PDA

View Full Version : Do you run warriors in your warrior deck?

Losse
02-15-2016, 08:20 PM
To get the extra charges?

Oroniss
02-15-2016, 08:25 PM
In my elf warrior deck, yes.
In my human warrior deck I have gone for the training talents so don't bother with trying to force the class in my troop selection.

Losse
02-15-2016, 08:30 PM
Yeah, im using elf and having that crutch for mana when your shard screwd really helps in dungeons or so it seems. Do you go with +2 charge -7hp?

Goliath764
02-15-2016, 08:39 PM
Yes on my Orc Warrior. Battle that hit 3 by default is awesome and there are plenty of Orc Warriors out there.

sukebe
02-15-2016, 08:39 PM
To get the extra charges?

that depends if I am focusing on the Battle charge power or the training talents. I usually focus on the battle charge power so I do usually try to fit as many useful warriors as I can into my deck so I can use my charge power as often as possible.

Yeah, im using elf and having that crutch for mana when your shard screwd really helps in dungeons or so it seems. Do you go with +2 charge -7hp?

If I focus on the Battle charge power I always take that talent. Since this is my favorite way to build a warrior right now I always end up taking it :-)

Hrinkell
02-16-2016, 03:32 AM
I plan on trying Dwarf-Warrior around Mistlord to absolutely lock the board. Feedback tomorrow morning CET :D

Khazrakh
02-16-2016, 04:08 AM
Really depends on what I want to do. In my current Orc Warrior deck I only run warriors but there are tons of very solid Orc Warriors out there so you're not losing much.

Ogodei
02-16-2016, 05:09 AM
It works nicely with Arena Regular plus equipment (http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/cards/cardid=579&search=arena+regular). With my human warrior I played a :diamond::ruby: deck with mostly human & orc warriors (Ardent only, so Ardent Recruiter worked nicely). For the endgame I switched to pure :diamond: though and also included stuff like Living Totems and other cheap troops with more than one toughness as well as as much lifedrain and swiftstrike as I could find (Deathless Guardian, Highlands Shinobi, Spearcliff Cloud Knight, Princess Victoria, Quick Strider, etc). This plus lots of removal (Pride's Fall, Repel, Meek, etc) did the trick with Wiktor & Killipede.

wolzarg
02-16-2016, 05:18 AM
I plan on trying Dwarf-Warrior around Mistlord to absolutely lock the board. Feedback tomorrow morning CET :D
I really worry something solid like this will come out and force them to change the power. It just seems like while its cool to use it once in a while using it every turn is fairly broken.

Saeijou
02-16-2016, 08:45 AM
with my dwarf warrior i only run robots... so no :)

Kliphph
02-16-2016, 12:37 PM
I'm trying a Dwarven Warrior as mono Diamond (for farming the Smoldering Dead) and find warrior affinity really useful for the charges to keep electro stun going.

Some of the better ones in diamond are Deathless Guardian with Guardian's Aegis (prevent all non combat damage to non opposing warriors) since it also protects yourself being a warrior from burning, damage from cards in hand, and the Blight Magus charge ability. Also keeps the team alive after the Goliath's unchaining card comes down. The Highland Shinobi is also a star winner as he can exhaust an opposing troop whenever you play a warrior. I'm also using the Chimera Guard Fallen/ Outrider combo as well as Deepgaze Champion to make use of the free necrotic yeti from that dungeon. Both the Spearcliff Cloud Knight and Cavalier are also amazing for lifedrain to sustain oneself.

Before that I was doing Ruby/ Sapphire Warriors with Glendower, War Machinist, and Highlands Blackbelt with Doppelgadget shenanigans (to create more Blackbelt actions for example) alongside Mimic, Heroic Echo, Replicate Reinforcements and Replicators Trance to make them into artifact warriors.

I still think the Cleric's lifedrain affinity talent is a way more powerful an effect, but being able to power up stunlock and discards from concussive strikes is so much more fun.

Xavon
02-16-2016, 01:06 PM
I have a number of warriors in my Shin'hare Warrior's deck. Though some are Coyotle.

Lafoote
02-16-2016, 05:24 PM
I'm playing Orcs. With the Arena Regular + Brutal Commander it's a huge amount of damage. Fetch more Regulars with BC, spam other warriors, pop Battle power. Win.

