PDA

View Full Version : Posters!

w00dy101
02-26-2016, 03:00 PM
Hello,

I am wondering if we could ever get the posters that have been available at various events available in an online store of some sort. As far as I am concerned take away the sleeve codes that come with them for any purchased online. (To preserve some exclusivity of being in attendance of the various events.) My computer room walls are pretty bare except for a limited edition signed Penny Arcade laser cel. I have been literally searching for years for some great looking game related stuff to adorn the walls. These posters would be perfect.

I am thinking it would look pretty good to have the penny arcade print in the middle of one wall with 2 of the hex posters on each side spaced accordingly. (Yeah, there are only 3 so far but, I am sure more are coming to get the full 4, after that I have another whole wall to put more posters)

Unfortunately I can afford to travel to these events right now and I don't have anyone I know well enough in Hex that I would be comfortable asking to pick me up posters despite playing rather actively since alpha.

I know this is a long shot but, I figured I would post it anyway.

Thank you for your consideration!

wolzarg
02-26-2016, 03:05 PM
More than a few people want the sleeves more than the poster i would say your chances are good if you are willing to split the cost and pay for shipping.

Straga007
02-26-2016, 11:34 PM
I'm with you. I love the cards' art, but for me the posters are superior. Unfortunately, I can't attend the invitational too. I'm really interested in the posters (+ sleeve) and the mug for myself and to use as prize for the next tournaments that I'm planning to organize in my region. So, I would be glad to pay the shipping costs and some extra in order to obtain it.

Deathlock
02-27-2016, 07:57 AM
I'm on the other side of the Globe, and I'd like to be able to buy some merch too.

Caledor
02-27-2016, 08:02 AM
Yes please let us Europeans buy some of your stuffs :) like Blizzard does for everything that is "virtual" goods (like sleeve in this case). I think we are a lot around the world and in my opinion it's not fair as I am sure we will see "sleeves codes" in the black market at a very high price... If it's virtual its international in my opinion... But we already know what will happen :(

saffamike
02-27-2016, 02:44 PM
It's super disappointing that we can't order physical goods online, but I get that it creates a lot of extra work. Maybe one day.

fido_one
02-28-2016, 06:10 AM
It's super disappointing that we can't order physical goods online, but I get that it creates a lot of extra work. Maybe one day.

Didn't HexEnt say they were going to have a run of posters that could be bought on-line (comes with sleeve codes)? Did I/we miss that or did they have to back off of that idea given the complexities of it?

FoundInTheFlood
02-28-2016, 06:27 AM
Yes please. Let us shell out cash!

Seshia
02-28-2016, 01:26 PM
If I were to buy merch from someone who was going, what would the safest payment method from me be to make sure that they don't just take my money and run? I may well be able to pay for a marked up poster/sleeve pack and want to make sure I am doing things right.

wolzarg
02-28-2016, 08:03 PM
Using a middleman you both trust is the only way any other way gives them a chance to be left dry and its not like they are going to do you a favor only to be left hoping you end up paying.

saffamike
02-29-2016, 12:03 AM
Didn't HexEnt say they were going to have a run of posters that could be bought on-line (comes with sleeve codes)? Did I/we miss that or did they have to back off of that idea given the complexities of it?

I recall that being said too, but I've not heard anything since.

dylannorthrup
02-29-2016, 01:35 PM

The last I remember, Chark said they want to do this, but it's not a great place to devote resources at the moment (time could be better spent working on things that'll help the game directly and the modest profit it would bring in would not offset the time spent on managing it).

If I were to buy merch from someone who was going, what would the safest payment method from me be to make sure that they don't just take my money and run? I may well be able to pay for a marked up poster/sleeve pack and want to make sure I am doing things right.

The best way to do it is to work with a community member you know and/or trust who's willing to do this for you. If you don't know or trust anyone, it becomes more difficult.

If I were local to the area, I'd consider getting a bit entrepreneurial by buying up extra swag and offering it on the forums for price + S/H + percentage. Sadly, I'm flying in and flying out, so the logistics would be more difficult since a) the time spent handling the items would take away from the time spent enjoying the tournament and b) flying home with extra items would be problematic and shipping them myself would cut into profit margins.

That being said, I would suggest anyone who is relatively local to the tournament consider investing some money into getting stock, advertising on the forums they'll be doing this and see who's interested in having someone local act as a purchasing agent.

Also, I will say if anyone's interested in just the poster, I'm happy to do a one-off with you if I can keep the sleeve code ;-)

Phenteo
02-29-2016, 04:28 PM
Just to jump in to clarify a few things. We're only selling the Tournament merchandise at the tournament location. Nothing will be sold online. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Clawdius
03-02-2016, 12:45 AM
Nothing will be sold online.
Through HXE. Which is a shame, because it kind of opens the door to scalpers, or whatever you'd call a profiteer who pays for their attendance by reselling rare merchandise codes. It's a real shame you guys don't use Teespring or something to sell some shirts along with the same deck sleeve codes. You could insure that all of the sleeves were available to the entire community, even if the posters and such were still reserved for those people who can attend the event.

Plus you never know, a few hundred people wearing shirts with HexTCG.com might be helpful advertising.

Sixlooter
03-02-2016, 04:53 AM
Just to jump in to clarify a few things. We're only selling the Tournament merchandise at the tournament location. Nothing will be sold online. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Understood.
Could it be an idea for future events to sell exclusive online participation tickets for a moderate fee and make items (at least the digital versions) then available for purchase to those online participants as well?

Aradon
03-02-2016, 11:38 AM
If I'm not mistaken, their intent is for the digital items (i.e. sleeves) to be exclusive to those who can attend, to make them rare and desirable. They wanted *something* to show attendance and commemorate special events. Players just managed to convince them to put it all on sleeves, a non-important cosmetic. Asking at this point to make the sleeves available by digital purchase is asking them to reverse a stance they're already pretty well entrenched in.

BKCshah
03-02-2016, 07:56 PM
If I recall correctly, there were plans to sell some of the GenCon 2014 posters online. Shipping and handling probably became more work than desired. Some sleeves were for event attendance (Jadiim, Buccaneer, Cloud King, Broski Buk, New IQ sleeve). Others were for achievement (winning draft - special poster sleeves). Selling the certain sleeve codes could be done without breaking any agreements imo.

Also, the sleeve codes appear to be given out fairly freely at events which makes them less than attendance mandatory, which isn't a bad thing necessarily.