PDA

View Full Version : I detest the screen shake

Lafoote
02-18-2016, 01:09 PM
:mad:

The new lines and colors are nice though.

Aradon
02-18-2016, 01:30 PM
Yeah, screen shake should only be appropriate for 8+ damage or something. Hitting someone for 2 damage doesn't really merit a visual cue.

Mejis
02-18-2016, 03:45 PM
:mad:

The new lines and colors are nice though.

I may be in the minority by saying I like it. But I can understand why some wouldn't.
Perhaps if it scaled (max being where it is currently) based on dmg amount.

GobBluth
02-18-2016, 03:47 PM
I have to agree with you. I'm not a fan of it. I don't want to see Hex make their animation more like Hearthstone. Would be cool if we had an option to disable some of the secondary animations.

xanbie
02-18-2016, 08:16 PM
I hate this screen shake, reminds me of all the ruble crap that started with the N64 and I still hate today. have an option to turn it off. And when foil cards are added in make an option to turn that off too.

gold41
02-18-2016, 09:01 PM
Not a fan of the screen shake at all. It is bad enough that I will stop playing until i can shut it off, it is that annoying to me.

Yoss
02-18-2016, 10:20 PM
I could dig it if it only triggered when taking a large amount of damage (8 or more? 10 or more?). Otherwise, it's just annoying.

I agree the rest of the battle updates are nice.

Tazelbain
02-19-2016, 09:04 AM
What you don't think striking for 0 damage is an earth shaking experience?

Let us turn it off. It's terrible.

Halsey
02-19-2016, 09:41 AM
Add me to the list of people that really want to be able to turn the screen shake off.

I came home last night after a long day and went to relax with a bit of PvE, and got a headache instead. It's going to seriously derail my playtime if it stays unavoidable. This will stop being my "unwind for a bit game", because it's having the opposite effect.

I know you guys, (Hex ent), love your graphical effects and eye candy, but between the resource use and the overloading of visuals, (in my opinion obviously, I'm sure some love it), we are already past a point where the game really needs options to turn off / tone down some of it, Both for performance reasons, and just pure taste preference. With the screen shake you may be entering the realm where people with conditions like epilepsy or vertigo may have honest medical reasons for wanting to tone it down somewhat.

madar
02-19-2016, 10:21 AM
Yep, everything is nice, but please, give an option to turn the shake off.

catfarmer13
02-19-2016, 03:27 PM
Ha!

I came to make a thread about this and I'm glad to see I ain't the only one.

The screen shake NEEDS an immediate OFF switch in the options.

I get a nauseous feeling every time something does one damage.

A literal nauseous feeling not a metaphor.

This probably not as serious as the flashing effects/ epileptic seizures thing in games I have read about, but you would think anyone in the video game industry would be aware of that and think before adding something like this to a game with no option to turn it off.

I beg of you to remove it or give us an OFF switch,so I can go back to being upset about random hard crashing every 15 minutes!

Oh and...how unaware do they think we are that this is even needed?

I am perfectly capable of noticing when my opponent does damage to me, really I am...

Could be wrong about this as I have not tested it, but I seem to remember this triggers even if you have Armor 1 and they attack you with a 1/1?

If that's the case it's not only unnecessary, but badly implemented...

Quantius
02-19-2016, 03:35 PM
I don't mind it too much, but I do think it's hilarious that it doesn't trigger on large amounts of damage. I swing with a 1/1, BOOM! HEADSHOT! lol come on.

Xavon
02-19-2016, 03:52 PM
Yeah, this could go away and it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit.

BenRGamer
02-19-2016, 07:53 PM
I like the screen shake, myself. Gives a nice bit of feedback.

Kilo24
02-19-2016, 08:44 PM
I do like the screen shake, but it is currently rather excessive. I'd support scaling it down significantly for small amounts of damage.

Clawdius
02-20-2016, 02:37 PM
Yep, everything is nice, but please, give an option to turn the shake off.

Don't worry, I'm sure it's coming soon™! Just like the option to disable Extended Art was coming soon™ in May of last year when they implemented EA.

catfarmer13
02-20-2016, 06:12 PM
I have gotten in the habit of closing my eyes to avoid the stomach rolls.

Weird to do but an effective work around.

Deathlock
02-20-2016, 07:14 PM
I like this effect, but I'm ok to have an option to turn it off.