PDA

View Full Version : Wish license for next deck building game

misoby
02-05-2016, 08:36 AM
Who else would love to see a transformers deck building game? Think of all the Autobots and Decepticons that could be used for multiple itterations. Soundwave, sludge, swoop and the use of transforming to play a factor would be awesome. So please at least think about it :)

bigtipper
02-05-2016, 06:19 PM
not sure if it would work well in the cerberus engine, but I'd love to see a Mortal Kombat "deck-building" game.

Stryyder
02-12-2016, 04:36 PM
Who else would love to see a transformers deck building game? Think of all the Autobots and Decepticons that could be used for multiple itterations. Soundwave, sludge, swoop and the use of transforming to play a factor would be awesome. So please at least think about it :)

This would go on my shelf at any price. So much flavor, I would love to have this happen.

DimeDrl
02-15-2016, 06:10 PM
Power Rangers. Starting with season 1.

Mass Effect. For the Cerberus meta-ness of it all.

Ghostbusters. Spanning EVERYTHING. Original, Real, Extreme and the reboot (after we know the reboot is good on course).

TMNT. Not the Michael Bay garbage though. Just... no.

Muppets. I can't explain why, but Muppets!

James Bond. There's lot of material to work with. Superpowers would have to change "plots," "plans" or something similar, but the rest could stay the same.

LexLuthorJr
02-16-2016, 04:44 AM
I agree with TMNT completely, but don't really see the others translating well. (Okay, Power Rangers would work, granted. I'm not a fan, though.) The feel for some of those is just wrong. I am a big James Bond fan, but who would you play as besides Bond? I would not shun a James Bond DBG in the Cerberus engine, I just don't think it's viable.

Obviously other comic companies would work. Wildstorm seems very plausible as it is a DC property. Marvel is probably a long way off, but maybe Image or Dark Horse would be on board?

Stretching out, I think Nintendo would have a large pool to work with. Talking elements from Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, and Pokemon would give designers plenty to work with. Star Wars is a popular franchise and one that would translate very well, but I don't think they would sign on. They'd probably just prefer to make their own DBG.

I'm hoping that the Cartoon Network edition is a success so that other companies would give Cryptozoic consideration.

midnight_rider
02-16-2016, 10:42 AM
Power Rangers. Starting with season 1.

Mass Effect. For the Cerberus meta-ness of it all.

Ghostbusters. Spanning EVERYTHING. Original, Real, Extreme and the reboot (after we know the reboot is good on course).

TMNT. Not the Michael Bay garbage though. Just... no.

Muppets. I can't explain why, but Muppets!

James Bond. There's lot of material to work with. Superpowers would have to change "plots," "plans" or something similar, but the rest could stay the same.

I used to play the old James Bond ccg. Going by that...

heroes = allies/Bond girls. Various aspects of Bond himself. Sauve Bond, driving Bond, combat Bond, stealth Bond, etc.
villains = henchmen
equipment = gadgets
super powers = intrigue
locations = exotic locales

super villains = maybe a villain/plot hybrid.

The ccg was mainly icon based, and I'd like to see that implemented into a dbg.

Stryyder
02-16-2016, 05:57 PM
Legend of Zelda would be another pipe dream Cerberous for me.

Matafer
02-16-2016, 06:38 PM
Although I'm not a Pokemon fan, I know it would sell like crazy if they were able to get abold of the license. Personally I would enjoy a
- Dragonball Z
- Magic the Gathering
- Atack on Titan

As for the DC universe, I really want a set to focus on under used characters like Harper Roe, Red Hood, Arsenal, and other justice league characters

Matt_Hyra
02-16-2016, 09:17 PM
Wish granted!
We announced an Attack on Titan Deck-building Game this past weekend at New York Toy Fair...

MyLittlePonyKeg
02-16-2016, 10:37 PM
Gundam
Metal Gear
Final Fantasy

bigtipper
02-17-2016, 11:51 AM
Along the Nintendo theme, they could probably make a cool Super Smash Bros DBG.

OS Cards would obviously be the different playable fighters.
Heroes and villains could be the various NPCs you encounter during the Adventure mode.
Locations would obviously be the arena maps.
Equipment would be the items you can pick up.
Super Powers would be the different attacks (i.e. "Falcon Punch!" and "Sing!")
Super-Villains could be the Boss-like encounters (Metal Mario, Wire Frame Guys) and/or each fighter's nemeses (Ridley from Metroid, Bowser/Giga Bowser, Ganondorf, Andross from Star Fox, etc). Then have the final SV be Master Hand/Crazy Hand.

