PDA

View Full Version : does each copy of firestorm get their own card list?

unclebill
02-17-2016, 03:55 PM
Was wondering if each copy of firestorm gets its own list of cards to copy or do they all use the same card list put on top of the oversize-hero card? This should also affect cards that copy or clone firestorm. We've been playing all use the same list but it could be done otherwise.
BTW: We have all version of dc-heroes in play.

BenJazz
02-17-2016, 05:21 PM
I would assume Firestorm will look at the cards on top of the Over-sized Character of the player who is currently playing it.

Example: Player A has 3 cards on his O-S Character and is the owner of Firestorm. Player B, who currently has 0 cards on his character, plays an effect that allows him to play Player A's Firestorm. Firestorm adds the top card of Player B's deck on top of Player B's O-S Character and has the text of that card. Firestorm does not look at Player A's cards on their character or uses Player A's top card of his deck for the effect.

I do not know though if that card on Player B's character card is destroyed since Player B is no longer in control of Firestorm at end of turn. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong as I do not have the card in front of me.

bigtipper
02-17-2016, 06:00 PM
Like Ben said, if you reveal another player's card and play it, it counts as your own (for that moment). For example, if you reveal an opponent's card that has an Attack, you wouldn't attack yourself, since it is considered your card. The exception to this rule is if the card specifically said "its owner's..." which I don't think the text on Firestorm reads.

BenJazz
02-17-2016, 09:18 PM
Just double checked. Firestorm is not owner specific so it works as if they player using it "owned" it. Additionally, the cards are destroyed from on top of the O-S Character at the end of the game so being able to play an opponents Firestorm multiple times does stack affects.

unclebill
02-18-2016, 04:39 PM
Thanks Guys, but I was thinking more along the lines of what if there were multiple copies of firestorm in your deck. Would each get their own stack on the oversized-hero?

bigtipper
02-18-2016, 05:19 PM
Thanks Guys, but I was thinking more along the lines of what if there were multiple copies of firestorm in your deck. Would each get their own stack on the oversized-hero?

I would play it as one Firestorm stack per player. If you happen to have 2 Firestorms in your deck, then you'll be able to use/build that stack more often.

Carthain
02-19-2016, 10:21 AM
I would play it as one Firestorm stack per player. If you happen to have 2 Firestorms in your deck, then you'll be able to use/build that stack more often.
That's how I'd go. Same as if you play Firestorm, and then use Clayface as a copy of Firestorm -- it'd just continue to add to the "Firestorm stack" on your oversided Hero/Villian.