top priority doesn't mean it shouldn't be talked about. I think allowing people to make their character more individual and their own would give some depth to the game. Its not gonna kill the game but I think its more than fair to bring it up.

Did I say it should not be discussed? No. I said it's "not a high priority in my book". Talk about it all you like. Heck, I'll even agree that with infinite resources this would indeed be a nice feature to add. Too bad HXE is not harboring infinite resources.

Zyion
02-05-2016, 07:35 AM
I don't think this is currently a high priority. Getting out more PVE content should be the priority. With that said, it should become a priority when group dungeons and raids become available. Choosing how your character looks is an important part of how you interact with other people. It kinda takes you out of the experience if you end up fighting alongside your doppelganger in a dungeon or raid.