*Note: My responses are heavily influenced by SSB Melee (as that was the game I enjoyed the most)*

Breyfunk
02-17-2016, 07:22 PM
I actually think a general Nintendo based game would be awesome. Pick a character from each franchise to be Super Heroes, and pick the hero's archenemy to be the Super Villain. Nintendo as of late seems to be a little looser with their IPs, so it might be able to become a reality.

I would absolutely LOVE to see a Megaman based set, or at least a promo with Megaman as the main hero.

Other things that would be awesome in my opinion would be the original TMNT cartoon, Star Wars, and Doctor Who. I think there would be a ton of fun that could be had with those.

EDIT: Would love to see Firefly. Would be a good bit of source material for a Crossover pack, and come on, who wouldn't love playing as Malcolm Reynolds on as the Hero of Canton!

NKenn
02-17-2016, 11:28 PM
I thought I saw it suggested but I guess not. I'd be so down for a My Little Pony: FiM DBG. Pleaaaaaaase.

Stryyder
02-18-2016, 11:44 AM
I thought I saw it suggested but I guess not. I'd be so down for a My Little Pony: FiM DBG. Pleaaaaaaase.

I'd be down. Mane 6 + Spike as OS cards, promo Luna?

EDIT: Would love to see Firefly. Would be a good bit of source material for a Crossover pack, and come on, who wouldn't love playing as Malcolm Reynolds on as the Hero of Canton!

Looks like UDE beat Crypto to the punch. Legendary Encounters: Firefly was revealed at NYC toy fair.

Breyfunk
02-18-2016, 11:52 AM
Looks like UDE beat Crypto to the punch. Legendary Encounters: Firefly was revealed at NYC toy fair.

Hmmm. So the question becomes, how does one integrate two totally different games into one? Challenge accepted.

misoby
02-18-2016, 12:26 PM
I would love to see a G I Joe DBG now that I think about it more ... How about a Cartoon Network style game with cartoons from the 80's / 90's

Just thinking old school cause those are the cartoons I grew up on like a mix of:

Captin power, chip an dale, camp candy, duck tales, jetsons, space ghost , M.A.S.K, voltron, thunder cats ... And that's just for the 80,s

Tailspin, darkwing duck, tiny toons, ren & stimpy, animaniacs, bonkers 90's

Bardoly
02-18-2016, 05:58 PM
A Transformers DBG would be nice, I suppose.

Mac_Apple
02-18-2016, 08:31 PM
MLP would sell well. Character list is easy, Mane 6 + Celestia and Luna
DBZ would sell like nuts if it worked well enough with DC. Maybe. Anime-based games are always something to be wary about.
Star Wars would be a hit, but I would despise it if they only did stuff from the new movie.
Doctor Who is usually a safe bet.
Game of Thrones or Walking Dead could be fun.

The4gotNdeath
02-22-2016, 03:42 PM
I remember i went to AX last year and the crypto booth had a attack on titan 3d board game.

aoineko
02-22-2016, 09:51 PM
I remember i went to AX last year and the crypto booth had a attack on titan 3d board game.

Still in production. There was a box for it shown off at a con a week ago.

midnight_rider
02-23-2016, 11:10 AM
I envision Voltron as a pure coop. Having to be able to form Voltron and maybe defeat a gauntlet of robeasts.

80's G.I.Joe would be sweet. Though there is a pseudo Joe coop dbg being kickstarted at the moment.

What about Scooby Doo? Instead of power you could have investigation.

shadowking01
02-23-2016, 12:32 PM
Maybe not as a full set but an expansion for Cartoon Network, Ben 10

misoby
02-23-2016, 04:41 PM
Gravity falls from Disney would be cool an quirky and good for a DBG

insightfulstrike
02-24-2016, 11:20 AM
I would love a Kamen Rider Deck Building game. It's coming on the 45th anniversary of the franchise, and there is enough material for there to be tons of spinoffs.

LRoq617
02-25-2016, 09:56 PM
TMNT. All day. It would work perfectly as a Cerberus title.

Fireknuckles99
02-26-2016, 12:58 PM
My wish list-

Power Rangers

Transformers

Naruto ( 2nd set )

Dragonball Z

Marvel VS DC

Mortal Kombat

Anime Mashup ( One Punch Man, DBZ, Naruto, Fairytail, etc.. )

Super smash bros- (all the characters equipment and location you have everything you need for that one.

