PDA

View Full Version : I Have to Say, Blood Orcs Are...

hitchslap88
02-17-2016, 02:32 PM
...So much fun in Campaign. I feel like they've concentrated on the theme of empowerment through bloodshed and pain incredibly well.

I just finished the battle against the Dragon Guard Blockade with my mono-Blood PVE Orc Warrior deck, an encounter which I think is one of the best at merging narrative and play. I don't often think of PVE from an RP perspective, but I imagined my blunt, brooding Orc Warrior facing down a well defended mountain pass blockade, a terse exchange, a charge by the Dragon Guard. Shots from the Turreted Walls taken in the Warrior's chest, the Bloodsoaked Brawler darting past guardsmen, smashing their heads with her knuckles, the Throat Cutter following like a shark in her wake. Then the axe in the Captain's chest, the Cutter's coup-de-grace! Footfalls of panicked flight through the gorge, pounding like the heart of Kog'Tepetl in the ears of the sanguinary Orcs standing transfixed in zealous rapture.

Well done, HexEnt :)

pyrovoice
02-18-2016, 12:12 PM
monoblood orc ? I want that decklist :D Are you playing darkspire sacrifice or something ?

Barkam
02-18-2016, 12:23 PM
I think he made the mountain god d3ck.

hitchslap88
02-18-2016, 04:13 PM
I'm at work waiting for the patcher to do its thing, but I'm pretty sure this is exactly the deck I'm using:

http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=24128

The starting Rage 1 Orc racial is absurdly good when it hits something like Bloodsoaked Brawler. The deck has less removal than you might expect, but that's why you're playing a Warrior. Choose the talents that reduce the cost of battle and give you a charge when a warrior enters play. Many Warriors take Parry, but I don't since damage dealt to you pumps Hunger of the Mountain God and gets you closer to +2/+2 for your Fangs of the Mountain God. The deck bleeds life as you'd expect, but rarely takes damage from the opponent due to Battle and Darkspire chump blockers.