PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Tips and Tricks (with spoilers)

YourOpponent
02-03-2016, 08:13 AM
This is a thread to discuss tips and other interesting things we've learned to help make dungeons easier.

For example in the Tranquil Dream dungeon the order you do the encounters for it determines their health. Since the encounters health always seems to be 12-12-18-18-24 with the boss also at 24. So as a tri-color Coyotle I really like getting the blood and ruby out of the way while the the longer the other fights last...the less likely I'm to be threshold screwed thanks to the enemy champion's abilities for the dungeon encounters (except the boss.)

Jormungandr
02-03-2016, 08:18 AM
This is a thread to discuss tips and other interesting things we've learned to help make dungeons easier.

For example in the Tranquil Dream dungeon the order you do the encounters for it determines their health. Since the encounters health always seems to be 12-12-18-18-24 with the boss also at 24. So as a tri-color Coyotle I really like getting the blood and ruby out of the way while the the longer the other fights last...the less likely I'm to be threshold screwed thanks to the enemy champion's abilities for the dungeon encounters (except the boss.)

The order you do the bosses in Tranquil Dream also affects the cost of their charge power. I believe it's 5-5-4-4-3, but I'd have to verify in game.

morbidity
02-03-2016, 08:20 AM
The order you do the bosses in Tranquil Dream also affects the cost of their charge power. I believe it's 5-5-4-4-3, but I'd have to verify in game.

It is indeed 5-5-4-4-3.

Vorpal
02-03-2016, 09:22 AM
You can block with one of the rose knight ghosts and sacrifice it before it takes damage to both block an enemy and remove burning.

Xenavire
02-03-2016, 09:28 AM
Use Drowned Shrine in the Thorn knight and Chained Goliath fights to make things much easier. (Chained goliath is bugged though, it gets 1/turn draw even while it says "you can't draw cards".)

Just bring some way to discard/transform the shrine in other games, so it isn't a dead draw.

Crota
02-03-2016, 09:40 AM
Deathless Guardian with Equipment is an easy way to deal with Chained Goliath.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UdQyxno4ts

Tazelbain
02-03-2016, 09:52 AM
Ha, Adaptotons can nearly solo him.

jojobusta
02-03-2016, 09:57 AM
Boss in Tranquil Dream have 2 decks - diamond/blood and wild/sapphire. Choice is based on answers.
If you dont get burned during first fight in Devonshire Keep there is additional branch with 3 nodes available, power of *shard* as reward in the end.
There is a room after boss in Usurper dungeon but no way to get there.

Svenn
02-03-2016, 09:58 AM
If you dont get burned during first fight in Devonshire Keep there is additional branch with 3 nodes available, power of *shard* as reward in the end.

Wait, that only shows up if you don't get burned? Guess I've never been burned there...

Salverus
02-03-2016, 10:05 AM
h wow, i never noticed this. Done this dungeon around 10 times now for the pucid drops and always went from left to right, regardless of my deck and faction.

Quantius
02-03-2016, 10:12 AM
Boss in Tranquil Dream have 2 decks - diamond/blood and wild/sapphire. Choice is based on answers.

Actually Sister Midnight has many shard combinations, I've played against: Mono-Ruby, Mono-Blood, Blood-Ruby, Blood-Sapphire, Sapphire-Wild, and Diamond-Wild. I kept trying all sort of answer combinations as well as which bosses to fight in what order because I though you could influence what drops you get (you can't). I'm still 2 Dream Eagles short of a playset, RNG I hate you so much!

Flairina
02-03-2016, 10:18 AM
I always get burned in Devonshire's first fight because the zombies have ignite, which there's no way to counter on t1/2.

Vorpal
02-03-2016, 10:35 AM
I always get burned in Devonshire's first fight because the zombies have ignite, which there's no way to counter on t1/2.

There are 1 and 2 drops that counter it, but not in every shard.

Flairina
02-03-2016, 10:37 AM
There are 1 and 2 drops that counter it, but not in every shard.

Well, withering touch counters it- assuming you went first- but honestly I can't think of any other counters usable on t1. Certainly not when you go second, since they'd have to be shardless 0 costs. :|

Xexist
02-03-2016, 10:52 AM

Just to point out - the reward is temporary, unless you really need the boost I wouldnt waste the time

Jormungandr
02-03-2016, 11:00 AM
Actually Sister Midnight has many shard combinations, I've played against: Mono-Ruby, Mono-Blood, Blood-Ruby, Blood-Sapphire, Sapphire-Wild, and Diamond-Wild. I kept trying all sort of answer combinations as well as which bosses to fight in what order because I though you could influence what drops you get (you can't). I'm still 2 Dream Eagles short of a playset, RNG I hate you so much!

Has anyone figured out more about getting different combinations for her? I have definitely gotten wild/ruby as well which wasn't listed. I wonder if rewards vary based on the shards she has or whether it's just an interesting variety of fights based on conversation choices.

Rathal
02-03-2016, 10:16 PM
It seems like it's based on the conversation choices. I wonder if there's a difference in Ardent/Underworld as well.. but if my Coyotle Mage picks the option about peace being a noble goal, it seems to give a ruby/diamond deck. I'll keep an eye out the next few times I run this one.

Skirovik
02-03-2016, 10:33 PM
For Sister Midnight I can confirm Blood/Diamond and Ruby/Wild as possible combinations.

Tip for Chained Goliath, use The Killipede if you can.

Arynt
02-04-2016, 06:53 AM
I've found that a great card to use for the Chained Goliath is Blinding Light. Save 3/3 for the turn he flips and use it in response to his free card and all your stuff survives AND you can let elementals through that turn and take no damage/take no damage from his removal.