PDA

View Full Version : Artifact Eggs

Estar1
02-03-2016, 08:13 AM
Why are the Broodlord Eggs Artifacts? Especially since the spiderling eggs are not artifacts.

Its frustrating when you play builder bot and get one (hey you just gave an opponent a 5/5 for 4 mana!) I magine the level 15 dwarf racial will cause the same problem.

Edit: Its not the Terrountala egg thats the artifact it is in fact Broodlord egg (same effect but its the one from xarlox), Its clearly listed on card that it is an artifact

Vengus
02-03-2016, 08:16 AM
Sounds like a bug. The terrorantula eggs should not be artifacts, they are colorless banes.

YourOpponent
02-03-2016, 08:17 AM
Why are the Terrountala Eggs Artifacts? Especially since the spiderling eggs are not artifacts.

Its frustrating when you play builder bot and get one (hey you just gave an opponent a 5/5 for 4 mana!) I magine the level 15 dwarf racial will cause the same problem.

After reviewing Terrorantula eggs...they shouldn't seem be artifacts. They are in a category known to some of us as simply "shardless" sure artifact cards are also shardless (except for very few) for their threshold, but that would be like saying a square is a rectangle. Another card that is also "shardless" and not an artifact is Exiled Bard for example.

MatWith1T
02-03-2016, 08:46 AM
This seems along the lines of Battle Hopper and Exiled Bard being able to block troops that can only be blocked by Artifacts. It seems somewhere in the code, if you don't have a shard, it is just a de facto artifact, regardless of whats on the card. That doesn't seem by design, but it's never been acknowledged as a bug (or confirmed as intended) to the best of my knowledge.

ziggarius
02-03-2016, 08:57 AM
This seems along the lines of Battle Hopper and Exiled Bard being able to block troops that can only be blocked by Artifacts. It seems somewhere in the code, if you don't have a shard, it is just a de facto artifact, regardless of whats on the card. That doesn't seem by design, but it's never been acknowledged as a bug (or confirmed as intended) to the best of my knowledge.

Far as the battle hopper and exiled bard, we were able to get that reproduced with a QA and sent up to find out if it's intentional or not. I'll have to poke Cel to find out what the verdict is on that though.

Tarquin
02-03-2016, 09:39 AM
Wouldn't it be better if battle hoppers were generated randomly as wild or blood, depending on what you have a threshold of and what is the cause of the generation?

Estar1
02-03-2016, 11:43 AM
Edited orginal post , its the broodlord egg that is the problem not the eggs that phento lays. This egg is clearly listed as an artifact instead of a bane.

MatWith1T
02-03-2016, 03:48 PM
Edited orginal post , its the broodlord egg that is the problem not the eggs that phento lays. This egg is clearly listed as an artifact instead of a bane.

Because Broodlord's eggs were put into the game before 'Bane' was introduced as a card category in Set 3... think its as simple as that and was never changed after the fact

Yoss
02-05-2016, 04:06 PM
Should move/post this to the Bug forum?

Xenavire
02-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Funny story - had one of the new PvE cards create this and put it directly into my hand, giving my opponent a free terrorantula very early in the game.

Pretty sure I lost that one.