PDA

View Full Version : Is the Hex API for Collection tracking running quickly now?

Yoss
02-08-2016, 07:53 PM
I had turned it off a few patches back because it was bogging down at the end of Draft, for example. Chris has posted that it would be fixed in a future patch. Has this happened? Is the API in a state where performance isn't impacted in any noticeable way? I'd like to get back to auto-tracking my collection if possible.

Halsey
02-08-2016, 11:46 PM
I still notice the lag, but it hasn't been near as bad or hanging up on me completely since the PvE patch. Your mileage may vary.

Unspecified
02-09-2016, 03:32 AM
I have had the collection sync api.ini file turned on since the PvE patch for hex.tcgbrowser.com (I assume this is the one you are talking about).

I have not experienced any significant problems at all. There is still a slight bit of extra load time opening packs or finishing a draft but it's maybe 5 seconds. The biggest problem is that causes any video playing on my second monitor to stutter when I finish drafting as it loads into the deck builder (I just pause the video for 5 seconds or so).

The other big issue (thought mostly an annoyance) is that something causes my collection to bloat dramatically from time to time (like it saying I have 54 spare Angel of Dawns). The solution is to quit Hex, log back in, and then force an sync by posting and cancelling something to the AH.

tl;dr Yeah it works well enough to just leave it turned on but sometimes the sync messes up and you have to restart the game and resync.

dbug
02-09-2016, 03:44 AM
I have talked about the size of the collection messages with Chris and the API messages probably gets compressed (gzip?) in the future. With my collection message, this would reduce the size of the message to 1/50.
So there is a chance, this gets much better soon(TM).

Veetor
02-09-2016, 10:16 AM
Unofficially, yes. The messages from the API should be getting smaller/faster/better, soon...

Yoss
02-09-2016, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the info.

Saeijou
02-09-2016, 02:42 PM
it is fine, i use the api again :)