PDA

View Full Version : Tournament queue wait

Calvert
02-24-2016, 11:21 AM
I rarely post as usually the concerns I have are so quickly reported that they're fixed within a few weeks, but this one seems to be elusive. Is there a way you could have someone queue up for a tournament and simply have a little icon someone in a corner that shows how many are waiting while players do other things besides talk on chat?

I think playing something PvE related or browsing the store/Auction house would be reasonable while you wait for your pod to fill. The AI won't care if you randomly vanish and anything you're doing on the auction house is rarely time sensitive. In case it would make it easier: you could even give the 8 players a one minute warning that it's about to begin. Waiting that extra minute as I do something else is lovely compared to sitting in draft, looking at a list, for an hour or longer.

People would be far more likely to join a draft when they know they could still do other things (even if they're limited like previous described) and those extra numbers means more plat/money being spent in the game. As someone who really enjoys the game, I'd love to see it continue to grow and live so please give us tournament players something to do. :)

Clawdius
02-24-2016, 12:06 PM
They implemented this feature for large scale tourneys (at the very least temporarily - I haven't participated in a large scale tourney in quite some time), at the time I saw it being tested it was so poorly implemented that it literally just gave you a warning to get into the lobby. As in, it wouldn't pull you into the lobby itself, if you happened to be AFK when the tourney fired you were just SOL and I guess an auto *bye*.

I would love to see this feature, but sadly in the years since draft was implemented they still haven't even bothered to write code to change the text when you were eliminated from "forfeit" to "leave". If I had to guess, I would say that if one character of code was spontaneously generated every time some new player asked whether they were free to leave a tourney they had been eliminated from or if that would cost them their prizes, the code would have written itself by now.

Something like you describe would be a wonderful addition to the game, and sadly may not even be in the works.

At Hex Entertainment LLC they seem to have a strict policy to never tell us anything if they can avoid it. They don't even give us patch notes until they've pulled the servers down, their own in game NOBLE support staff seem to be kept in the dark as much as the players. Which is a shame, because players and community support liasons aren't mushrooms, and in my experience MMO developers don't usually try to treat them like they are.

Calvert
02-24-2016, 12:11 PM
Something like you describe would be a wonderful addition to the game, and sadly may not even be in the works.

At Hex Entertainment LLC they seem to have a strict policy to never tell us anything if they can avoid it. They don't even give us patch notes until they've pulled the servers down, their own in game NOBLE support staff seem to be kept in the dark as much as the players. Which is a shame, because players and community support liasons aren't mushrooms, and in my experience MMO developers don't usually try to treat them like they are.
I don't mind if we're kept in the dark nor if they decide to see my idea and scrap it. But I'm doing everything I can to offer my two cents to improve their sales and the satisfaction of their player base. Over time they may try this, but who knows. I'm not a computer coder so I don't know how hard it is to implement a system like this, all I know is it would streamline tournaments significantly.

Yoss
02-24-2016, 02:56 PM
+1 to the idea.

Calvert
03-05-2016, 02:52 PM
Any other thoughts on this idea? I would love if this actually got momentum; assuming the population of tournament players agree.