On my Dwarf I only played a few. Pretty much just War Machinist and Scraptech.

CoS
02-16-2016, 06:10 PM
Looking for a good Dimond Dwarf Warrior stun-lock deck list :)

Showsni
02-16-2016, 07:23 PM

It's when you play a Warrior. Not when one comes into play. So, Mistlord does nothing. Well, unless you're Misting Charge Bots. :)

MaximumSquid
02-17-2016, 12:40 PM
It's good at low levels with Arena Regular or Howling Brave if you went Elf, but soon after that you'll just go for better synergy

My current Deck's only warrior is Brutal Commander
My Elf Ramp Deck's only warrior is Howling Brave
I found Blood Warrior decks to be good, but slow
Diamond Warrior is even slower and Sapphire uses robots as someone else mentioned

I'm speculating that a higher Level Shin-Hare Warrior will want it so you can beef up Hunger of the Mountain God 2 turns in a row

Hope this helps

whiteyzz
02-17-2016, 03:10 PM
It's when you play a Warrior. Not when one comes into play. So, Mistlord does nothing. Well, unless you're Misting Charge Bots. :) If he mist lords a charge hulk i guess it could be possible to get it every turn.

Cainhu
02-18-2016, 01:51 AM
For my Coyotle Warrior deck I play 9 warriors, and it really helps to use my charge power. On the other hand, my Vennen warrior deck has only 1 warrior in it, and it still works.

Cyndus
02-18-2016, 02:48 AM
As far as shin'hare warriors go, the basic aggro swarmer deck sees benefit from running some, especially since each charge point is worth more due to the lowered power cost. Ronins are good one drops and they're warriors, the Rune Ears are warriors apart from the tunneler ones... At least in race there aren't enough to stack a deck with them and stick to the bunny swarm archetype, but there are enough good ones to see a few in the deck and benefit from the synergy if you're tending more toward wild than blood. Blood doesn't really have enough warrior bunnies for it to work well.

Hrinkell
02-18-2016, 05:53 AM
If he mist lords a charge hulk i guess it could be possible to get it every turn.

I wanted a warrior-themed deck... but Mistlord doesn't trigger warrior charge, so no way...

Altima
02-18-2016, 05:58 AM
I play Warrior Shin'hare. Almost all of my troops are warrior mixing between Shin'hare and Orc.
Most of Shin'hare I use are good in itself like Ronin, Rune ear elite/commander with equipment and Sora.
I really like it so far because I can use my battle almost every turn :)

Fred
02-18-2016, 08:04 AM
I play a Warrior Elf with a typical ramp W/R deck. The warriors I put are Howling Brave, Mentor of Oakhenge and Tempestuous Bladedancer.

An ideal hand goes like this:

(Start the game with 2 charges)
Turn 1: Wild shard (gain a charge) into Chlorophyllia (with equip for cost -1) into Howling Brave (gain a charge). Battle the opposing champion for 2 more resources into Lithe Lyricist
Turn 2: Ruby shard + Exhaust Howling Brave into Tempestuous Bladedancer (or any other 5-drop)

Sometimes, I get a Periwinkle out first and the Bladedancer waits turn 3 to get doubled.

Graydeath
02-18-2016, 09:05 AM
With my Orc warrior i play most warrior to get the most by Arena regular

whiteyzz
02-19-2016, 12:21 PM
I wanted a warrior-themed deck... but Mistlord doesn't trigger warrior charge, so no way...

WARBOT When this enters play, gain two charges.

Mistlord puts him out and back into play once every turn. So that's 4 charges a turn, it doesn't need to proc affinity for warriors

BenRGamer
02-19-2016, 01:37 PM
I play Warrior Shin'hare. Almost all of my troops are warrior mixing between Shin'hare and Orc.
Most of Shin'hare I use are good in itself like Ronin, Rune ear elite/commander with equipment and Sora.
I really like it so far because I can use my battle almost every turn :)

Shin'hare Warrior with a Warrior Affinity Deck with Bellow of Briggadon with Equipment is just hilarious.

Poetic
02-20-2016, 05:31 AM
Mono blood orc warrior, majority of the troops are warrior. Once more of the grid opens up, I'll probably shoot for 100% warrior.