PDA

View Full Version : PvP cards in PvE

Svenn
02-03-2016, 11:04 AM
There was some discussion on Reddit about this. They said we could get PvP commons from PvE, but one person is claiming to have gotten a rare in a PvE pack. Anyone ever seen anything other than a common from one of the PvE packs?

wolzarg
02-03-2016, 11:18 AM
I have looked through about 400 packs as data collection is being done and never seen a rare. That doesn't mean someone has to lie it could be either incredibly rare or a bug in the system where one rare slipped in.

That said claims are fairly easy to make and so is posting pictures for evidence one would think that if this happened it would be posted fairly fast.

Svenn
02-03-2016, 11:20 AM
I have looked through about 400 packs as data collection is being done and never seen a rare. That doesn't mean someone has to lie it could be either incredibly rare or a bug in the system where one rare slipped in.

That said claims are fairly easy to make and so is posting pictures for evidence one would think that if this happened it would be posted fairly fast.

That's why I'm posting here. I don't believe it is supposed to be possible, but that doesn't mean it necessarily didn't happen. It could also be that person mis-remembering something. I was hoping if someone else had seen it we could figure out if it really is possible or not.

wolzarg
02-03-2016, 11:23 AM
400 is not a big enough sample size to rule out bugs but i would say its close to enough to rule out occasional rarity shifts in the drops.

Tazelbain
02-03-2016, 11:26 AM
How many Uncommons in your data set?

Svenn
02-03-2016, 11:27 AM
Curious on that too. I've never seen anything but commons that I can remember. Ben's article specified that it was PvP commons, no mention of uncommons+.

Xenavire
02-03-2016, 12:19 PM
I have opened a large number personally, and never saw anything other than commons. In fact, I don't even think every common is available, just a lot of them.

Reeplay
02-03-2016, 12:32 PM
I've done a lot of data gathering and feel pretty sure in saying this. You can only get PvP commons from the adventure and dungeon packs. The 1 exception to this is the vennen crayburn castle pack which has incubation webs in. If it is possible to get even uncommon let alone rares from adventure zone and packs then it's too rare to even suggest to players as a possibility. I think what ever the person who you are speaking of was either lying flat out or thinking it was supposed to be commons only across the board and doesn't realize that there is a difference between PvE and PvP cards. It's most likely they just didn't realize the difference

Svenn
02-03-2016, 12:41 PM
I've done a lot of data gathering and feel pretty sure in saying this. You can only get PvP commons from the adventure and dungeon packs. The 1 exception to this is the vennen crayburn castle pack which has incubation webs in. If it is possible to get even uncommon let alone rares from adventure zone and packs then it's too rare to even suggest to players as a possibility. I think what ever the person who you are speaking of was either lying flat out or thinking it was supposed to be commons only across the board and doesn't realize that there is a difference between PvE and PvP cards. It's most likely they just didn't realize the difference

https://www.reddit.com/r/hextcg/comments/43vhn9/quick_rundown_for_hearthstone_player/czlojcn

PVP cards from PVE packs are not limited to common only. I know I've gotten at least one rare (Marrowmage) from a PVE pack.

They claim Marrowmage, so they do at least know PvE vs PvP cards. I still don't think it actually happened, and the responses here seem to agree with me. If there is somehow a chance to get a PvP uncommon+ then it's less than Uruunaz chances it seems, but more likely they were just wrong.

Xexist
02-03-2016, 12:58 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/hextcg/comments/43vhn9/quick_rundown_for_hearthstone_player/czlojcn

They claim Marrowmage, so they do at least know PvE vs PvP cards. I still don't think it actually happened, and the responses here seem to agree with me. If there is somehow a chance to get a PvP uncommon+ then it's less than Uruunaz chances it seems, but more likely they were just wrong.

I know a couple Orange folks who could probably figure out if the claim is bogus.

wolzarg
02-03-2016, 01:05 PM
A big fat 0

Yoss
02-05-2016, 04:05 PM
Sounds to me like the reddit guy is trolling?