PDA

View Full Version : More Communication when there is a Bug

Brjuntinaar
02-19-2016, 11:35 AM
After reading through the patch notes, I noticed this line: "Soul of Raqqar no longer incorrectly drops from Devonshire packs". I'm not sure how many Devonshire packs I have opened now, but from those packs I opened 5 Souls of Raqqar and 0 Lady Devonshires. Now, someone had made a thread in the bug report forum (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=47697) about this issue, and I posted there, asking for some sort of confirmation as to whether or not the Soul of Raqqar being in the pack was a bug or not. There was no response. And because there was no response, after waiting a bit for one, I went on opening my Devonshire packs, thinking that it was not a bug.

If this game is going to be called an MMO, when there is a bug in the drops for a particular dungeon, and there is an easy way to avoid that bug (by not opening the packs), then we need to get some sort of official word as to whether it is a bug. This matters to the players who are putting time from their lives into playing these dungeons with the hopes of opening certain things from the packs.

Yesterday, I opened a ticket for this issue, hoping for two of my Souls of Raqqar (i.e. half of the ones i opened from Devonshire packs) to be switched out for Lady Devonshires. That request was denied. And that is very frustrating to me. If any official word had come out about this issue early on, I would have held off on opening my packs, and in place of the Souls of Raqqar I opened, there would have been Lady Devonshires. Yeah, I realize that neither of these cards is worth a huge amount of platinum, but its still pretty frustrating.

katkillad
02-19-2016, 12:01 PM
Yea, looking over the bug fixes it's hard not to feel somewhat punished for being finished with the content already. Had we known early that there were issues with some things not dropping in packs we could have saved those packs and opened them when they were fixed maybe. Obviously they might not have known from the start, but telling us when they knew would have been helpful.

Like wasn't there a 10+ page thread about trying to figure out some secret in the game and it turns out it was just that the vultures weren't dropping like they should have? Rather than letting people waste their time, they definitely should have squashed that immediately and told us the issue.

Xexist
02-19-2016, 12:06 PM
pre patch I got 3 lady devons and no raqqar. Guess I just got lucky.

Salverus
02-19-2016, 12:22 PM
i dont think it matters much, if they communicated clearly everyone would have hold back and lady devonshire would be the same price as raqqar.
and even if you beat the thorn knight before yesterday's patch. you still received the vulture card, so I see no problem there either.
Devs spend their time well improving the game, no need to inform us about every minor detail, just let focus on the real issues so those get fixed faster.

Brjuntinaar
02-19-2016, 12:29 PM
i dont think it matters much, if they communicated clearly everyone would have hold back and lady devonshire would be the same price as raqqar.

Ummm exactly? So it's a good thing that the price of the one card is what it is because there was a bug in the game for the first 4 weeks of PVE release?

Devs spend their time well improving the game, no need to inform us about every minor detail, just let focus on the real issues so those get fixed faster.
The devs already do that to a degree, but if you look at most other MMOs, the ones that are run well simply inform people when there is a bug and that the devs are aware of it. Typing that and posting it on the forums takes about 5 minutes or less, and it especially important when it can save the players time / effort.

katkillad
02-19-2016, 12:35 PM
and even if you beat the thorn knight before yesterday's patch. you still received the vulture card, so I see no problem there either.

Do you think people would have spent hours of their time trying to figure out a "secret" if they knew it was just a bugged encounter?

HEXahedron
02-19-2016, 12:47 PM
Soul of Raqqar was dropping in place of Blight Steed, not in place of Lady Devonshire. Lady Devonshire's drop rate was in no way affected by the issue.

This was also fixed (without a patch) very shortly after it was reported. However, it then broke again for a day or so during a previous hotfix before it was fixed again. This patch included a permanent fix for the problem that caused the issue to reappear, which is why it was included in the patch notes even though Soul of Raqqar was already no longer being incorrectly rewarded.

Brjuntinaar
02-19-2016, 12:49 PM
Soul of Raqqar was dropping in place of Blight Steed, not in place of Lady Devonshire. Lady Devonshire's drop rate was in no way affected by the issue.

This was also fixed (without a patch) very shortly after it was reported. However, it then broke again for a day or so during a previous hotfix before it was fixed again. This patch included a permanent fix for the problem that caused the issue to reappear, which is why it was included in the patch notes even though Soul of Raqqar was already no longer being incorrectly rewarded.
Thank you so much for the response. It seems that these Souls of Raqqar I got actually would have been Blight Steeds, and if that is the case, I'd say I'm happy with the Souls instead. :)

LNQ
02-19-2016, 12:53 PM
So in hindsight wouldn't you say that it was good that this was not widely communicated when there was an exploit to get easy souls of raqqar, huh Brjuntinaar? Quite a reversal for this thread. :)

Brjuntinaar
02-19-2016, 12:53 PM
So in hindsight wouldn't you say that it was good that this was not widely communicated when there was an exploit to get easy souls of raqqar, huh Brjuntinaar? Quite a reversal for this thread. :)

Yep, haha.

Angmar
02-19-2016, 12:56 PM
Well that explains how I got four souls in a span of five runs on one day.