PDA

View Full Version : PvE Conversation/Class/Race Results

Icepick
02-03-2016, 04:35 AM
Hey Folks
So I'm working on a guide series for all the various encounter nodes in Adventure Zone 1, but being just one man it's taking some time working out the results of various things during the zone. For example, what are the results of various conversation options? I'm sure a lot of them have no effect at all, but maybe some of them do. Additionally, I'm pretty sure some of the card rewards you get during the earlier parts of the zone are based on your class/race, but I've not managed to confirm this yet.
So, here's what I would like from people who are willing to help out: whenever you do a conversation that has some outcome, or you get a reward card (or really notice anything that might have changed based on your race, class, or conversations you've had), post it in here with your race, class, the NPC/node you are dealing with and what the outcome was/what card you got.
There's obviously quite a lot going on in the campaign and I've already started my own notes, but extra data from the community is going to help making a much more accurate guide.
Thanks!

Verdant
02-03-2016, 04:48 AM
All first answers in the Dream dungeon give you a B/D Sister Midnight in the end.

Salverus
02-03-2016, 05:08 AM
I believe only the yellow conversation blocks matter.
as for class specific rewards, it is only the mentor card in tutorial I think.

bwarner
02-03-2016, 06:06 AM
There are definitely race specific rewards after the tutorial, after crossing the first bridge, and after making it to the first town.

Icepick
02-03-2016, 06:18 AM
There are definitely race specific rewards after the tutorial, after crossing the first bridge, and after making it to the first town.

Yeah this is what I thought too, though I'm sure I've had a couple of cases where I didn't get things from one or the other, which is why I'm trying to compile data.

Yoss
02-05-2016, 02:22 PM
I believe only the yellow conversation blocks matter.

This would be useful. Can anyone else confirm?

Saeijou
02-05-2016, 02:25 PM
Yeah this is what I thought too, though I'm sure I've had a couple of cases where I didn't get things from one or the other, which is why I'm trying to compile data.

like this?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dB07gbnq6XVAKpKrxPhzkOG2WhwBTf6TKGhGPgolhNw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

AdamAoE2
02-05-2016, 02:36 PM
Hey there Icepick,

I've done quite a bit of work on a wiki myself that I'm putting the finishing touches on.

http://teamclockwork.enjin.com/pvecompendium

You are welcome to take any information you need from this. Please note that I still have about half of the links to go, but I do have the racial rewards in the "Rewards" section as well as other information for various nodes.

Icepick
02-05-2016, 06:59 PM
Those will both be very useful, thanks!

bleeding_warrior
02-07-2016, 12:27 AM
like this?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dB07gbnq6XVAKpKrxPhzkOG2WhwBTf6TKGhGPgolhNw/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

This document is great, thanks for sharing!

Elwinz
02-07-2016, 05:57 AM
This would be useful. Can anyone else confirm?

from my expeirince yes yelow ones matters

Timlagor
02-08-2016, 02:18 AM
from my expeirince yes yelow ones matters

Yellow ones are supposed to matter
There are definitely some that are not yellow that matter too such as Sister Midnight.

I seem to recall some yellow ones that don't seem to make a difference too but I couldn't tell you where off the top of my head.

Turtlewing
02-08-2016, 01:23 PM
I think yellow means you can't come back and try the other choice on the same character.

At least that's what it's seemed to mean every time I've come across it. Sister Midnight is a repeatable encounter so you can come back and try the other choices.

Fyren
02-08-2016, 04:07 PM
I think yellow means you can't come back and try the other choice on the same character.

At least that's what it's seemed to mean every time I've come across it. Sister Midnight is a repeatable encounter so you can come back and try the other choices.

Can't quite be "Can't try on same character." There are choices in Devonshire you can play both ways on two different dungeon runs and will result in an encounter occurring or not occurring.

Jemy000
02-09-2016, 01:20 AM
Why do people think Sister Midnight changes based on answers? Either I have some very weird luck, or she always uses a deck made from the first 2 shards you choose in the dream.

Icepick
02-09-2016, 05:38 AM
Why do people think Sister Midnight changes based on answers? Either I have some very weird luck, or she always uses a deck made from the first 2 shards you choose in the dream.

Can't be the first fights you do - I always start with Sapphire and then Diamond and since I've been keeping track I've had Ruby/Wild, Blood/Sapphire and Blood/Diamond.

Elwinz
02-09-2016, 07:34 AM

No, order doenst matter. I tested it

Turtlewing
02-09-2016, 11:15 AM
Can't quite be "Can't try on same character." There are choices in Devonshire you can play both ways on two different dungeon runs and will result in an encounter occurring or not occurring.

Yeah, I hadn't gotten there until last night.

It's probably that yellow is an event trigger that you can't undo. The tranquil dream conversations don't trigger events directly. Any effects they have seems to be in agregate not individual.

AdamAoE2
02-09-2016, 12:47 PM
Can't be the first fights you do - I always start with Sapphire and then Diamond and since I've been keeping track I've had Ruby/Wild, Blood/Sapphire and Blood/Diamond.

Sister Midnight's form changes based on the answers you give to the questions posed by the dream animals.

http://www.teamclockwork.enjin.com/pvecompendium/m/36331742/page/Sister_Midnight

Eierdotter
02-10-2016, 08:11 AM
the boss of the dream dungeon changes the deck?
i always fight against B/D...