PDA

View Full Version : New ideas for Hex - for developers. by Evilmark

evilmark
02-17-2016, 07:04 AM
I begin by thanking you for the wonderful work you are doing.
Hex is a really interesting game. For a long time I have played different card game, but this one has something that can fly it at the top.
Evaluating and testing the game, I noticed, though, that the game could achieve greater success if some options were implemented.

Thi is the list of all my ideas:

- Album of Cards: a virtual album that offers the opportunity for all players to be able to view all existing cards. In this way, even new players can use gold and platinum in the most appropriate way to buy cards for create deck, thinking about all the possible variants.

- Multi Language in game: you can switch the language while you are logged in. in this way, although, looking deck recipes on the internet (if they were written in other languages), the user may, by changing the language in the game, find the cards and read it as best.

- Single Match: ability to choose, during a fight with a friend, to can play one game (single game) or 3 (who wins two games is the winner). Possibility to select if play with or without Hero Items too.

- Custom Tournaments: Current tournaments are very beautiful, but are limited to the platinum price and packs. It would be fabulous if you could create tournaments (free or password) where user decide the price in gold. For example: I create tournament to eight players, bet 500 gold. All players give a bet of 500 gold. At the end of the tournament, the top 3 players divide up the golds, in percentages relative to their performance.

- Gold Tournaments: these tournaments would be managed by the game creators. Under tournaments there would be platinum tournaments, but also the gold tournaments. In these, the inscription would pay in gold (I think a minimum of 500). In a tournament of 8 players, the top 3 earn gold in proportion to their performance. In addition, the first would get (1 legendary, a rare and uncommon card). The second one (1 rare card and 2 uncommon). The third gets (3 uncommon).

- Flashing Messages: When a friend writes to you, a little number appears in a low angle, and often players do not see. If it were flashing number (with trill effect) would surely be more visible. Even better if the top-right of the screen appeared messages, like "Mark wrote you," when there comes a chat message.

- Frost Arena: the ice arena is perfect, the computer fights very well, however the gold awards (although growing along the way) would attract more if they were more conspicuous in gold.

- Dictionary Hex: a collection of all the terms used in the game with their explanation. For example the effect of the cards, etc. (in multilanguage).

I congratulate you for the excellent work, and I hope (maybe not all) some of my ideas may seem interesting. If all of them, or any of them, will be evaluated, it will be a success for me. If it will be implemented in the game, I think that definitely increase the number of players and the game will be perfect!

Thanks for your kind attention you have given me! Hex is great!

Evilmark

Yoss
02-17-2016, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the interest!

- Album of Cards: a virtual album that offers the opportunity for all players to be able to view all existing cards. In this way, even new players can use gold and platinum in the most appropriate way to buy cards for create deck, thinking about all the possible variants.
This is already somewhat available. In the card filter, you can select "Show All Items" and it will show everything in the game, even things you do not own.

- Single Match: ability to choose, during a fight with a friend, to can play one game (single game) or 3 (who wins two games is the winner). Possibility to select if play with or without Hero Items too.
Agreed.

- Custom Tournaments: Current tournaments are very beautiful, but are limited to the platinum price and packs. It would be fabulous if you could create tournaments (free or password) where user decide the price in gold. For example: I create tournament to eight players, bet 500 gold. All players give a bet of 500 gold. At the end of the tournament, the top 3 players divide up the golds, in percentages relative to their performance.

- Gold Tournaments: these tournaments would be managed by the game creators. Under tournaments there would be platinum tournaments, but also the gold tournaments. In these, the inscription would pay in gold (I think a minimum of 500). In a tournament of 8 players, the top 3 earn gold in proportion to their performance. In addition, the first would get (1 legendary, a rare and uncommon card). The second one (1 rare card and 2 uncommon). The third gets (3 uncommon).
Tournaments are how Hex makes money. If they offer this service for free, there's nothing left for them to make money and the game will die.

- Flashing Messages: When a friend writes to you, a little number appears in a low angle, and often players do not see. If it were flashing number (with trill effect) would surely be more visible. Even better if the top-right of the screen appeared messages, like "Mark wrote you," when there comes a chat message.
I agree, whispers could be a bit more aggressively displayed. Meanwhile, General Chat should shut up and stop bothering me (no notifications at all for General Chat).

evilmark
02-17-2016, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the fast reply. Indeed I have seen that the way to see all the cards work.
As for the Custom Tournament and Gold Tournament, which I mentioned, I understand that the game lives for platinum tournaments, in fact I was not asking for the abolition, but the addition of the gold version. The platinum tournaments would always higher premiums, while gold would only be a lite version with significantly lower payouts. Just to give the possibility to enlarge the Gold economy and also give opportunities to those who do not pay, to can try the taste of the tournaments.

In any case the game is really nice, and definitely I will continue to explore the great world of Hex! Cya bro! and Thx!!

Evilmark