Pokémon.

end list... lol

Breyfunk
02-26-2016, 03:14 PM
Actually, would Fringe be a possibility, since you all make the Trading cards?

shadowking01
02-27-2016, 07:42 PM
One Piece
Fairy Tail
Ben 10 Series
Generator Rex

TenDropChris
03-01-2016, 05:55 PM
I want a Toho Studios/Godzilla DBG.

Dreris
03-02-2016, 06:42 AM
Toho Godzilla I would spend for completely

For Kick you could do Gorosaurus and his Kangaroo Kick he does

jotaesethegeek
03-04-2016, 06:37 AM
I would love an entire 80s cartoons license line. GI Joe. Transformers Thundercats. TMNT. Could do a DCDB Super friends for fun.

insightfulstrike
03-05-2016, 09:54 AM
Super Friends would make for a nice crossover pack. Could include the Wonder Twins.

shadowking01
03-12-2016, 03:45 PM
What about The Legend of Zelda if Crypto could work something out with Nintendo. There is more than enough material, I think.

DimeDrl
04-01-2016, 06:06 PM
"Marvel VS DC"

If only. Upper Deck scooped Marvel and used them with Legendary DBG.

Add me to the Zelda fanboy party here. I don't envy whoever it is at Crypto that would have to talk with USAopoly about it though, since it seems like they currently hold those rights since they released the Zelda Monopoly and Yahtzee sets along with a few puzzles.

Oh, and how about a Ratchet and Clank set what with the new game and movie on the way? The equipment cards would be oh so bountiful.

rauhr2002
04-07-2016, 06:24 PM
I realize that I'm in the minority, but I would love to see either "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" or "Silent Hill" myself.

TanisFrey
05-17-2016, 12:32 AM
I think that a Celebrity Death Match DB could be a good and mature version of the cartoon network crossover DB.

czs716
05-17-2016, 07:59 AM
If we could get Mobile Suit Gundam, I'd be in heaven. There are pretty much no Gundam themed games and that was my childhood.

shadowking01
05-17-2016, 08:41 AM
Starting from UC or Gundam Wing?

czs716
05-17-2016, 04:20 PM
Starting from UC or Gundam Wing?

Preferably UC.

Would love to have:
MSG Base Set
Zeta Gundam Base Set
ZZ Crossover Pack (or maybe Base)
War in the Pocket Crossover
Stardust Memory Crossover
08th MS Team Crossover
Char's Counterattack (Crisis 1)
Gundam Unicorn as a crossover or Crisis 2

shadowking01
05-18-2016, 08:57 AM
Maybe F91 as a crossover and I don't know varied V Gundam was but either a crisis set or full set.

shadowking01
05-18-2016, 08:57 AM
And another series I think would be fun is G Gundam because it might use similar mechanics to street fighter

czs716
05-18-2016, 10:17 AM
And another series I think would be fun is G Gundam because it might use similar mechanics to street fighter

I forgot about F91. Have the DVD that took forever to find and still haven't watched it. Never watched Victory either.

I haven't played the Street Fighter game, but G Gundam is another one that would easily make a good base set with all the mobile suits and Dark Army. And of course, the Dark Gundam as the final boss. Man I don't know the chances of this ever happening, but I get excited just thinking about the possibilities. May have to try my hand at making some custom cards and see about getting a full set lol.

SpiritDetective
05-18-2016, 10:46 AM
Gundam Deck-Building would be insane.

shadowking01
05-18-2016, 11:29 AM
Gundam Fight! Ready! GO!

czs716
05-18-2016, 10:25 PM
Alright Cryptozoic, make Gundam Deck Building Game happen! Lol.

shadowking01
05-19-2016, 10:23 AM
While we're at it make a Code Geass one as well, work something out with Funimation

shadowking01
05-20-2016, 10:47 AM
Sorry not funimation, Sunrise get us both a Gundam and a Code Geass deck building game

SpiritDetective
05-20-2016, 12:11 PM
Is it Sunrise or Bandai?

Stryyder
05-20-2016, 01:15 PM
Sunrise is a subsidiary of Bandai, so technically both.

czs716
05-20-2016, 09:40 PM
So, oversized Pilot Cards... and each players deck starts out with a Mobile Suit that corresponds to the oversize pilot they have in addition to the combination of Punch/vulnerability equivalent cards.

shadowking01
05-26-2016, 09:04 AM
What about pilots that have an upgrade in the series such as Kamile Bidan to the Zeta Gundam, Heero Yuuy to the Wing Zero, Domon Kasshu to the Burning Gundam, so on and so forth.

