PDA

View Full Version : Common Inflation

Kaizor
02-21-2016, 07:23 AM
Hi
i feel that since we got tons of commons for free and another tons of commons from the Campaign, they are simply worthless.
You are unable to sell tons of them, because anyone got them for free anyway. For example i have over 20 Molten Sloggards from Boosters and other Stuff and can't even sell them for 1 Gold.
That is totally stupid in my opinion that you get way to much commons and the commons in Boosters are totally dead cards now, because you are simply unable to sell them.
I mean, sure it is cool for new players to get commons so easy, but for any other player it's a mess to get so many of them.
I also think that this is another big factor that makes Booster Buying totally unworthy. Before the Campaign Patch you had at least some Commons you could sell for at least some gold like Peek, Shield Trainer or Ruby Pyromancer. Now after the Patch you can feel yourself lucky if you get more than 80 Gold for each of them. It's ridicilous and the Campaign is not long out yet. Each day that passes in Hex Commons get less and less of a worth and it's harder to sell them, but the prices of Legs, Rares and Uncommons keep rising, because you can only get them from Booster Packs.
Imo this should somehow be changed. I know the damage is done already and all Ed 1-3 Commons are worth nothing now, but maybe in the Future you could rebalance the far to high outcome of free Commons, so maybe Edition 4 Commons won't fall to an unworthy unsellable state.

x78089
02-21-2016, 07:35 AM
Crafting should help alleviate this issue to an extent.

ossuary
02-21-2016, 07:53 AM
The only reason most of the commons were worth anything in the first place was because of the price floor. The majority of commons shouldn't be sellable for more than 1-2 platinum anyway. This is not a problem, it is just a correction of a previous inequality. As x78089 says, once crafting is in, you will have something you can do with these unsellable junk cards.

Not every single card in the game is intended to be worth money to you. There will always be junk cards and good cards.

Salverus
02-21-2016, 07:55 AM
i dont think common cards were worth anything, even before the free cards from campaign.

Harwinne
02-21-2016, 08:08 AM
You can't get the good commons. This was a good way of giving F2P players access to more different cards without diluting the value of anything that would be worth something.

wolzarg
02-21-2016, 08:53 AM
There is a limited pool of cards in the pve packs figure out which cards aren't in and sell those if you think they have value. Hint they do not.

Refugee
02-21-2016, 09:11 AM
Loss to me = Tiny amounts of gold I could never be bothered to collect anyway
Gain to me = F2P players stop asking where the free stuff is

Overall I support commons being worthless it seems.

Elwinz
02-21-2016, 11:50 AM
There are several high value high demand commons toiugh. Like crackling bolt.

Kroan
02-21-2016, 01:09 PM
Welcome to TCG's. I have a couple of boxes of worthless commons on my attic. Sometimes I sell like 1000 for 5 bucks. They're not worth anything though... not really.

As Elwinz says, there are some commons that fetch a pretty price... Molten Sloggard won't be one of those I am afraid :P

Shameless plug: http://hexprice.com/highvaluerocks

Clawdius
02-21-2016, 01:30 PM
I dream of a day when Hex will introduce the revolutionary new concept of a merchant that will buy things from players for gold. I know, it's probably never been done before. It's like faster than light travel or neuro-cannula, a science fiction idea that probably won't ever be possible. But a man can dream. A man can dream.

katkillad
02-21-2016, 01:40 PM
I made like 20k plat selling commons and uncommons when Arena launched, probably made 3k plat selling commons when Campaign launched.

It takes more effort than what it's worth though.

TOOT
02-21-2016, 04:50 PM
I like to hold out hope that each way to get a foil card depends on it's rarity.

For commons you need to craft/combine 100 of a specific common to get a foil verison of that card. Same for about 40 of a particular uncommon.

Rares, legends, and promos can have a different ruleset on how to get a foil version.

x78089
02-21-2016, 04:52 PM
I like to hold out hope that each way to get a foil card depends on it's rarity.

For commons you need to craft/combine 100 of a specific common to get a foil verison of that card. Same for about 40 of a particular uncommon.

Rares, legends, and promos can have a different ruleset on how to get a foil version.

This would be awesome IMO. We need a way to suck these cards out of the system and this fits the bill. Not sure I see the need to foil promos though. Everything else I agree with.

wolzarg
02-21-2016, 05:22 PM
So you need 400 of a common to make a playset can't you see how absurd that is?

TOOT
02-21-2016, 05:30 PM
When commons go for 3 plat, you can buy 100 of them for a whopping 300 plat which is on par with what plenty of similar cards go for like the Gold AA's from the store.

It increases demand for cards that are virtually useless/worthless. It gives something for people to do with thousands if not tens of thousands of cards sitting there doing nothing.

I'm eager to hear a better idea what you are going to do with your Cottontail Scouts or Vandalizes.

wolzarg
02-21-2016, 06:31 PM
You just proved to me you don't understand supply and demand so read up about that to grasp the issue with your idea.

TOOT
02-21-2016, 06:41 PM
Since I'm such an idiot why don't you explain it to me. This should be good....

x78089
02-21-2016, 06:46 PM
Actually you haven't proven anything, other than you are extremely dismissive. This is a great way to rebalance the oversupply problem and give us all something else to chase. We all know that commons can only go so high in price until pack cracking becomes profitable, so it would be a self correcting problem. It would be wicked whale bait and deal with the commons from campaign as well.

superdax
02-21-2016, 07:29 PM
Don,t forget that Set 3 has been out since a while. I use to sell LOTS of common and uncommon for gold. New players have gold and want new cards which they acquire with their gold :)

I did not try recently and don't know if all common and uncommon still sell good for gold. That's one thing i liked about Hex economy the exchange for my no use common for gold.

When set 4 comes out, i'm sure commons and unco will be worth money again :)

magic_gazz
02-21-2016, 07:33 PM
Commons shouldn't really have any value. They are COMMON.

Xexist
02-21-2016, 08:04 PM
Commons shouldn't really have any value. They are COMMON.

so are $1 bills, doesnt make them worthless (economy jokes aside)

KingGabriel
02-22-2016, 04:08 AM
so are $1 bills, doesnt make them worthless (economy jokes aside)
Well I mean money is just something we put value to - don't make me bring back darkspire/scrivener/yeti coins.

Khazrakh
02-22-2016, 04:23 AM
Well I mean money is just something we put value to - don't make me bring back darkspire/scrivener/yeti coins.

Bring back? I never dropped them.
I'm still storing hundreds of ASC for a rainy day :P

incitfulmonk21
02-22-2016, 05:36 AM

I took a bath in the DSC market crash. Never investing again.
#NotMyKing