PDA

View Full Version : blocking with champion

Salverus
02-04-2016, 04:02 PM
if something has an ability "if your champion is dealt damage blablablablblabla" (the fight before wiktor) and two 1/1 troops attack, it will trigger the effect twice. Shouldnt it only be once? Since it is 1 time damage from combat phase.

Or worse, if a 1/1 and 2/1 attack you and you have 1 armor, then it also counts as two, even though the 1/1 doesnt deal damage to you and only removes the armor......
Also for effects like killipidi, can we decide the order to block, just like normal troops? So that the first point of damage goes to armor and the champion is not toxified.

Also several things are impossible to react to, is this intended?
For example in tranquil dream dungeon it says if a sapphire card enters the board, exhaust opposing card. But if i see enemy play a sapphire card, i want to exhaust my troops for construction plan counters. However it goes instantly, there is no way to tap out my own troops.......

kindmime
02-04-2016, 04:25 PM
if something has an ability "if your champion is dealt damage blablablablblabla" and two 1/1 troops attack, it will trigger the effect twice. Shouldnt it only be once? Since it is 1 time damage from combat phase.

Or even worse, if a 1/1 and 2/1 attack you and you have 1 armor, then it also counts as two, even though the 1/1 doesnt deal damage to you and only removes the armor......
Also for effects like killipidi, can we decide the order to block, just like normal troops? So that the first point of damage goes to armor and the champion is not toxified.

Also why do they put wiktor at the end of a dungeon where you have to plot through these other missions over and over for no reward just to meet the boss?

Also several things are impossible to react to, is this intended?
For example in tranquil dream dungeon it says if a sapphire card enters the board, exhaust opposing card. But if i see enemy play a sapphire card, i want to exhaust my troops for construction plan counters. However it goes instantly, there is no way to tap out my own troops.......

Please don't use blalala when asking a question, I don't really understand what you're trying to say to help there. What trait or champion ability are you talking about?

The effects for killipede question and dmg through armor: I am not positive how the game calculate dmg through armor. I tried testing it and it seems that it is determined when troop is played but don't quote me on that. I also don't know why it would make a difference during the killipede encounter itself does that deck have any other swiftstrike troops?

Yes it is intended, non targetable abilities do not go on the stack. it also does not say enter the board I believe the wording is played another reason you do not have a chance to respond since it does not matter if you counter the card. If it had said enter play you would not really be responding to the board special trigger more the card it self and would need to exhaust every troop to prevent any troop from being exhausted.

Hope this helps main point is nontargetable triggers do not go on the stack

PureVapes
02-04-2016, 04:33 PM
It depends on whether the 2/1 or 1/1 hit you first. If it was the 2/1, there will be 2 instances of damage on a champion with 1 armor (for hopefully obvious reasons). As kindmime said, I believe the order of damage is based on which troop was played first, but I'm also not entirely sure.

The Dream Eagle passive trigger exhausts a random troop, so unless you want to exhaust every troop you control, you wouldn't know if you're exhausting the right troop anyway. It's unfortunate, but there are some things you can't respond to in this game.

I'm not sure what the problem is with Wiktor though... he's a dungeon boss, so he's at the end of a dungeon?

Skirovik
02-04-2016, 05:26 PM
Getting hit by 2 troops = 2 instances of damage, therefore any triggers will happen twice. 3 troops = 3 instances = 3 triggers etc.

I haven't figured how the exact timing of armor works. As in, I don't know for sure who gets blocked by armor and why and who doesn't (and why). More testing is needed but the above theories of which troop was played first seem plausible.

poizonous
02-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Armor goes Left to right, im 95% sure since that is how the damage normally occurs

Skirovik
02-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Armor goes Left to right, im 95% sure since that is how the damage normally occurs

Except I can (or used to be able to) move my cards on the board. Left to right only relates to assigning damage when blocking is involved. Hitting a champ in the face = no blocking.

Yoss
02-05-2016, 04:09 PM
It would actually be quite useful to know the precise damage assignment order for unblocked troops (due to the Armor 1 ability mostly).

Vorpal
02-05-2016, 04:18 PM
If it's not left to right, I would guess in order of play.