PDA

View Full Version : I need red and/or purp deck ideas for tomb of the rose knights

Losse
02-09-2016, 07:02 PM
I completed all of it except the last boss and even that I got down to super super close, one more play and i'd had it. But it was all fairly brutal.

I got an orc cleric.

Pretty much using this: http://www.hexprimal.com/hex-pve-campaign-orc-cleric-guide/

but it doesnt seem that great for this dungeon and there is a ton of luck involved

creature
02-09-2016, 07:29 PM
I beat it with a pure blood orc warrior, but it was a very difficult fight and luck was on my side. I found that you want to put as many troops as you can on the board and then swing for lethal just before the transformation. I attacked him at 26 health with maybe 4-5 rage troops and knocked him down to one. That extra 1 ticked away when it became his turn again. I imagine gorefeast would really help in a ruby deck. Hunger of the Mountain God with equipment could also hit him pretty hard.

Evilgm
02-10-2016, 02:54 AM
Yeah, it's now my belief that Hunger of the Mountain God is the solution to about 97% of problems faced by Blood decks ;)

Unspecified
02-10-2016, 02:56 AM
If you're willing to use spiders just load the chained goliaths deck with spiders and hold everything back then when he breaks the chains you get tons of free spiders. It's easy from there.

Gryffe
02-10-2016, 04:08 AM
Put Hunger of the Moutain God in your deck.
Mulligan until you have it in your starting hand.
Watch has he get +2/+2 every turn thanks to the Goliath passive.

BTRC
02-10-2016, 04:30 AM
Since I'm the guy who wrote the mono-Ruby Orc Cleric guide you referred to, here's two ways that I did it.

1) Set up a massive Rage/Crushing Blow alpha strike to hit him just before he goes off. This is easiest if you start with a Quash Ridge Tusker with extra Rage or a Goremaster with Rage. This has the added benefit that even if you don't quite knock him to zero, you will pick up a metric ass-ton of life to help tide you over until you can whittle away his last few points.

2) Ping him down but hold a bunch of stuff back in your hand for after his boardwipe. Being able to drop a couple Ruby Aura'd swiftstrikers to deal with his attackers (especially if life-gaining Clerics), holding back Burn for critical threats and such, and you simply endure until his hand runs out and then knock him down.

3) If you want to deviate from the all-Orc format, add in a couple Adaptatrons. If you time it right you can make it big enough to survive the boardwipe (defense of 9) and with life gain and swiftstrike it really helps stabilize and turn things around. Otherwise there is really nothing in the mono-Ruby Orc Cleric format that survives the board clearing.

Personally, with this particular theme deck I found the Killipedes harder than the Chained Goliath or Devonshire.

Vorpal
02-10-2016, 08:57 AM
Blood is in good shape with hunger of the mountain god

Ruby aggro decks will suffer, as his board wipe is intensely anti-aggro.

Try to set up for a one turn 'alpha strike' where you finish him off. Things like gore feast and crushing blow with equipment, etc.

Avoid things like savage raider and ruby aura that you might normally use.

Losse
02-10-2016, 07:40 PM
Thanks all this is a great community.

Took 5 full runs, so much random stuff can happen like shard screwed, etc etc, then have to run the whole daim thing again. At least in world fights you can just grind away on the same fight. Tried a 30% blood 70% ruby deck on last try, worked ok. Some of the first battles were harder with it, but gave me a chance to get 3 win cards that way instead of just 2.

Win cards being as mentioned, Hunger of Mountain God, Xocoy, Gore Feast. Throwing in throat cutters ended up being very good too with all orcs.

This is pretty brutal from a new players perspective. I kind of hope they nerf it eventually but ohwell. I will pick an OP class/race next time IF there is such a thing for all fights in general

YourOpponent
02-11-2016, 12:47 AM
Army of the Arcane Cinder could be an interesting choice for those that want to try to endure things after the wipe. I wouldn't advise more than 2 in a deck though, but Gore Feast and Xocoy I'd agree would be the way to go for an Orc deck.

ShloobeR
02-11-2016, 12:56 AM
Incidentally, harvest of sorrow is also a very effective card in this encounter if you do fail the alpha swing/go for the post transformation game.