PDA

View Full Version : Some really needed feature requests

OzymandiasDark
02-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Hey,

I really love the PvE campaign and the HEX game in general, but there are 4 features that I would really love to see since they would make my playing experience much better and less tedious.

1) As a passionate Vennen player that loves to dump eggs, I quite often came across the following issue:

Did you ever have 2 Arachnomancers and 2 Nazhk Webguards in play when your Brood Lord amplified eggs suddenly turned up in a giant bulk upon hitting with Bastardspawn of Borkrug?
That way easily more than 50 eggs turn up, which results in being asked the Decline/Accept question 4 times for each egg -> for me this already resulted in a loss on timeout since I use a rather slow mobile connection to play and getting through all this takes me about 5min.

Therefore I would really love to have an additional button which enables me to deactivate the resolvement of any further effects of this card for THIS phase of THIS turn - cause with the current situation I hesitate to play Webguard or Arachnomancer with more than 10-20 eggs in oppo deck since it usually results in a timeout loss for me despite being in a clear winning position.

2) Doing a lot of trades in the AH, as well selling as bidding on cards, I often miss personal mails since they get lost within all the AH spam (and even on one occasion a delayed sent CoD with a really nice card for an awesome price, which had been sold to someone else when I asked again about it, since it was returned to sender)

Furthermore a lot of personal mails aren't worth keeping, but some I'd like to keep, for example nice words or to remember someone who sent me a nice present. But after some time this clutters my mailbox, which results in a total lack of overview and often accidently removing a mail I would have liked to keep by checking select all.

Therefore I would really like to see a folder structure which pre-sorts received mail to make better overview and handling possible.

I would find it useful to have the following folders:

- Private - for mails from other users
- System - for mails that concern tourny prices, autogrants, VIP Pack rewards and anything else you might send to players
- AH Bids - for all mails about stuff bought or having been overbid at
- AH Sales - for all mails concerning stuff I offer for sale at the AH
- Archive - a folder where I can move mails to I'd like to keep save from accidental deleting

This would really improve inter-player communication, as I also quite often had the problem that my mails to someone weren't noticed since they got lost within all the AH mails - and getting into live contact with some players isn't so easy in all cases, since we are sometimes as much as 10 hours time difference away from each other.

3) At the moment, there are only 2 options within the game, either chat or play, since the chat covers quite a lot of the important battle field informations. Furthermore it's quite time consuming to open chat within a PvP match, just to discover it was nothing important what the opponent posted.

Furthermore with the by now real quick rotation of the chat (sometimes I'm unable to see my last post or any answers to it already 5min later), it would be really nice to be able to detach the chat window from the game window to put it beside the game window or if playing fullscreen onto a 2nd monitor.

That would also enable one to keep an eye on the trade tab of the chat during matches or campaign - cause with the situation given, most of the times an offer or request is already obsolete the moment I discover it, despite I'm looking into it between every fight I play.

Concerning playing with 2 monitors, there's also a bug I'd like to bring to your attention: If the 2 monitors are running in a different resolution, the chat window always jumps out of reach upon changing the game resolution to anything but the smallest possible (with the top row of the chat window, where I can grab and move it being above the upper border of the game window or fullscreen), the only way to resolve this is going back to the smallest resolution of 1024x768, which is really not desirable. Maybe you can resolve this together with making the chat window detachable. :D

4) Last but not least, I noticed more and more players showing up since the PvE release that don't speak English nor my language (German) - and with my knowledge of Dutch, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Hungarian, Polish being close to non-existant, it would be really nice to have an additional choice showing up upon clicking the Avatar of a player, which would be: COPY POST - so I would be able to put that into Google Translate to find out what it means. I think that shouldn't be too hard to implement.

But if you want to do it the best way possible right away, I also wouldn't mind to have an small toggle auto-translate icon within a players chatbox, which shows me the translation to my selected playing language right away instead of the original post of that player. (I've seen that in many games within the last 2 years, so I suppose it shouldn't be so hard to do - but as a quick solution I would already be perfectly with a copy button - since retyping a Russian text on a German keyboard is a real hard task - and I'm curious about what people say. :P)

================================================== ===========

I hope you understand the reasons why I request those features and consider to add them to the game asap.

