PDA

View Full Version : Taming Sphere

magic_gazz
02-21-2016, 05:27 PM
50% of the time, it works none of the time. (slight exaggeration for comedy value)

I hate to be one of those guys who complain about RNG, but I honestly feel the 50% option on this card does not work anywhere close to 50% of the time.

It seems when I use this option the first time it almost never works, the second time it doesn't often work, it is only when you get to 3 or 4 activations it seems to remove stuff.

Am I just on the bad side of the RNG with this card or are other people noticing the same thing?

Disclaimer: This isn't really a big deal as none of the encounters where this is used are very hard.

bigtipper
02-21-2016, 06:32 PM
yea, i usually go for the 2 cost option because I have good luck with the sphere. I would say you just have bad luck. :p

wolzarg
02-21-2016, 06:34 PM
The first time i did these it seemed to work almost every time so i questioned the point of the 5 cost but it has since balanced out and i feel it is about 50% sorry.

parogui
02-21-2016, 06:55 PM
Also looks like quest completition is bugged if you use the 2 cost ability so just go for the 5 cost one atm.

Fateanomaly
02-21-2016, 07:49 PM
Even the 5 cost one can bug out the quest completion. You just have to keep trying and hope it works. Maybe exit and enter the campaign might help. I think it is a recent bug as my previous 8 chars have no problems but my 9th one took 3 fights to get the diretoad clear.

Xexist
02-21-2016, 08:05 PM
This isn't really a big deal as none of the encounters where this is used are very hard.

I find them very hard...... to not win before you capture something :p

Refugee
02-21-2016, 09:19 PM
I've run the campaign at least 6 times in it's entirety at this point as well as a dozen or so more runs through the racial rewards. I have to agree with some other people here that if anything it's felt to me like it works more than 50% of the time. You've probably just been unlucky unfortunately.

Mejis
02-21-2016, 09:28 PM
I find them very hard...... to not win before you capture something :p

Haha so true.

To the OP, I always feel unlucky and the 2 cost never (exaggeration) works, so almost always have to use the 5 cost. Does seem bugged for quest completion sometimes though. I've caught a beast and then had to go back and re do it for the reward.

Also, has anyone put the equipment (get all beast thresholds and put in your hand... think that's what it is) to good use in any encounter yet??

Miwa
02-21-2016, 10:01 PM
Wow, I wish I was one of the lucky ones. I have had the 2 cost work once in the 5 times I've run the campaign so far. I was completely shocked when it did work on my last run through.

I kept expecting a patch note to have some sort of fix for it. What I should do is start writing down my usage to 'force' it to be more normal. :P

A_e-n
02-23-2016, 08:16 AM
Even the 5 cost one can bug out the quest completion. You just have to keep trying and hope it works. Maybe exit and enter the campaign might help. I think it is a recent bug as my previous 8 chars have no problems but my 9th one took 3 fights to get the diretoad clear.

This is my experience as well.

whiteyzz
02-23-2016, 04:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjvQFtlNQ-M

Honestly my first run with my necrotic warrior it worked every time with the [2] 50% chance, now with the patch I haven't got it to work or it's the 3rd try. I don't know it seems when I start a run either all my 2's are generally 2/3rd turn goes off or it will never go off and i need to do the 5 cost ability.

Jugg
02-23-2016, 05:26 PM
Yeah I've also noticed that since the patch Onyxia casts deep breath way less.