PDA

View Full Version : Better equipment filter

Fateanomaly
02-23-2016, 10:20 PM
As more equipments become available, running through the list to find the equipment we are missing is a hassle. Can we get a filter that only shows the equips we are missing or have a sort by quantity so we can see the one we have 0 of.

Yoss
02-23-2016, 11:14 PM
Yeah, I'd love to see the equips move to an interface more like the Card Manager.

madar
02-24-2016, 02:15 AM
Yes at least a sort would be nice.

Salverus
02-24-2016, 05:16 AM
open a deck, go to equipment tab, select show all that helps a bit.
Unfortunately you can't sort by quantity.

Xavon
02-24-2016, 08:17 AM
I'd settle for just being able to sort by slot.

Clawdius
02-24-2016, 09:45 AM

That's an unreasonable request, you're clearly a madman. That would require like, literally LINES of code./s

Xavon
02-24-2016, 11:16 AM
That's an unreasonable request, you're clearly a madman. That would require like, literally LINES of code./s

Depending on which grid control they are using on that screen, it might be as much as characters of code.

Koz
02-25-2016, 07:57 AM

Yeah...it's utterly maddening that clicking on the tabs at the top of the equipment screen don't sort the cards by that category. I'd love to be able to sort by slot please!

Chinane
02-25-2016, 09:31 AM
Filtering by slot isn't THAT much of a hassle though, compared to some other filters. So you could go through each slot separately.

Clawdius
02-25-2016, 10:20 AM
Filtering by slot isn't THAT much of a hassle though, compared to some other filters. So you could go through each slot separately.

They theoretically have all of that code in place. You have to, for example, click on the price tab four times to sort by lowest buyout on a card in the AH. So all they have to do is plug it in, I've been waiting for the feature since Equipment was introduced on the public test server for Frost Ring Arena. This is another one of those cases where if code could spontaneously generate, and a character was created every time someone clicked on those tabs to sort by and they didn't do anything beyond generate a character of code, the game would have coded this feature into itself by now.

They have to have all of the code for sorting the database set up for the auction house, and deny it to us for use in sorting our own collections, for reasons I can't explain.

We're in this stage of the vicious cycle where we're trying to build a critical mass of users to kick off a chain reaction of infinite money going into HXE's coffers. Every time someone clicks on something as simple as a tab in the equipment list and it won't sort by that and quits the game, that's one player who could potentially never come back. User Interfaces aren't the kind of thing you can shrug off and say "Meh, they'll figure it out, they can search by the specific item name. All they have to do is go onto Hexprice and use their properly designed sorting features, find what they're after, come back here and punch it on in! Simple!".

When your third party websites have a better UI than your actual interface in your game, it's weird. The longer it goes on the weirder it gets. I'm starting to feel like I'm in the twilight zone, the Frost Ring Arena and Equipment patched into the game A YEAR AGO NEXT MONTH.

Are they waiting for that, before they give the equipment UI a competent interface? Will we all have to band together and sing the interface "happy birthday" before we'll get tabs that sort items? Your guess is as good as mine.

HEXahedron
03-01-2016, 03:50 PM

You already can! :) It's just called sort by "Type".
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4270&d=1456872107

I've made sure that we've started tracking the issue that the wording here is confusing. It will be treated as a bug and fixed in a future patch.

I've also passed along a request that the equipment filtering and sorting options be reexamined to see how they can be expanded upon. Thank you, everyone, for the feedback.

Xavon
03-01-2016, 05:36 PM
You already can! :) It's just called sort by "Type".
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4270&d=1456872107

I've made sure that we've started tracking the issue that the wording here is confusing. It will be treated as a bug and fixed in a future patch.

I've also passed along a request that the equipment filtering and sorting options be reexamined to see how they can be expanded upon. Thank you, everyone, for the feedback.

Perhaps I should say by clicking on the grid header.

HEXahedron
03-01-2016, 07:18 PM

That will be looked into, as well. :)

Clawdius
03-01-2016, 07:21 PM

You don't understand Xavon, they're looking to win the award for least intuitive user interface ever designed!

Click four times on price to sort by lowest buyout price. Click twice on the interface icon to wait until end of phase, if you -actually- want to wait until the end of the phase rather than being interrupted if anything happens between now and the end of the aforementioned phase. double click to interact with a card, unless that card has multiple potential interactions, in which case that won't even get you zoomed in so you can select one, rather you -must- right click and then select. Card manager access from the top of the screen? Not anymore! Now you have to click "Play" to use the card manager. Which is apparently something you play kind of like solitaire, except there are no win conditions or ways to lose. Open the deck editor in campaign, and the menu will size itself to fit including the shard grid, outside of the portion of the screen consumed by the chat. For .1 seconds, then it snaps to full size, leaving the default chat position perfectly covering the shard grid in many resolutions (I assume there are some 21x9 that may not be the case for?). Backspace to respond to a reply? Pase, overdone! Practically every game with a chat does that. Instead you have to use /r. Or the game will automatically reply to the -first- person who sends you a private message, but not any subsequent people. But watch out! If you receive a private message while you're away, the shared buffer will almost certainly leave you with a blinking tab, a number, and no messages to read!

Sorry for venting Hexahedron, but you can't lie, elements of the UI are strangely unintuitive.

HEXahedron
03-01-2016, 08:00 PM
Sorry for venting Hexahedron, but you can't lie, elements of the UI are strangely unintuitive.

We're always looking for feedback, Clawdius. However, it is easier for us to pass on that feedback to the right people when it's in the form of constructive criticism, rather than the form of a rant. Many of the individual issues you brought up would make excellent feedback threads of their own, minus the hyperbole.