Beyond that, keep up the awesome work you did so far with this and I'm sure your game will soon be the most popular online TCG there is.

Deathlock
02-04-2016, 07:06 PM
I like the №2 and №4 very much :)

OzymandiasDark
02-04-2016, 08:01 PM
Thx, Deathlock, that's a point I totally forgot about: with number 4 implemented it would also be far easier for non-English-speaking players to follow what is discussed and talked about in chat - sorry for making my proposal from such a self-centered point of view. :D

OzymandiasDark
02-12-2016, 11:12 PM
Despite it seems quite likely that noone even bothers anymore reading what posted here, there's one further point that's really really annoying:

5) I'm aware that you have higher priority targets you want to achieve and a complete make-over of the Auction House is probably still far more than a year away. Could live with that if there wasn't one particular problem that makes reasonable use of the AH nearly impossible which is especially extreme with PvE cards - and which could easily be resolved by the implementation of a simple minor feature.
Surely it is possible to search for a card. But I'm sure that I'm not the only one that rarely does that but rather wants to browse through whats offered hoping to find something desired at a fair, reasonable price. But this has become really close to impossible by now, since sorting and filtering is currently very limited - and I'm sorry, I have neither the time nor motivation to search and type the name of each of the about 180 different cards still missing for a complete playset into the search function. I really hope that is somehow comprehensible. But just browsing through by rarity and set is a nuisance, since very often 380 of 410 result pages contain the over and over again same cards that really nobody wants and would love to get rid of.
I just don't want to click through 100 pages of Harvesters, Night of Bells, Pucids, Chaotic Rips, Scarcliff Chimaeras to get a look at the 5-10 cards offered on the 1 or 2 pages inbetween those blocks. That really takes any fun out of buying cards from the AH with the result that I currently do about 90% of my trades using the trade tab or hex.tcgbrowser.com's advanced listing abilities -> with the result that you miss out your 5% on about 2000plat weekly trade volume just for me - I leave it to you how much you lose over your complete playerbase.
But it would be so easy to resolve that - just add a check box to the card pop-up, where I can select: Do not show this card anymore in AH listings for me!
That way I would be able to cut out those 10-15 extremely annoying cards from the listings, which would then just be 20 pages instead of 410 pages, but on those I would enjoy having a closer look at each card! Would that really be so hard to give your users this minimal convenience to make using the AH attractive again till you are able to do the extremely necessary total make-over???

(I'm sure I will never use that, but some users might want it, so probably you should add a "Reset card ignore list" button somewhere too - but with that you will have improved the user experience in the AH by 10-100 times and it will be just an afternoons work for one of your programmers)

I'm sorry if that sounds a little pissed off, but I'm really annoyed that users in your otherwise really awesome game are coerced to go through such a torment and you simply not giving a ... about it!
Just realize: More than 95% of all offers in the AH are simply absolutely unwanted spam in the eyes of every user!

Yoss
02-13-2016, 08:43 AM
For your item 5, I'd rather have the proposed checkbox instead be "show only lowest price listing for each item" or "bundle similar items" with the effect that you only have to see two listings per card, one in plat and one in gold. All other listings would be suppressed or grouped up under the two I mentioned.

Timlagor
02-13-2016, 08:59 AM
1) I dropped Webguards and Arachnomancers completely from my decks because of the UI

AH) An overhaul of the AH is the thing I want most. I'd happily have waited another month for PVE to have had a month's worth of work on AH 6 months ago.

OzymandiasDark
02-13-2016, 04:45 PM
Yoss, basically that would be an approach too, but it has some backdraws:

1) What do you consider the cheapest offer? The one with the lowest bid placed or the one with the lowest buyout? Furthermore a low bid with still 24-48h left means nothing, while a considerably higher bid with just far below 12h left might be far more inclined to result in the best buy!