SpiritDetective
05-26-2016, 10:43 AM
So, oversized Pilot Cards... and each players deck starts out with a Mobile Suit that corresponds to the oversize pilot they have in addition to the combination of Punch/vulnerability equivalent cards.

I'm digging this.

shadowking01
05-27-2016, 10:40 AM
@ czs716 how would you handle pilots who get upgraded suits vs ones that don't

Nidian
05-27-2016, 05:35 PM
There is a 0% chance of a Queen's Blade DBG but I would want one. Might have to make them myself.

czs716
05-27-2016, 09:35 PM
@ czs716 how would you handle pilots who get upgraded suits vs ones that don't

Hmm..... that's a tough one. I guess to be fair, all Pilots would need to be able to at least get some kind of upgrade, even if not necessarily to another mobile suit. A few thoughts come to mind, but some change the game setup quite a bit.

First idea:
Each pilot has two corresponding suits. One gets put in your starting deck, and the other gets put under your pilot card. There is a condition on your pilot card, and once met, you destroy your original suit the next time it is drawn or if it is in your discard pile, and you gain the upgraded suit from under your pilot.

Second:
There could be a variation of the hidden objective where conditions must be met, and once met you reveal it and the front is a standard mobile suit card (I guess ms would be equipment? or would it be a new card type?), but has the conditions on the bottom half, and once flipped becomes an ongoing. Example: "Zeta Gundam" Card Text: Ongoing........., Conditions: ....... If all conditions are met, reveal this card and keep it in play in front of you.

Third:
The upgraded suits go into the main deck. They have specific text like "If your oversize pilot is Amuro Ray, then +3 power. Otherwise, +1 power". All have different abilities, but basic text is, if your oversize pilot is x, then x.

Just a couple ideas. Maybe just have the most well known suit. Or the upgraded suits are like "crisis" versions. Idk, I also feel like if you have a new stack of upgrades from the start, it would just be too much.

shadowking01
05-28-2016, 02:19 AM
Maybe some sort of hp thing that once the suit is damaged enough that you can upgrade or something

czs716
05-28-2016, 08:58 PM
Maybe some sort of hp thing that once the suit is damaged enough that you can upgrade or something

Damage tokens rather than victory tokens? Each player starts out with the same amount and attack/defense comes into play. But if the suits are better then that would make you sort of want to get attacked or whatever.

Maybe upgrade tokens.. Once you gain enough upgrade tokens, you can spend them on gaining the upgraded suit from under your pilot. They could also double as a carry over power so you could cash them in and spend them as power.

DimeDrl
05-30-2016, 01:55 AM
Adapt the Versus system by reversing it. Include multiple oversize cards for each pilot. When a player meets a certain requirement, they upgrade suits by changing to the better suit.

shadowking01
05-30-2016, 09:09 AM
Ships, equipment, different colonies from the different era, the possibilities are endless especially if they can work something out to get Code Geass included as well.

TenDropChris
06-23-2016, 07:28 PM
Since SEGA will probably never get its own mascot fighting game like Smash Brothers or Playstation All Stars Battle Royale
I'll nominate the SEGA DBG.
Heroes could inclue Sonic the Hedgehog, Gulius Thunderhead or Tyris Flare from the Golden Axe series, the ninja from the Shinobi series, Vector Man,. Ecco the dolphin. etc

Plenty of super powers, equipment, locations and villains for several releases of the game.

shadowking01
06-24-2016, 02:53 PM
Sonic for Hire theme pack

TPlush
07-04-2016, 01:48 PM
I would definitely buy both Nintendo and Star Wars based ones. Would probably have to do each trilogy as a set. I really don't see how a single movie could work, not enough villains or heroes.

DimeDrl
07-04-2016, 09:11 PM
I would think Star Wars would be done as eras. TOS era, prequel era, epilogue era, KOTOR era, ect... And the "smaller" things would probably be add-on sets, such as Clone Wars, Rebels, Rogue One, the video games, book series and all. I'm figuring the multiseason cartoons would probably be multiple numbered add-on sets.

Dynamoic
08-31-2016, 11:59 PM

I think someone already made one. Not sure if its a fan made thing or not though. Would be good if Cryptozoic got the license.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/115213/custom-expansion-transformers-all-hail-megatron

Arrojacast
10-08-2016, 08:20 PM
I think someone already made one. Not sure if its a fan made thing or not though. Would be good if Cryptozoic got the license.

