PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for campaign

Calvert
02-24-2016, 12:41 PM
While playing the campaign there were a few things I would love to see implemented as well as more of some ideas.

One of the things I mean by wanting to see more of would be like the fight where you save the princess by reverting it in the bog encounter: Using specific abilities/cards to get a bonus or effect changes in the fight.

Another would be changes in dungeons based on fights like in Devinshire where if you avoid getting burned in the first fight, a new path would open.

One thing I would love to see added to dungeons would be fights altering depending on what direction you approach the fight. An example would be in Devinshire, some of the fights create a ring where you can choose either path to get to the end, but they connect so you could do a lap around and do all the fights. I think it would be neat that if you approached a fight from behind, you get a small event to happen like a preemptive strike.

The final thing I would love to see would be secret fights in dungeons. I always loved when hidden bosses/rooms in games require some prerequisite or condition(s) to be met in previous encounters to access. Even something simple like clicking on something subtle would bringing you to a new challenge would be kinda neat.

Obviously these ideas aren't exactly organized or even good for that matter, they're just what came to mind after completing it.

Turtlewing
02-24-2016, 01:51 PM
I like all those idea except this one:

Even something simple like clicking on something subtle would bringing you to a new challenge would be kinda neat.

I hate pixelbitching with a passion and really don't want to see a mechanic where a small number of random things you see are clickable and have effects in game but no indication that they are anything other than backdrop.

It's fine to have secret fights in dungeons but link them into the same UI and interaction system as the rest of the game.

Calvert
02-24-2016, 04:35 PM
I like all those idea except this one:

I hate pixelbitching with a passion and really don't want to see a mechanic where a small number of random things you see are clickable and have effects in game but no indication that they are anything other than backdrop.

It's fine to have secret fights in dungeons but link them into the same UI and interaction system as the rest of the game.

I was just spitballing ideas, but I hear ya. Plus once you know where to click, there's no other surprise really. If they did add that, I'd be ok with it being for something funny, nothing that gives you anything.

Turtlewing
02-25-2016, 09:37 AM
I was just spitballing ideas, but I hear ya. Plus once you know where to click, there's no other surprise really. If they did add that, I'd be ok with it being for something funny, nothing that gives you anything.

Yeah easter eggs can be fun,

I'd just much rather see them tied to actions in the card game rather than clicking on "stuff" in the backdrop.

Scaerow
03-10-2016, 07:25 AM
My idea is to reduce the rediculous amount of rediculous combos from enemies, that make sure you are done turn 2 or 3, thrown at you early game (adenture zone 1: Hag Sorceress, Devonshire Keep, Killipede).
Especially Spitfire Elemental:
End of turn 2 = 5 damage dealt to me, 2 Sweltering Zombies 4/2 & 2/2 + Mindpire Wraith in play. My Hatchery Priest got burned already.

In generell there is too many enemies that ramp up too fast and asure, beginner decks are useless.
You should give players the chance to defeat ANYONE without days of grinding, a specific deck and/or that one match, where the enemy has no resouces. But you won't, because hardcore grinding is what keeps FTPs alive...
The difficulty curve is rediculous and no, i don't overact at all.
AND/OR, Vennen Warriors are simply weak, which i can't tell.
It's kinda funny to see this campaign's "balance", to be honest.

Again, i LOVE the idea of a campaign and it's still fun to play.
But fighting enemies, that seem being lvl 15+, while i am lvl 7, hits hard.

It's prolly only me, but i really don't like getting forced to change the complete theme and strategy f my deck, especially when i can't save different setups or whole decks.

Yoss
03-10-2016, 12:00 PM
Please post your deck list in the Strategy forum and you'll get help on what to tweak. With sufficient skill (maybe too hard for novice?), it is completely possible to play through with any race/class using just the gold and AZ1 rewards, without much grinding.

Planeshaper
03-11-2016, 03:46 AM
One thing I would love to see added to dungeons would be fights altering depending on what direction you approach the fight. An example would be in Devinshire, some of the fights create a ring where you can choose either path to get to the end, but they connect so you could do a lap around and do all the fights. I think it would be neat that if you approached a fight from behind, you get a small event to happen like a preemptive strike.
A (couple?) encounters do implement interesting choices, like the zombie encounter that lets you start with a troop on the field if you save your factional foe from the zombies.

But the directed graph approach to changing up encounters is a great idea!