PDA

View Full Version : Traits that may need a second look!

Kalemero
02-21-2016, 07:27 PM
There are now a good couple of traits on animals and races that doesn't make a whole lot of sense for the theme - or synergize poorly with cards that you would think would interact with that card, but don't.

I do not have all examples myself and I hope others will bunch in with more cards which have traits that feel a bit "off".

A few of those cards that I know which have odds traits:

Dogs. Guard Dog and Attack Dog. Houndmaster uses these as his loyal pets, however they do not have "pet" trait (e.g. Pet Beast like so many other pet users have), which makes it synergize poorly with Royal Den Mother or cards and champion abilities that play with trait effects (Sir Giles, Purge, Tribal Warfare, etc).

Shin'hares - the "sensei" trait. While I think that shin'hare having a trait being "sensei" is super cool - it also gimps certain cards (even if only a little), mainly in PvE. Necrophate Sensei is a Shin'hare Warlock Sensei. It makes sense. It is good. However, then the logic stopped. Moon'ariu Sensei is just a sensei, he is not, say, a warrior as well. Same goes with Sensei of the Wounded Petal - she could also be a cleric. That would make sense! Guru of the Wounded Petal also seems very Sensei-ish, but he is just a cleric.

Then there's Savage Lord. He is riding a dinosaur, he is lord of the dinos - however, he has no dino traits. He is a Cromag. While it's fine having a barbarian race called Cromag, following the same line as most cards, he could have been "Cromag Dinosaur Lord". Having 'dinosaur' in his trait line could do well in certain parts. I myself was very disappointed when there was a tournament where only cards sharing same traits could be in a deck - and unable to bring him a long in a dinosaur deck was a big disappointment.

I'm only suggesting that some of the traits should have a small overlook, as for some decks, having certain traits have a major effect on deciding whether or not to bring a long that card into your deck, especially in PvE.

Thanks for reading and listening! :-)

whiteyzz
02-22-2016, 05:32 PM
I agree with 1/2 but then for the balance of something like Sir Giles comes into play it could be to effective stalling with Sir Giles out of all your dogs. But hey maybe a PVE only change/errata?

3. The savage lord is just the guy on the dinosaur, and to be honest he's already pretty powerful w/equipment so IMO he's fine as is.

Azraile
02-29-2016, 03:07 AM
Think he should get poto-human dinosaur lord.... that way he could get thrown in with humans too because I dought there ever be that many cromags

thats a problem MTG has too.... lots of trait sharing bonuses.... then lots of traits with like only one card that is in them.... >.<

like there are 3~4 squirrels but there are cards that buff squirrel cards...... O.o

And they need to go back over and add mage/warrior/cleric/whatnot to all the cards where they apply, because there are a lot they apply and don't have 'em because they likely wern't thinking ahead at the time....

Thats the best thing about online TCG's though.... you can change everyones cards together, rather than being like.... oh yah if you wana know the changes we are making you have to go to this websight and download pages after pages of changes x.x

Clawdius
02-29-2016, 07:33 PM
I think the only troop that needs a new trait is the Grand Squirrel Titan. He should be Dashing Squirrel because he's clearly quite dapper.

Angmar
02-29-2016, 09:23 PM
Think he should get poto-human dinosaur lord.... that way he could get thrown in with humans too because I dought there ever be that many cromags

thats a problem MTG has too.... lots of trait sharing bonuses.... then lots of traits with like only one card that is in them.... >.<

like there are 3~4 squirrels but there are cards that buff squirrel cards...... O.o

And they need to go back over and add mage/warrior/cleric/whatnot to all the cards where they apply, because there are a lot they apply and don't have 'em because they likely wern't thinking ahead at the time....

Thats the best thing about online TCG's though.... you can change everyones cards together, rather than being like.... oh yah if you wana know the changes we are making you have to go to this websight and download pages after pages of changes x.x

I wouldn't be surprised if Hex eventually does this. MtG has had at least one massive clean up (possibly more that I don't remember) where they made errata to a decade's worth of existing cards. It would be significantly less problematic for HexEnt to do the same without players having to remember what the cards text should now read as.