PDA

View Full Version : Minipets, or just playing fields with animated creatures

Clawdius
02-17-2016, 08:55 PM
As the title says, a piece of in-game swag that would be really awesome would be minipets that would crawl around on your side of the board in game. A baby yeti, kicking up dust on the board while you play in drafts or what have you would really be cool. Failing that though, just more active/animated playing fields with creatures on them would be appealing as well and I know you guys are planning to allow us to acquire new playing fields at some point so maybe that would be easier.

NOBLEReverter
02-17-2016, 09:00 PM
+1

As long as we can have AA EA minipets. I need to make sure my Baby Yeti pet is fabulous.

Voormas
02-18-2016, 02:25 AM
Googly-eye stickers you can place on your cards

Salverus
02-18-2016, 02:38 AM
even more animations? no thank you, already cant run hex anymore.

Clawdius
02-18-2016, 10:16 AM

I'd imagine that optimizations will literally have to come down the pipe when they start working on the tablet client. It's a shame, though, that so many people have performance issues. I've upgraded a decent gaming PC to be VR capable and as such have never had any performance problems with Hex.

You make a good point though, so I'll add a caveat for people who have performance issues or feel they're distracting, an option that simply made them statues that stood next to your deck on the playing field is a good call if they consider this.

Yoss
02-18-2016, 10:49 PM

This. The game is such a resource hog already.

Clawdius
02-19-2016, 03:02 PM
This. The game is such a resource hog already.

Well I'll assume you read my other response to offer a lower resource cost visual for the items, and didn't just post without reading the thread. I just want to point out that game optimization and the implementation of new features are not mutually exclusive actions.

I'd very much expect that even if Hex Entertainment LLC loves the idea it would be far, far, far down on the priority list. By then, the game could be less of a resource hog, the future is a big place. https://xkcd.com/209/