2) That totally leaves the time left factor away, which is quite interesting as I often like to watch items run off the top of the time listing to make last minute bargain deals.

3) Last but not least lots of people will want to have a look at the price spreading to judge if a certain price is an outlier, a simply greedy or undervalue offer or if there are signs of a beginning shift of the price level for a certain card. Therefore all offers for a card should be visible, but only for cards I want to see or don't mind to see.

4) Basically that was never meant as any concept about final solutions about how to design the AH, but simply the proposal for an easy-and-quick implementable hotfix for a very annoying issue.

Timlagor, concerning the Webguards and Arachnomancers: They are essential cards for any Vennen deck, having to leave them out and by that largely decreasing win chances makes Vennen deck rather unplayable from a competitive point of view. So that really can't be a solution.

Yes, I agree to your 2nd point, but the situation being like that, pointing out wishing-well ideas of how it should be won't improve the matter - what is needed are quick and effective solutions that at least reduce the annoyance factor by 90% and re-achieve at least some kind of usability FAST!

Yoss
02-15-2016, 12:01 PM
Yoss, basically that would be an approach too, but it has some backdraws:

1) What do you consider the cheapest offer? The one with the lowest bid placed or the one with the lowest buyout? Furthermore a low bid with still 24-48h left means nothing, while a considerably higher bid with just far below 12h left might be far more inclined to result in the best buy!
I was obviously assuming buyout. As you say, bid means almost nothing unless you're sniping.

2) That totally leaves the time left factor away, which is quite interesting as I often like to watch items run off the top of the time listing to make last minute bargain deals.
When you're sniping you clearly wouldn't want to use this proposed check box.

3) Last but not least lots of people will want to have a look at the price spreading to judge if a certain price is an outlier, a simply greedy or undervalue offer or if there are signs of a beginning shift of the price level for a certain card. Therefore all offers for a card should be visible, but only for cards I want to see or don't mind to see.
They could make the details data a mouseover tooltip or could let you expand an item's "book" by clicking it.

OzymandiasDark
02-15-2016, 01:56 PM
Yoss, yes, regarding the final design of the AH I really like your proposals, I just fear that they can only be implemented in the far future, while I would love to have that "I don't want to see any Pucids anymore" button rather yesterday than today, especially as the only way of finding the new PvE cards in the AH is to browse every page without applying any filter, for what the possibility of ignoring all those commons being offered in bundles of several 100 now that a lot of newbie have shown up would be gorgeous. :D

And I'd like to encourage everybody reading this to comment, no matter if you just want to say "Yeah, great, that is something which I really miss and would improve my daily playing experience a tenfold" or if you want to discuss the quick fix proposals I made. Cause else I doubt that this will really get noticed. So plz, speak up, let the devs know what you want and need!

Clawdius
02-26-2016, 09:48 PM
For 1, Yes to all/No to all has been something that Microsoft has always managed to get on the wrong side of by providing only one of the options. For example doing IT I'd want to copy over a directory and keep all the files that were already there since they were the newer files. It always seemed like I'd get a prompt asking if I wanted to replace the file, yes, yes to all, and no. So I would have to manually sit there clicking no for ages. So Something like hold ALT and click the desired response to repeat it for all future responses in a round would be handy. It would be another feature KG had to explain in his new players guide, but I'm okay with that. I'm not sure if a simple addition to the UI would be tablet friendly which is a concern (perhaps more for me than others, since I use splashtop to play with my Nexus 7 regularly)

As for 2, The AH is a mess, ages ago I saw an official response that said that changes were coming. That of course could mean literally anything, so I'd love to see a mail system overhaul along with their new AH. The company seems to have focused on fixing things that weren't broken with the latest UI updates. Even before that with Chat, they made odd changes I never saw anyone asking for, and capped the text character limit lower than it had been previously IIRC. I think that some simple common sense mail functionality that has been in web-mail since the late 90s would be great.