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/115213/custom-expansion-transformers-all-hail-megatron

It is fan made.

I think a Final Fantasy DBG could be good (or maybe Kingdom hearts!)

As for the Marvel VS DC, I believe all Amalgam Comics characters are fair game, so the could sort of do that.

GuruGuru214
10-08-2016, 10:53 PM
(or maybe Kingdom hearts!)

That could be amazing. I can't stress enough how much I would love that.

DimeDrl
10-09-2016, 04:58 PM
That could be amazing. I can't stress enough how much I would love that.

And all it would take is working with Disney and Square Enix to use their IP...

Oh well. Was a wonderful dream though.

Arrojacast
10-09-2016, 08:26 PM
And all it would take is working with Disney and Square Enix to use their IP...

Oh well. Was a wonderful dream though.

Far too beautiful for this world.

GuruGuru214
10-10-2016, 04:22 PM
If it was just either one of the companies, I could see there being a sliver of a chance. With both, though, that licensing agreement is a fairy tale.

DimeDrl
10-10-2016, 09:44 PM
If it was just either one of the companies, I could see there being a sliver of a chance. With both, though, that licensing agreement is a fairy tale.

Doth are the legends of a time long forgotten, of a place where fanciful dreams of splendor and wonder were not but the reach of a hand to know. Alas, those times of happiness and joy faded and the dream became the untouchable to the mere hands of man. Only the sweet thoughts of rest forevermore.

Arrojacast
10-18-2016, 06:04 PM
Doth are the legends of a time long forgotten, of a place where fanciful dreams of splendor and wonder were not but the reach of a hand to know. Alas, those times of happiness and joy faded and the dream became the untouchable to the mere hands of man. Only the sweet thoughts of rest forevermore.

Such elegant prose.

shadowking01
01-07-2017, 03:49 PM
I think a Fairy Tail deck building game would be awesome

TenDropChris
06-24-2018, 10:43 AM
Just going to perform some thread necromancy here...

After seeing Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom last night, I'd love a DBG based around that franchise.

Instead of Hero or Villian cards-you could have "human" and "dinosaur". Super power could be replaced by something like " Survival Tactic" or something.

shadowking01
07-02-2018, 10:19 AM
My Hero Academia another perfect one and since Funimation has the anime license maybe crypto and funimation could work something out similar to the Attack on Titan situation

tripwyrex
07-08-2018, 06:34 AM
You could totally play Mortal Kombat (or any PvP Fight VG) as a Confrontations/Rivals-based game. I'm running a home-brew of these rules at Gen Con this year using Injustice: Gods Among Us and Injustice II as the theme. Play tested pretty well so far.

tripwyrex
07-08-2018, 06:38 AM
I second this Motion (My Hero Academia). Using Quirks in place of Super Powers. Maybe with a focus on Weaknesses having a more elaborate impacts than simply -1VP.

AaronH
07-08-2018, 06:29 PM
I've said it before (and probably will again), but my top "dream" license for a Cerberus engine game is Harry Potter. Dragon Ball Z would be great, too.

Matt_Hyra
07-09-2018, 10:34 PM
I second this Motion (My Hero Academia). Using Quirks in place of Super Powers. Maybe with a focus on Weaknesses having a more elaborate impacts than simply -1VP.

Well, there goes that:

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/40803/my-hero-academia-the-card-game?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

shadowking01
07-11-2018, 01:06 PM
awww. You could still work out something with funimation or the company that created it, its a card game not a deck building game, there can be multiple card games in the running how you guys worked with Cartoon Network along with USAopoly for there being both the multiple rick and morty games you have where they released Rick and Morty Munchkin and Rick and Morty Monopoly

vato315
07-20-2018, 11:13 AM
I'm still waiting for more Arrow-verse shows to show up. That Legends of Tomorrow pack would be fire.

vato315
07-22-2018, 11:03 AM
Breaking Bad would be an awesome DBG. I just want to see blue meth as an equipment card.

vato315
07-22-2018, 11:33 AM
Now this might be totally out of Left field but I've been watching A LOT of Riverdale lately. This could have a theme of where one of the players has become the new Black Hood vigilante. It could incorporate the watchmen mechanic where everyone is trying to complete objectives but if the secret Black Hood character completes theirs first they win. Could be a lot of alliances made and even more double crosses, very much like the show.

DimeDrl
07-23-2018, 12:22 AM
Breaking Bad would be an awesome DBG. I just want to see blue meth as an equipment card.

Wouldn't it be a superpower since if you're on meth, you think you can fly?