As for 3 I'm going to add another host of issues with the current system. The game has to be minimized, it doesn't grasp that it is in the background otherwise, and you will hear all the swooshes and clicks of the UI when the window is out of focus. Windows presents the tools for a program to know when it is out of focus, it would please me if the developers decided to actually use them.

There also seems to be a certain set of circumstances wherein the game decides to increase the resolution of the program unilaterally, whether it is windowed or full screen. I fire up Splashtop, turn off my monitor, and the window expands to the resolution I have my desktop set to (1080p/4k depending). I thought it was a splashtop issue, but turning the monitor back on, and the screen has leaped from 1360x768 to 1920x1080, because I turned off a monitor. I don't know what it's doing, or why, I unplugged my Oculus Rift to make sure it wasn't trying to fit the screen resolution to the Rift... I can't figure it out. I hope that now that Unity is no longer going to upgrade the 4.x series, you'll be able to straighten some things out because I've gotten to the point where it's either A) leave my monitor on so I can use splashtop or B) use the integrated TV functionality to wirelessly watch Netflix. B works the same as A, so it's clearly the program detecting my monitor being turned off. But I haven't upgraded my OS, I don't imagine it was a new Nvidia driver that triggered this strange behavior, Splashtop hasn't updated... It's definitely Hex, and only Hex that has this reaction (intriguingly it does it in full screen, or windowed mode). I can understand that these concerns won't ever be addressed because it's an unsupported third party interaction, but I think it may be about a decade before we see a Hex Tablet client so I kind of gave up on it and having recent updates break my workaround is frustrating.

And for four, I'd just love to see the chat system burned to the ground and redesigned. It seems like your idea does provide a simple solution to your problem though, sadly simple solutions to problems often wind up being overlooked in favor of cramming in a host of features that don't work well that no one ever asked for.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go minimize Hex so it stops swooshing at me.

Azraile
02-29-2016, 03:02 AM
I think if you dubble click on Attack phase or end phase on the left side of the screen it will skip past at least all the accept's in that round

OzymandiasDark
02-29-2016, 03:21 PM
Thx Clawdius for mentioning those unsolicited resolution changes, that explains at least, why the chat keeps hopping out of my influence area. :D

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go minimize Hex so it stops swooshing at me.

C'mon, stop hitting on this poor HEX client, it's obviously just a lost attention seeker... Let's hope it doesn't start cutting itself if we continue to ignore its swooshs. :rolleyes:

OzymandiasDark
02-29-2016, 03:22 PM
I think if you dubble click on Attack phase or end phase on the left side of the screen it will skip past at least all the accept's in that round

Really? Another undocumented feature hidden in there? Gonna try this right away, thx!!!

Clawdius
02-29-2016, 07:17 PM
Really? Another undocumented feature hidden in there? Gonna try this right away, thx!!!

I think I may have used to admin a MUD called Entropy where their UI designer coded. He had a "quest" in his area where you would go to a certain area and type climb tree. There was no mention of a tree in the room description, no mention of a tree in the surrounding rooms descriptions, and the area was never described as a forest or anything. There was effectively no way for you to learn of this exit on your own unless you were able to see all the invisible exits with admin/coder abilities.

And last I checked /me still isn't featured in the /help command list.

OzymandiasDark
03-01-2016, 03:42 AM
Clawdius, plz stop causing such awful flashbacks! Your comment made me recall long nights spent back in the time of text adventures with very limited text parsers - where you quite often exactly knew what was the necessary action to do, but had a real hard time figuring out how to phrase that to make it happen...

dig hole
dig hole with shovel
use shovel
use shovel on ground
excavate treasure

after long hours and extreme frustration rages finding out it would like to be told dig up treasure with shovel

Chinane
03-01-2016, 04:06 AM
Makes me wonder how many of us are former MUDders :)

Clawdius
03-01-2016, 11:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkfqE1fkmmI

OzymandiasDark
03-04-2016, 06:33 PM
Azraile, sadly your proposal doesn't work out, it skips to the next phase only after all questions were answered. :(